DHS LONG 3 OR DHS LONG 5, Differences, Comparison?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Good Morning,
Table tennis daily community,

This is my first post, so please treat me kindly,

Im meddling between this 2 blades.
Biggest difference between the two in term of looping and control?, reading reviews, im guessing LONG V is faster, but what else?.

My style of play
Shakehand - Offensive Player: Like to loop mid distance from both wings and sometimes like to block from bh too ( when opponent is more aggresive), i take more of a 5th Ball attack approach.
When playing short, I push short and when having the chance i try to Forehand flick, I want to develop a good Banana flick, to be a little more aggresive.

Background
I play first division in my league, so i like to think im an intermediate player. (And yes, im a Fan of Ma Long)

So if you can help me decide i would gladly take advices.
Regards!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hi, question, why do you want to change, what do you think you'll achieve by changing your blade?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
There's no equipment that magically will make you a better player. I'm pretty sure that the opposite will happen if you change your equipment, you will dip for several months as you adapt to your new equipment.

If you really want to add more power to your shots, then improve your technique. If you think your technique is flawless, then look to your physique. If you decide that your technique is perfect and your fitness level is really high, then by all means, buy new equipment.

I know at least 1 player personally that play in the highest league in my country that plays with slower equipment than you do currently and he has power to spare.

Having said that, I can fully understand wanting to experiment with your equipment, so my advice is that you actually buy both and test which suits you best. Both are good blades and I think the difference between the two blades comes down to personal preference and any advice given here would be colored by that, especially since we have not seen you play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
There's no equipment that magically will make you a better player. I'm pretty sure that the opposite will happen if you change your equipment, you will dip for several months as you adapt to your new equipment.

If you really want to add more power to your shots, then improve your technique. If you think your technique is flawless, then look to your physique. If you decide that your technique is perfect and your fitness level is really high, then by all means, buy new equipment.

I know at least 1 player personally that play in the highest league in my country that plays with slower equipment than you do currently and he has power to spare.

Having said that, I can fully understand wanting to experiment with your equipment, so my advice is that you actually buy both and test which suits you best. Both are good blades and I think the difference between the two blades comes down to personal preference and any advice given here would be colored by that, especially since we have not seen you play.

Thank you for your response, My technique is not flawless neither my fitness, im a bit too muscular. I just want to experiment with a high quality Paddle and see if it works for me or not . I think im gonna go with the Hurricane Long V, and will let you know my thoughts..

Reactions: Suga D