Tbs fh: T05 bh:t05/t64?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Im thinking about buying a new blade, im pretty sure about the TBS and Tenergy 05 on my FH. But Im not sure about what to get for my BH Tenergy 05 or Tenergy 64?
Can someone tell me the differences? I see alot of player like Tenergy 64 as a BH rubber, but I dont know why. I don't see alot of people use Tenergy 05 on the BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
That will be a very top heavy blade if you choose T05 or T64 for both the forehand and the backhand. T64 is faster than T05 and pushes shorter than T05 meaning it is less sensitive to service spin. T05 has more control than T64 and if you like to attack the service then I find it better for the backhand. It all depends on your technique. If you use a European style you probably want T05 on both sides, but if you have a more Asian style T05 FH and T64 BH is a popular choice. If you have a Chinese style I'd recommend a Chinese Rubber on the FH like H3 Neo or Skyline 3 Neo. I also like the 729-5 or 729 SST God Favored (blue sponge) as a FH rubber. Then for the BH you could use T05 or T64 depending on how much you enjoy using your BH. If you prefer to get into BH rallies and have a strong loop T64 is better, but if you enjoy your backhand but do not have a strong loop T05 is better suited.

Pls dont misslead him.

T05 and t64 are both looping rubbers. I used to play tbs and t05 on both sides and now i changed my bh rubber to t64.
For long movements with a fast arm stroke t05 is a bit faster then 64. If u use a short wrist movement and dont use that much of a swing u will get allot more speed out of 64 since its much more springy.
It all depends on your techniqe. I like to play countertopspins not too far from the table with my backhand. So i really could use both rubbers even though 64 is better in mid distance. Since i adjusted my techniqe and i only use short movements and go over the ball i just get allot more out of the ball in a shorter time.
Im trying to play my backhandtopspin like allot of female chinese players do it in there backhand rallies, quick stroke over the ball to play a fast dangerous return that leaves ur opponent less time to react (I think some males play like this aswell; zhang jike oh sang eun and so on).
If u prefere wide backhands with a larger movement ( Ovtcharov, Boll or Mattenet) u will prefer t05 which is more sensitive but more controllable

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That will be a very top heavy blade if you choose T05 or T64 for both the forehand and the backhand. T64 is faster than T05 and pushes shorter than T05 meaning it is less sensitive to service spin. T05 has more control than T64 and if you like to attack the service then I find it better for the backhand. It all depends on your technique. If you use a European style you probably want T05 on both sides, but if you have a more Asian style T05 FH and T64 BH is a popular choice. If you have a Chinese style I'd recommend a Chinese Rubber on the FH like H3 Neo or Skyline 3 Neo. I also like the 729-5 or 729 SST God Favored (blue sponge) as a FH rubber. Then for the BH you could use T05 or T64 depending on how much you enjoy using your BH. If you prefer to get into BH rallies and have a strong loop T64 is better, but if you enjoy your backhand but do not have a strong loop T05 is better suited.

If the setup is head heavy with Tenergy on both sides it will be more top heavy with H3 or Skyline on one side and Tenergy on the other since those Chinese rubbers weigh more than Tenergy. But there is nothing wrong with head heavy and there are a lot of people out there who use Tenergy on both sides with a Timo Boll Spirit or an ALC or any number of other comparable blades. Dan uses TBS with Tenergy on both sides. Everyone I know who uses a combination like that, and I know a few, really likes it. And I think the H3 NEO or Skyline NEO on the forehand with Tenergy 05 or 64 on the backhand would be a great combination as well. You can look at my set up in my signature. :) I am using a blade that weighs the about the same as TBS and I have used Tenergy on both sides (64, 05). I have also used Skyline on my forehand and now am using H3 NEO. All those combinations have been good.

In the end it really comes down to personal preference. When you are a good player you adjust to the equipment you have as long as it is good equipment. And over time you find what will be best for your own game and technique.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
@ Carl - I run the dealership at my club and I've weighed tenergy and my sheets of H3 Neo. I've weighed skyline 2 neo, but have not had a chance to order in some skyline 3 which I really want to now that Ma Long has switched to it not to mention Wang Hao having used it for a lot of his career, but anyways back to topic all of the Neo rubbers have been less than Tenergy by about 15 percent. I don't know about the FX rubbers as I haven't weighed them but to Tenergy 05 I haven't used anything that weighs more than it.