Killerspin rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The LARC only shows two anymore - Nitrx-4z is some kind of chinese rubber, Fortissimo a made in Germany product which I thought was pretty cool when it came out. They had another made in Germany rubber called Blast, which was a bit harder and faster than Fortissimo.

Does anybody know what happened, after years of only having these Hurricane clones they seemed on a good way.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Nitrix 4z is not a Chinese rubber. Had on my first killerspin setup 5 or 6 years ago. Couldn't really tell the difference between it and fortissimo.

Ok. Many places advertise it like this:

"Tacky But Thin Topsheet Gives You the Advantage of Heavy Spin on Serves. Suited for a Power Driving Offense. Made in China. ITTF Approved."

Doesn't have to be true, though. But I found it hugely different to Fortissimo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
To me "tacky" means "like DHS Hurricane", and by this definition Nitrix 4z is nothing like Hurricane.

As to how different it is to Fortissimo, those days I had naively thought that the best blade was the fastest/most expensive one, and only tried Nitrix 4z/Fortissimo on the Killerspin Diamond TC, which, in retrospect, proved to be way too fast to me at the time. So it is very possible that these rubbers would behave differently on a slower blade in more capable hands than mine from 5 years ago.

P.S.: Killespin did sell two tacky rubbers - GT and GT2. There should be a couple (unimpressed, as I recall) reviews on myytt.net.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
GT and GT2. There should be a couple (unimpressed, as I recall) reviews on myytt.net.

Yeah, I guess those were their Hurricane clones. As for the Nitrx, I only said "Chinese", the tacky bit is from the description. But if I recall this rubber correctly, you are spot on with your verdict. Hard and not much else.

If you look at their website, they´re not even selling blades and rubbers separately anymore - targeted at the American market.