PDA

View Full Version : Mizuno Wave Medal 4 v. Mizuno Wave Drive 7 n

YannouPing37
02-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Which pair of shoes is the best for table tennis, in quality (sole, weight, etc...), of price and style.
If you have other proposals of Mizuno to make, I am intersted.
Thanks

JHB
02-18-2017, 07:00 PM
When I was trying to make the same choice it was said to me that the Wave Drive 7 was best if you always play on good floors (which I do thankfully, although not Gerflor/Taraflex as that poster suggested) whereas the Wave Medal 5 would be better for harder surfaces due to it having more support/cushioning - presumably this would apply to the Wave Medal 4 as well. The two shoes were the same price in the UK. After some debate I bought the Wave Drive 7 and I've been very happy, although I've hung on to my old Hi-Tec Squash shoes in case I ever have to play somewhere really nasty !

shinhyun
02-18-2017, 07:19 PM
I also have a pair of drive 7 since september : still very good, nothing damaged or cut but there is a part which begins to be unglued (at the end of the shoe between the upside and the downside) which is nothing at all.
So good quality, low weight, very comfortable, "Dynamic" style, "thinner end", same price.
I heard that the medal ones are for heavier people (>80kg), don't know if it is right or not.

Garrison
02-18-2017, 07:36 PM
I like the crossmatch plio very much. The sole is very very thin which gives me a direct connection to the floor which helps my feeling a lot. I have tried out the wave drive 7 once in the store and found it too "solid"

P1ngP0ng3r
02-19-2017, 12:26 PM
I use Mizuno shoes for some years and after 2 Medal's I tried the Wave Drive. The Medal gives you way more support and still remain light weight. The Drive is a very light shoe, but doesn't give you a lot of support. Next pair will be Medal again.

parkash.imangry
02-19-2017, 05:12 PM
When I was trying to make the same choice it was said to me that the Wave Drive 7 was best if you always play on good floors (which I do thankfully, although not Gerflor/Taraflex as that poster suggested) whereas the Wave Medal 5 would be better for harder surfaces due to it having more support/cushioning - presumably this would apply to the Wave Medal 4 as well. The two shoes were the same price in the UK. After some debate I bought the Wave Drive 7 and I've been very happy, although I've hung on to my old Hi-Tec Squash shoes in case I ever have to play somewhere really nasty !
For wooden floor?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

parkash.imangry
02-19-2017, 05:13 PM
I like the crossmatch plio very much. The sole is very very thin which gives me a direct connection to the floor which helps my feeling a lot. I have tried out the wave drive 7 once in the store and found it too "solid"
So not good for someone with sole pain issues (plantar fascitis)?

YannouPing37
02-19-2017, 07:00 PM
You think the Medal series are better than the Drive series, and you know about the Drive Ace series. I hear nothing about this shoes, but Ma Long plays with Drive Ace. I want more info about this shoes.

I use Mizuno shoes for some years and after 2 Medal's I tried the Wave Drive. The Medal gives you way more support and still remain light weight. The Drive is a very light shoe, but doesn't give you a lot of support. Next pair will be Medal again.

YannouPing37
02-19-2017, 07:06 PM
I also have a pair of drive 7 since september : still very good, nothing damaged or cut but there is a part which begins to be unglued (at the end of the shoe between the upside and the downside) which is nothing at all.
So good quality, low weight, very comfortable, "Dynamic" style, "thinner end", same price.
I heard that the medal ones are for heavier people (>80kg), don't know if it is right or not.Est-ce que elles durent dans le temps ? Ce que je veux dire c'est que avec beaucoup d’entraînements elles tiennent ?

JHB
02-19-2017, 07:44 PM
For wooden floor?

That's where I'm using them, albeit a proper suspended wood floor in a purpose-built (1990s) table tennis facility.

parkash.imangry
02-20-2017, 03:25 AM
That's where I'm using them, albeit a proper suspended wood floor in a purpose-built (1990s) table tennis facility.
Thanks man.

parkash.imangry
02-20-2017, 08:44 AM
Anyone has the experience of wave drive 6 vs 7 vs 8?

02-20-2017, 09:09 PM
Bought mizuno wave drive 6 last fall, but the inside of the ball of the foot is already worn down and doesn't provide reliabe grip for braking and turning. Am I doing my footwork wrong, or is the wave drive 6's sole not that suitable for table tennis?

Shuki
02-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Wave Lightning z3

K.breng78
02-21-2017, 12:29 AM
what shop online selling Wave medal 4..

parkash.imangry
02-22-2017, 03:17 PM
I ordered a pair of Wave Drive 7 :)