Good blocking/smashing inverted rubbers (insensitive to spin sort)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I've been using tenergy 64fx on the forehand, and it had been working nicely... until I moved up the ranks a bit to more skilled players!

The spin sensitivity has been getting to me as of late -- and true, I could hold out and try to learn how to adapt and utilize the extra spin.

However, I don't really loop too much on that side. So I'm looking for a rubber that is fairly insensitive to spin, but can also do pretty good smashes and quick directional blocking.

Something like the following perhaps?

Donic Coppa x1-x3
Any of the tibhar evolution series?
Stiga Mantra/Calibra?

Any ideas?

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
"insensitive to spin sort"

not sure, but maybe classic rubbers like Mark V / Sriver is what you want to try...
or go for an anti-spin rubber !

But i don't recommend it. I think its overall better to play with Tenergy or any tensor BS, and perfect your technique against different kind of upcoming spin

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
I've been using tenergy 64fx on the forehand, and it had been working nicely... until I moved up the ranks a bit to more skilled players!

The spin sensitivity has been getting to me as of late -- and true, I could hold out and try to learn how to adapt and utilize the extra spin.

However, I don't really loop too much on that side. So I'm looking for a rubber that is fairly insensitive to spin, but can also do pretty good smashes and quick directional blocking.

Donic Coppa x1-x3
Stiga Mantra/Calibra?

Any ideas?
This what called Solcion style rubber,

Rubber class that soft and easy to bottom out, and medium speed / bounce that give best compromise between block and drive.

Not suitable for chopping and looping, not good for imparting spin. Are You sure You want to not to loop? [emoji6]

Examples
Yasaka Pryde 30
Yasaka Fusion
JOOLA Energy Green Power X-Soft
Stiga Innova Ultra Light
Andro Rasant Beat

Or the more affordable ones,
Kokutaku Blutenkirsche 868 Tokyo
Yasaka Zap Spin
Stag Thunder Spin
CTT National Pride
KTL (LKT) Black Power

And agree with Takkyu,

Sriver and Mark V also good for this style [but, I am sure many would disagree when I said both not good enough for imparting spin]

Last edited:
Reactions: gmiller2233
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Donic Coppa x1-x3
Stiga Mantra/Calibra?

Any ideas?
There is no magic answer here. Just play as much as you can and adjust the best you can with practice. You could play the game you want to play with T64fx, you just have to practice until you figure it out.

The more traditional the rubber (Mark V/Sriver), the better it will be at the kind of game you are talking about. The Stiga Rubbers you talked about are good candidates. But your mental approach in general is going to get you into trouble. While I know first hand that equipment can affect the way you win and lose points, I find that the adaptation process is more important than anything else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I used Xiom Vega Pro for a long time and I really liked blocking with it, but I'm in general a good blocker, so I don't know if it was just me. Felt really easy to do with it.