Any rubber with a similar feel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hello, this is my first post! I was wondering if there are more rubbers that have a similar speed and low angle like the Andro Rasant Powergrip. I borrowed a racket from a fellow player, and I loved how fast and easier my shots were to do. I believe Tenergy 64 has the lowest throw angle of all the tenergy series; but is it as low and fast as the Andro? Any other rubber recommendations are appreciated. Recently, my Tenergy 05 FX rubbers have been lacking grip, so they're pretty much dying. I tried out the Powergrip because I've only used Tenergy 05 fx rubbers, and I loved it. The rubbers I'm considering in buying are:

-Tenergy 64 (or fx)
-Andro Rasant Turbo/Powergrip
-DHS Hurricane Neo 3

I loved the low angle feel and I like playing quick-paced. I'm an offensive attacking player. I hope this information helps and thanks in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
The whole Rasant series will be discontinued so Rasant Turbo is Off. You can wait for the Rasanter series, what should be the more modern line of Rasants. T64 doesn't play like Powergrip. Rasant Powergrip is linear but doesn't play like chinese rubbers either. I've read that Gewo Nanoflex FT45 is similar to Rasant Grip.
Others will write more tips, I am sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Thanks for the advice so far guys. Really appreciate it. As for a setup, I've been reading lots and thinking about using T64 as forehand and Rasant Powergrip for backhand. When I tried out the Rasant, I had a slight preference to the backhand side for Powergrip. Can anyone recommend a great forehand offensive rubber? I haven't tried any tacky rubbers like Neo yet, as I've only used T05 fx, T25, and Rasant in basically my entire lifetime of playing table tennis, so I'm fairly new to how different rubber properties affect your gameplay. Reading about how these properties work do not really help me, which is why I decided to come here. I'm sure you all have much greater experiences with different rubbers, and perhaps someone could give me some recommendations based on the information I provided. I also do not know if waiting for the Rasanter series would be a better option for me, since, again, I'm fairly new to trying out different rubbers. I really do not mind how much the rubbers cost, as long as they provide good results and last a longish time. My tenergy rubbers have lasted for a bit more than a year and a half, considering I clean them every day or so and now is when I really see a dying effect on the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I researched a few more interesting rubbers:
-DHS Hurricane Neo 3
-Tibhar Evolution MX-P/MS-S

The reason I didn't really say much about these were that I've read that they do not have a long-lasting effect. Only for a couple of months. I think Rasant/Rasanter with Neo would be a decent combo, but I don't know what playing strategies would be more advantageous than what I'm using right now, or anything that could worsen as well. All I know is that Neo is "slow" but if you practice enough with it and use it properly, it can be very effective. I'm definitely using Rasant/Rasanter for my backhand, but still unsure about forehand. Any more help is appreciated!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
They are all very hard. MX-P is VERY fast, H3 can be fast, but you need to have good technique, because if you are out of position, it's harder to make a quality shot than with 'euro' type rubbers.
MX-S is between the two. I didn't played with MX-S but you can read basicly everything about it in the review section.
But be aware: these are really hard rubbers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Thank you for your input. I'm kind of looking towards harder rubbers, so I guess these will do me fine. I'm still undecisive between Hurricane Neo 3, Evo MX-P, or tenergy 64. I'm kind of rooting for MX-P as my forehand, but I still don't know whether it would be a good investment in the long run. Is it faster than tenergy? Does its last longer than tenergy? More spin? Control? It won't probably be better in "every single aspect," but I'm looking for alternatives from tenergy, even though I could still buy one, but I want to experiment with other options until I get a really great setup. If I think it is not really worth it, I could just buy Tenergy 64 + Andro Rasant/Rasanter.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
MX-P is faster than Tenergy, around equal spin, lasts the same. Control is subjective. Lower throw than T05. It's definitely a Tenergy substitution, perfect for even high level play. If someone says Tenergy is better it's just because of his personal preference.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What is your level of play? What things do you do well? How long have you been playing?

In simple terms all the rubbers you are looking at are excellent and I am sure you would be fine with any of them as long as you understand that with H3 (whether Neo or not) you need different technique and usually, someone who has not learned that technique from the start will have a decent amount of trouble adjusting to H3. That adjustment could take 2 weeks to 3 months depending on the skill level and adaptability of the player.

But to help you out with what would actually be good for you we would actually need to know things about your play style and skill level. Things like the questions I asked at the top of my post. Truthfully, video would be more helpful but that is not always an option.

The thing you have to understand is that, ideally, equipment is matched to the needs of the player.

And one thing that makes the idea of knowing how you play even more helpful is the fact that you used T05fx for 18 months (1.5 years). An okay player can do that. It is not unheard of. Heck, Der_Echte is known for using rubbers for even longer. But he has secrets that he uses to extend the life of the rubber that the goon squad has tried in vain to capture him for so they can shut him down.

Anyway, the simple answer is that there are lots of rubbers that should be good for you. And if you want to be more specific and really try to match what you get to what you need, we would need to know more about your level and play style.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Thanks for the information on the MX-P. I'm probably going to stick to buying it.

Regarding myself, I've been playing table tennis for almost 5 years, but I've put much more effort into table tennis these last 2 to three years. I haven't been in any tournaments because I really want to be good and prepared for one, though basically everyone at around the 2000+ rating in my club, and I've beaten a couple already, keep advising me to compete in a tournament, so I'm considering in entering a tournament this summer. My playing style is offensive attacker, and my forehand has a very decent technique if I warm up well. I sometimes have a little difficulty with my backhand, but for the past couple of months or so I've been working hard on my backhand side and I've seen great improvements in how fast I can make the ball go as well as how much topspin I can put into it. My coaches say I have a very easy way of learning techniques quickly and making shots effective. If I ever do something wrong, they pretty much only have to correct me once or twice and my shots are stable and effective from there on. Pushes and lobs I can execute well, but my only "problem" is receiving serves. My coaches say the only way to resolve that is to go to tournaments because it depends on the way that that person executes spin on the ball. Spin can sometimes get me anxious, so instead of pushing I tend to do flicks and topspin that, for the most part, fail, but alongside my backhand training I'm also including flicks and topspin practice. I train and play for around three hours every weekday, and in weekends I bike or do other cardiovascular exercises. I guess that's quite enough information, but if you need to know anymore, by any means ask me!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Thanks for everyones input. I'll stick with the MX-P and Rasant, I feel like they'll be a good enough combo for me. Thanks again!