Rare footage of Fan Zhendong at 10 years old!!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Our good friend Thomas Keinath just sent us in this extremely rare footage of Fan Zhendong aged 10! In 2007 Thomas was training in China in a club in Guangzhou when the coaches asked him to take on their upcoming player Fan Zhendong. Thomas kindly accepted and his friends recorded some of the match! At the time Thomas's world ranking was 65, in the peak of his career. The clip is not long however you can see Fan Zhendong's aggressive play and how his style is similar to this day with his insane backhand down the line attempt which you can see in the footage. Fan Zhendong also has similar expressions and strong willingness to win the point that we see of him today.

Thomas thinks Fan Zhendong's world ranking at 10 years of age was around the 500 in the world level! If anyone has any questions for Thomas Keinath re this match submit them below and he will reply shortly.

Thomas Keinath Interview:

What was your world ranking Thomas in 2007 when you played Fan Zhendong? 65
1) How good do you think Fan Zhendong was at this age, 10? I think he was around 500 in the world level.
2) How did this match happen? The China coaches asked me to play him.
3) What was the score? Coming soon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Such a talent! I think he'd probably be USATT rated around 2500 when he was 10! China's system is really unbeatable and will always have the worlds best! Tommy was telling us the story of how he played FZD when he was little but we thought he was kidding because he said he could never find the videos and now he found it! Best backhand in the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D