Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Mizuno Wave Medal 4

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Another Mizuno

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
When I was trying to make the same choice it was said to me that the Wave Drive 7 was best if you always play on good floors (which I do thankfully, although not Gerflor/Taraflex as that poster suggested) whereas the Wave Medal 5 would be better for harder surfaces due to it having more support/cushioning - presumably this would apply to the Wave Medal 4 as well. The two shoes were the same price in the UK. After some debate I bought the Wave Drive 7 and I've been very happy, although I've hung on to my old Hi-Tec Squash shoes in case I ever have to play somewhere really nasty !

This user has no status.
I also have a pair of drive 7 since september : still very good, nothing damaged or cut but there is a part which begins to be unglued (at the end of the shoe between the upside and the downside) which is nothing at all.
So good quality, low weight, very comfortable, "Dynamic" style, "thinner end", same price.
I heard that the medal ones are for heavier people (>80kg), don't know if it is right or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: YannouPing37
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
When I was trying to make the same choice it was said to me that the Wave Drive 7 was best if you always play on good floors (which I do thankfully, although not Gerflor/Taraflex as that poster suggested) whereas the Wave Medal 5 would be better for harder surfaces due to it having more support/cushioning - presumably this would apply to the Wave Medal 4 as well. The two shoes were the same price in the UK. After some debate I bought the Wave Drive 7 and I've been very happy, although I've hung on to my old Hi-Tec Squash shoes in case I ever have to play somewhere really nasty !
For wooden floor?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I like the crossmatch plio very much. The sole is very very thin which gives me a direct connection to the floor which helps my feeling a lot. I have tried out the wave drive 7 once in the store and found it too "solid"
So not good for someone with sole pain issues (plantar fascitis)?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
You think the Medal series are better than the Drive series, and you know about the Drive Ace series. I hear nothing about this shoes, but Ma Long plays with Drive Ace. I want more info about this shoes.
I use Mizuno shoes for some years and after 2 Medal's I tried the Wave Drive. The Medal gives you way more support and still remain light weight. The Drive is a very light shoe, but doesn't give you a lot of support. Next pair will be Medal again.

This user has no status.
I also have a pair of drive 7 since september : still very good, nothing damaged or cut but there is a part which begins to be unglued (at the end of the shoe between the upside and the downside) which is nothing at all.
So good quality, low weight, very comfortable, "Dynamic" style, "thinner end", same price.
I heard that the medal ones are for heavier people (>80kg), don't know if it is right or not.
Est-ce que elles durent dans le temps ? Ce que je veux dire c'est que avec beaucoup d’entraînements elles tiennent ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Bought mizuno wave drive 6 last fall, but the inside of the ball of the foot is already worn down and doesn't provide reliabe grip for braking and turning. Am I doing my footwork wrong, or is the wave drive 6's sole not that suitable for table tennis?
IMG_20170220_225904.jpg

Reactions: parkash.imangry