European Table Tennis Championship Competition

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Vinqui are the official medal suppliers to the upcoming 2011 European Table Tennis Championships in Gdansk-Sopot, Poland (October 8th-16th). To celebrate the championships, Vinqui are once again teaming up with TableTennisDaily and offering its members the chance to win one of two Vinqui Table Tennis Pendants.

Prizes:
Two winners will have the choice of one of the following table tennis pendants:
TTD-Competition.jpg

To Win:

Guess the two players that will be competing in the final of the 2011 European Men’s Singles in Gdansk-Sopot, Poland. As a tie-break, guess the winner and the number of points the losing player will score in the final. Write your answer on this thread.

Example. In 2010 the final was between Timo Boll and Patrick Baum. Timo won 11-9, 11-7, 7-11, 11-7, 11-9. So, the correct answer would be:

Final: Timo Boll vs. Patrick Baum
Winner: Timo Boll
Points scored by loser: 43

Deadline:
  • Deadline for entries is October 13th 2011 13:45:00 GMT
  • Winners will be decided by the Men’s Singles final held October 16th 2011
  • Winners will be announced morning of October 17th 2011 on this thread.
The seedings!

1) Timo Boll
2) Vladimir Samsonov
3) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
4) Bastian Steger
5) Alexey Smirnov
6) Patrick Baum
7) Kalinikos Kreanga
8) Adrien Mattenet
9) Werner Schlager
10) Jorgen Persson

Winner Selection:

First, entries that guess the correct finalists will be shortlisted. Should there be more than two correct guesses, those that guessed the correct winner will be selected. Should there be more than two correct guesses, those that guessed closest to the points scored by the loser will be selected. Should more than two correct guesses still exist, the oldest posts will be selected.

Should no one guess the correct finalists, the entries that guessed the correct winner will be shortlisted. Should there be more than two correct guesses, those that guessed closest to the points scored by the loser will be selected. Should more than two correct guesses still exist, the oldest posts will be selected.

Should no one guess the correct finalists or correct winner, the entries that guessed closest to the points scored by the loser will be selected. Should more than two correct guesses still exist, the oldest posts will be selected.

Note. Entrants can only enter once and where multiple entries are made, only the first will be accepted.

Terms and Conditions:

• This competition is subject to Vinqui Ltd’s website privacy policy and website terms and conditions.
  • By entering the competition, you agree to the competition criteria, deadline and winner selection.
  • Vinqui Ltd and TableTennisDaily reserve the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant.
  • Vinqui Ltd and TableTennisDaily reserve the right to disqualify your entry if it is incomplete or there are reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of the rules.
  • Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
  • Vinqui Ltd will pay for standard delivery of the prize(s) to an address supplied by the winner(s). All other taxes, insurance, transfers and other expenses resulting from the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
  • Prizes will be withdrawn if not claimed within 30 days of announcement.
  • Prizes will take approximately 15 working days to arrive from the time the prize is accepted and delivery address given.
  • Vinqui Ltd and TableTennisDaily reserve the right to alter, amend or close the competition as necessary.
  • In the case of any disputes regarding these rules, the decision of Vinqui Ltd and TableTennisDaily will be final and binding.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Wow, everyone is being very tactical here waiting for the competition to start.

Forgot to mention, but if anyone is going to the European Championships, be sure to pop round our stall and check out our jewelry.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow, everyone is being very tactical here waiting for the competition to start.

Forgot to mention, but if anyone is going to the European Championships, be sure to pop round our stall and check out our jewelry.

Will you be going Euros Trist? Do you know when the official draw is announced for the ETTC ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Will you be going Euros Trist? Do you know when the official draw is announced for the ETTC ?

Hi Dan. No, I'm not going to the Europeans, but there will be a VQ stall at the event. I'm sure it will be amazing, but I've got my commitments at home ;-)

Not sure when the draw is going to be made for the singles event (and can't see any information). The draw for the team event is here and the TV schedule here.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan. No, I'm not going to the Europeans, but there will be a VQ stall at the event. I'm sure it will be amazing, but I've got my commitments at home ;-)

Not sure when the draw is going to be made for the singles event (and can't see any information). The draw for the team event is here and the TV schedule here.

Ah yeah true. I cant wait for it.. Wish i could watch it live. Cool the stand will be good :)

Thanks for the links to the groups.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well I'd like to be first in my guess at who will be in the finals:

No worries about tactics or what not.

I feel a Boll vs Ovtcharov Final with Boll winning in the 5th.

Ovtcharov will win 38 points. My guess would be Boll 11-9, 11-7, 7-11, 11-9, 11-3

Here's to hoping I get it right :D

If you get that prediction exactly right ill give you my table tennis bat hehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well I'd like to be first in my guess at who will be in the finals:

No worries about tactics or what not.

I feel a Boll vs Ovtcharov Final with Boll winning in the 5th.

Ovtcharov will win 38 points. My guess would be Boll 11-9, 11-7, 7-11, 11-9, 11-3

Here's to hoping I get it right :D

I'll follow your example to pick before the draw Mr. Richard ;)

I'm gonna go for suprises and some wishful thinking. :D

That is:

Final: Kalinikos Kreange - Michael Maze
Winner: Michael Maze (of course ;))
7-11 10-12 13-11 11-5 5-11 11-13 (2-4)
Points scored by Kreanga: 57

Good luck to all of you :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Doesn't affect any of the entries so far, but Christian Süß has announced he isn't playing in the European Table Tennis Championships. He will be replaced in the team event by Ruwen Filus.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Oki, so how do I see it:
Quarterfinals:
Maze will lose to Steger
Mattenet will lose to Boll
Samsonov will lose to Kreanga
Baum will lose to Ovtcharov

Semifinals:
Steger will lose with Boll
Ovtcharov will lose with Kreanga..

So the final Boll vs. Kreanga

Boll will win 4:1 with games:
8:11, 11:9, 11:7, 11:8, 11:6
So Kreanga will have 41 points in total.. :)

This is my prediction, but its very hard, because if Kreanga will not defeat Samsonov, then Samsonov will be in final instead of Kreanga :)
I dont think that Boll will enable any surprise from his side, he knows his place is on the top :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I think it will be Boll and Ovtcharov in the finals. With Boll winning 4-1, and Ovtcharov winning 42 points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
OK guys, time is running out!

The ETTU have decided to give those of you waiting a little helping hand and have released the draw. Click here to see it.

Last edited: