Longest Tournament Rally of all time!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Wow!

Netherland's Li Jie and Japan's Hitomi Sato set a new record in World Tour history with a rally that lasted 10 minutes and 13 seconds at the Qatar Open today!

10 minutes in a tournament setting that's bad enough! Anyone fancy breaking the longest tt rally?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Wow!

Netherland's Li Jie and Japan's Hitomi Sato set a new record in World Tour history with a rally that lasted 10 minutes and 13 seconds at the Qatar Open today!

10 minutes in a tournament setting that's bad enough! Anyone fancy breaking the longest tt rally?

This is incredible! xD what if you had to pee?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This is incredible! xD what if you had to pee?

Haha that was our number 1 concern let alone keep the ball on the dam table! :) We had very little to drink beforehand and luckily we were both fine! So strange I know! I think the intense focus on the ball helped :)

Reactions: Boogar and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Where have you seen in rules etc. that you can request for expedite??

2.15.01 Except as provided in 2.15.2, the expedite system shall come into operation after 10 minutes' play in a game or at any time when requested by both players or pairs.

Reactions: BeGo and Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
2.15.01Except as provided in 2.15.2, the expedite system shall come into operation after 10 minutes' play in a game or at any time when requested by both players or pairs.
Thanks. Really strange then why they not just ask for it. What I can think of is maybe of a language barrier? lol

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Thanks. Really strange then why they not just ask for it. What I can think of is maybe of a language barrier? lol

bECAUSE

It was a tactic from li jie, and they both must agree to go directly to expedite rule. Psychological factors come into play, up to this point li jie was losing 0-2 and satomi's plan was clear, make li jie lose on her own. So li jie forced the expedite rule to put pressure on satomi and eventually won 4-3. Li jie knew she was better on attacking and counter attacking. So after expedite rule, she attacked when needed, and waited for satomi to attack and counterblock or countertopspin to win the point and actually that exact scenario happened

p.s. Bobrow said that the coach threw a ball "accidentally" in order for the game to stop, cause they have past the 10 minute mark by 30 seconds or maybe more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
bECAUSE

It was a tactic from li jie, and they both must agree to go directly to expedite rule. Psychological factors come into play, up to this point li jie was losing 0-2 and satomi's plan was clear, make li jie lose on her own. So li jie forced the expedite rule to put pressure on satomi and eventually won 4-3. Li jie knew she was better on attacking and counter attacking. So after expedite rule, she attacked when needed, and waited for satomi to attack and counterblock or countertopspin to win the point and actually that exact scenario happened

p.s. Bobrow said that the coach threw a ball "accidentally" in order for the game to stop, cause they have past the 10 minute mark by 30 seconds or maybe more

Basicly you wrote everything what I wrote next to that post you citated :D Hmm.. Maybe I should edit posts instead of writing another one..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Basicly you wrote everything what I wrote next to that post you citated :D Hmm.. Maybe I should edit posts instead of writing another one..

then
why do you wonder that they didnt ask for it? SAtomi obviously didnt want no expedite rule, she was winning so far and expedite rule was not in her favor