Need a Pair of Shoes

This user has no status.
Hey all,

I've realized that after playing for a few hours, my heels and some bone below my Achilles's Tendon starts to hurt when walking, and I'm forced to limp just a little. I recently bought low top basketball shoes from Nike a few months ago, but I'm thinking it might be the shoes (disappointing, I know), so I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for relatively budget-friendly shoes I can purchase ($60-100) that'll help with my dilemma?

Thanks!

Reactions: Player Tim
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you are getting that kind of pain from playing TT you don't want what you are using but you probably don't actually want TT shoes either. You would probably be better off with some indoor Volleyball shoes. They have more cushioning for your heel than TT shoes. What is happening to you is something that, if it progresses, it could become plantar fasciitis. You don't want that. I would also give your heels a week or so of rest before playing again. If it gets worse and becomes plantar fasciitis, that is very hard to get rid of. Can take months or even years.

First rest until your feet feel all better and then play with a shoe that has better cushioning for the heal. I wouldn't go with indoor soccer shoes or indoor badminton shoes either. Indoor Volleyball shoes are the ones with the sole you want as a result of what is happening to your foot.

Reactions: Suga D and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Don't spare a money on good shoes. My self bougth Joola Rally (i think) shoes. They were good but after some time i felt what you experience now. I tried various stuff, from just rest to medcine. Nothing really helped to solve the issue for longer time. Then dicided to buy Butterfly ENERGY FORCE 12. Since then no pain at all.
I am not saying these exact shoes helped me, maybe other shoes can help too. Just sharing my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Do you have Nivia brand in your country? If yes, a cheap but great alternative would be Nivia Hy-court shoes. Although they are listed for badminton, they work well for TT as well. Highly durable, great grip, and light as well. I have plantar fascitis and they suit well for my feet.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi,

I think we should aware of everything about your playing or running shoes, for running it should be an important role in your play. your shoes carry you hundreds of kilometers, I mean if you want a pair of shoes that are sufficiently good for a casual thing. I too use indestructible shoes for playing and running which keeps my foot comfortable. I am really satisfied with these shoes. You should try it.

Thanks.

Hey all,

I've realized that after playing for a few hours, my heels and some bone below my Achilles's Tendon starts to hurt when walking, and I'm forced to limp just a little. I recently bought low top basketball shoes from Nike a few months ago, but I'm thinking it might be the shoes (disappointing, I know), so I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for relatively budget-friendly shoes I can purchase ($60-100) that'll help with my dilemma?

Thanks!

Plantar fasciitis is an inflamation between the heel and the toes. Do you feel pain on the bottom of the heel and the arc of the foot? If so Carl's advise is good. Pay atention how high or how flat is the arc of the foot and choose apropriate insole type.
But if you don't feel pain on the arc or anywhere between the heel and the toes, and instead that you feel pain between the Achilles tendon and the back side of the heel, then its an inflamation of the achilles tendon and usually is caused by overstressing the tendon, shoes are not very guilty for that. In both cases you must rest and the best is to visit a doctor for proper diagnoses, treatment and advices.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Plantar fasciitis is an inflamation between the heel and the toes. Do you feel pain on the bottom of the heel and the arc of the foot? If so Carl's advise is good. Pay atention how high or how flat is the arc of the foot and choose apropriate insole type.
But if you don't feel pain on the arc or anywhere between the heel and the toes, and instead that you feel pain between the Achilles tendon and the back side of the heel, then its an inflamation of the achilles tendon and usually is caused by overstressing the tendon, shoes are not very guilty for that. In both cases you must rest and the best is to visit a doctor for proper diagnoses, treatment and advices.

Langel, I am just making sure you know, this thread was inactive for just over 2 years until cherish712 (I think that is a robot) woke the thread up.

Langel, I am just making sure you know, this thread was inactive for just over 2 years until cherish712 (I think that is a robot) woke the thread up.

Oooooooh, my gooodness, sorry. Hope the OP has been cured, though.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

I think we should aware of everything about your playing or running shoes, for running it should be an important role in your play. your shoes carry you hundreds of kilometers, I mean if you want a pair of shoes that are sufficiently good for a casual thing. I too use indestructible shoes for playing and running which keeps my foot comfortable. I am really satisfied with these shoes. You should try it.

Thanks.

Are you a human or a robot?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
On softer flooring (gerflor) I used mizuno wave drive 8.
For harder floors (e.g. concrete) I can highly recommend mizuno wave bolt 7 (volleyball shoes). I tried a bunch of running shoes before but are not that good for table tennis as there is very little lateral support.

So many good options out there. There are some Donic models for under 50 bucks. I personally own mizuno kaiserberg 5 due to my Widish feet and they were $70 shipped from japan. Butterfly is the most expensive imo. Have a look on tabletennis11 i see some good ones well within your budget. https://tt-japan.net has the best inventory and prices for mizuno shoes. I highly recommend them As well. Hope this helps.