Nittaku Acoustic speed comparisons

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I'm trying to find out what sort of speed the Nittaku Acoustic blade has. From reading many forum posts and also checking out table tennis db there seems to be mixed views to what sort of speed this blade is. I've come across comments mentioning it's more of an Allround + when others say Offensive. I play with Tenergy 05 on both wings and wondered how how this blade would feel speed and control wise in this setup. Is there any blade out there that plays similar to the Acoustic?

I'm looking for a blade that has great top spin control from off the table but also a nice touch / feedback when close to the table. My game is mainly top spin loop orientated from both wings with my forehand being more dominant. Has anyone got much experience with this blade? Have they tried it with t05? Any input would be helpful :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Probably more of a off- / off blade. The speed is very typical of a 5-ply wood off blade so it's really hard to describe it. The blade plays really nice for looping.

I'd recommend you getting virtuoso+ over acoustic though. They both play really nice and similar to each other, built extremely well but virtuoso+ is just cheaper in the first place.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Thanks for the replies, been very helpful :)

Considering the price (which I hadn't initially noticed how expensive it was) I couldn't justify buying it new to try out

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Things worth trying out if you are looking for all wood blades in that category are:

1) Butterfly Petr Korbel
2) Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
3) Avalox P-700
4) Stiga Clipper
5) OSP Virtuoso Plus
6) Xiom Extreme S
7) Xiom Offensive S

Those are listed in no particular order.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
More info since you are also looking at composite blades and has questions about the speed of the P-700.

If you wanted slightly slower than the P-700 then Korbel, Power Wood and the Offensive S are good options. Virtuoso + is about the speed of the P-700. Clipper and Extreme S should be slightly faster than P-700 if the weight is the same.

This user has no status.
I believe you have found contradictory reviews because the Acoustic has the ability to play different ways. Light touch contact near the net will feel like an ALL- level blade. Step back a couple of feet and you can loop like an OFF- category blade. A cheap blade with similar flex and speed is the Grubba ALL+.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I believe you have found contradictory reviews because the Acoustic has the ability to play different ways. Light touch contact near the net will feel like an ALL- level blade. Step back a couple of feet and you can loop like an OFF- category blade. A cheap blade with similar flex and speed is the Grubba ALL+.

It is true that there are blades with extra gears. However, there are so many more factors to be considered.

The same kind of wood from tree to tree is different. The same cut of Limba, for instance, from two different trees will not be exactly the same. So every Acoustic will play a little differently.

Wood weight varies. Usually when a manufacturer lists the weight of a blade they list +/- 5 grams to indicate a weight range. A real honest listing would be +/- 10 grams. Yes, I have seen a 79 gram Viscaria and a 98 gram Viscaria. Blades that are the same kind that weigh more will feel better and be faster. Blades that weigh less will not feel as good and be slower.

Then there is technique. A player with higher level technique will feel completely different things from a blade than someone with lower level technique. And the people who tend to write reviews on a site like TableTennisDB tend to be of varied level with a lot of reviews made by beginner level players. And a lot of reviews made by people who have only tried 1 or 2 different blades. You have to assess the information.

Then there is perspective: someone who uses a Stiga Allround Classic and tries a TB ZLC will feel the blade is very very fast, the difference in speed of the two blades will cause this player to feel the TB ZLC is even faster than it actually is. And it is definitely pretty fast to begin with. Someone who uses a Primorac Carbon and tries a Stratus Power Wood will feel like it is slow as a turtle even though it is not a slow blade.

So there is a lot going on with those reviews. Guys who have played a lot of different equipment and compared them may be able to give a better review. But there is always the factor that something that one person likes, another will not. Something that is good for one player's game will not be great for another player's game.

This user has no status.
b8875ea499d41f5cf38902ba17c680a2.jpg

The Bad Boy