Advice what to get after a break

This user has no status.
Hello all i am new to the forum. I need an advice as many of you i just got back to playing again and not sure what to put on the blade. I have used to play 3-4 times a week on competitive level in the past and played with Butterfly OFF- blade with srivers or bryce on it however that was a good few years ago. I am using Donic Waldner Carbon Senso with Donic Sonex jp Gold on Forehand 2.0 thickness and acuda s2 2.0 om beckhand however....i do not feel comfortable with set up at all, i mean still play decent with it but must try hard. I tend to play mid distance and long distance sometimes and closer to the table when i have to. Need a perfect blocking rubber on beckhand. Love playing spinny top spins both sides however beckhand lacks precision and power sometimes. Sonex seems too hard and acuda a bit too soft but then i have not played for a while so my feelings may not be as accurate...can anyone help please? :)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Your setup sounds fine to me, but I do get the impression you just need to put in more training hours.

When I started playing again, thinner (1.7-1.9mm) rubbers helped me regain consistency and get basic techniques sorted out again. At least a bit of softness in the rubbers seems to help there too. Only once my strokes became comfortably autonomous I started to seek more power. Not quite there yet, and at some point one needs to come to terms with the realities of aging...

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Your setup sounds fine to me, but I do get the impression you just need to put in more training hours.

When I started playing again, thinner (1.7-1.9mm) rubbers helped me regain consistency and get basic techniques sorted out again. At least a bit of softness in the rubbers seems to help there too. Only once my strokes became comfortably autonomous I started to seek more power. Not quite there yet, and at some point one needs to come to terms with the realities of aging...

Oh i wouldnt argue with that :) what i can add to thr above is sonex seems to lack power from distance and ball comes off the rubber at very low angle and acuda is exactly opposite, i like the rubber but when returning fast balls i cannot keep it on the table..

This user has no status.
Mmm, large differences in throw between BH and FH then. At some point I used Tenergy 05 FH (high) and Friendship 729 (low) and that combination never got to feel just right. Though it was fun BH-smashing returns coming up after a FH spin, it was really detrimental when off the table.

I will buy bew rubbers anyway as there is no much life left on these, would that be a chance to have an advice on other rubbers which would suit the bat?