Ipong Pro Robot

This user has no status.
I just received my iPong pro robot yesterday and gave it a try. I was really disappointed in its performance with the included practice balls - maybe every 3rd ball was launched correctly and had the correct spin I tried to set up for. The rest either fell out of the machine like nothing propelled them, or shot out off the table with no spin. Does anyone have any pointers on how to get it to work better? It did ok with the 40+ plastic balls I have but i only have about 20. If I can't get it to work acceptably this week I'm returning it and will self hit instead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
As you said, it works well with the 40+ balls. I've used mine primarily with the 40 mm celluloid balls, which works well. 38 mm balls will fall out of the robot. Just get a box of balls from places like Walmart or Fred Meyer. The ipong is a useful tool to work on your mechanics and technique. If I had the money (and courage to defy my wife) I'd buy one of those amicus robots.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Just a friendly reminder about this robot that when you put it into storage you better remove the big spinning wheel on top of the middle portion. I simply left mine in place and the next time I took it out for a spin the joining part was found broken. Someone must have put weight on top and crack it. I opened up the little yellow motor and found that it is a special piece of plastic gear. Should be easy to replace but the seller ask about it from official supplier for me and the answer is that I need to buy the whole middle portion which end up not mush less than buying a new one. Have less than 3 times of use in 1 week. Lesson learnt. :mad:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Not to necromance this thread, but my findings might be helpful to someone else that has the same issue I describe above. I pulled the body of the robot apart and found that the two wheels that throw the ball are mounted to the same bracket. I bent the bracket to push the wheels closer together and shimmed one of the bracket mounts with some cardboard. Robot works like a dream now and is very consistent. I find that to emulate a block the topspin should be at 3 and backspin should be just barely "on". To emulate a strong push, topspin should be off and backspin should be at 4 or 5. If your serves are weaker or if you play against people that don't push very well, you may want to set backspin to 3 and topspin to just barely "on".