Nittaku Ma Long 5

hi,

so i bought this new blade from Nittaku, and i tried it with Tenergy 05 on Forehand and Tenergy 64fx on the backhand side. After one session here are my thoughts:

Counters: They are a breeze with this blade. No issues at all. Even with short backswing i was able to generate tons of speed.
Blocks: Similar to the counter, blocking was effortless. Even with heavy topspins i was able to block back with good control. Missed a few blocks due to extra pace on my own, no fault of the setup.
Drive: Not only the drive was fast, it also had good spin. The ball was roaring to the other side without much effort. Loop spin was a breeze, and counter spins is even easier.

Conclusion: This coming after i switched from an old-school blade (hurricane WL), the nittaku long 5 will suit any modern day attacker. Control spin and speed are both optimal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
hi,

so i bought this new blade from Nittaku, and i tried it with Tenergy 05 on Forehand and Tenergy 64fx on the backhand side. After one session here are my thoughts:

Counters: They are a breeze with this blade. No issues at all. Even with short backswing i was able to generate tons of speed.
Blocks: Similar to the counter, blocking was effortless. Even with heavy topspins i was able to block back with good control. Missed a few blocks due to extra pace on my own, no fault of the setup.
Drive: Not only the drive was fast, it also had good spin. The ball was roaring to the other side without much effort. Loop spin was a breeze, and counter spins is even easier.

Conclusion: This coming after i switched from an old-school blade (hurricane WL), the nittaku long 5 will suit any modern day attacker. Control spin and speed are both optimal.
Interesting. For a 5-ply blade it costs $120USD. So it has to be good.

How is the flex? Any good flex when looping hard?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The flex is good. Fairly decent on hard loops.
At no stage during the first session did i feel that i was out of control of the rallies or the points. This blade pretty much does what you want it to do.
Interesting. Fairly expensive to my budget hopefully can try it one day. I only love wooden blades. [emoji16] [emoji16]