Review of the STIGA Mantra Rubber

My reviews on the Stiga Mantra Rubber have been posted in the TTD Review Centre:

Full detailed review on the Stiga Mantra S
Full detailed review on the Stiga Mantra M
Full detailed review on the Stiga Mantra H

STIGA Mantra S

yogimantrasoft.jpg

yogimantrasoft1.jpg

STIGA Mantra M

yogimantramedium.jpg

yogimantramedium1.jpg

STIGA Mantra H

yogimantrahard.jpg

yogimantrahard1.jpg

Initial thoughts

The STIGA Mantra is a big update to the previous rubbers the Japanese company produced for Stiga. The topsheet is very grippy and it rivals speed of the latest ESN rubbers. I was biased towards the H version, this was my favorite between the 3 versions. Between the 3 Mantra rubbers I found the soft version to be the slowest, slower than a Tibhar Evolution FX-P. The Medium version is faster and similar speeds to a EL-S. The Hard version was the fastest one, it matches similar speeds if not faster than a Tibhar Evolution MX-P. Excellent rubbers.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I will be recei ing Mantra M in a couple of days. I am very intsrested in rubbers from this factory now.

This user has no status.
I think the word "Power" is the right one when talking about the Mantra H rubber. Hitting the ball close to the table and at the right timing, the rubber explodes. Spin is similar to ESN rubbers, but the so called speed glue effect and the generell feel is different from Tensor rubbers.
Powerspin players, who are playing close to the table, and players who don´t like the, sometimes indirect, tensor effect, should give this rubber series a try :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Are any of these 3 rubbers good for a kind of passive blocking game (insensitive to spin but still decent pace), along with nice smashing abilities?

says [IMG]
Some say Genesis is for spin and Mantra is for speed. But I have to disagree. Mantra is both spin and speed. Playing with Mantra M 2mm on Celero (92gr) and it plays great. Mantra M on Infinity is a bit too fast for me and Genesis on Celero is too slow. The Mantra delivers as much spin as Genesis, but the Genesis is less insensitive to incoming spin compared to Mantra.

For me, the major disadvantage of Genesis, is the lack of catapult. Coming from Acuda Blue P2, the difference is pretty big. Mantra on Celero suits me very well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Do you mean less senstive, or more sensitive? Not trying to nitpick here, just clarifying b/c I am thinking about switching to Mantra from Genesis.

Some say Genesis is for spin and Mantra is for speed. But I have to disagree. Mantra is both spin and speed. Playing with Mantra M 2mm on Celero (92gr) and it plays great. Mantra M on Infinity is a bit too fast for me and Genesis on Celero is too slow. The Mantra delivers as much spin as Genesis, but the Genesis is less insensitive to incoming spin compared to Mantra.

For me, the major disadvantage of Genesis, is the lack of catapult. Coming from Acuda Blue P2, the difference is pretty big. Mantra on Celero suits me very well.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews

for one is disadvantage the lack of catapult and for some it is advantage .... but the 2mm version is slower then the max version .... and i have it on my off++ blade and it is fast like hell . and i like the max more then the 2mm version, the genesis is a push block monster the best control yet... plenty of gears ,i think here is on the top over others rubbers . . Now i`m going to use the genesis s on the bh ..... looking promising.

Last edited: