PDA

View Full Version : The Andro Rasanters are available

Zaid323918
03-14-2017, 04:12 PM
On TT11 the Andro Rasanter rubbers are available but out of stock currently. Is anyone going to be testing them out?

AndySmith
03-14-2017, 05:14 PM
I've got some on order, shipping on Wednesday hopefully.

Vrael
03-14-2017, 05:31 PM
I have ordered r42 and v42. Will be shipped on thursday. I am also waiting for drinkhall powerspin carbon, unfortunately if layer zlf didn't cure me from ej :/

t95mwp
03-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Hopefully the new one will be much a better quality, original Rasant rubbers are junk.

Zaid323918
03-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Hopefully the new one will be much a better quality, original Rasant rubbers are junk.

Yh they are really not very durable. My partner has Rasant Grip on both sides and in less than a month (12-14 hrs total use time) the topsheet got cut and dull and it domed a little here and there. The rubber also got dirty and no matter how much he sponges it it won't get clean.

Zaid323918
03-14-2017, 07:12 PM
I have ordered r42 and v42. Will be shipped on thursday. I am also waiting for drinkhall powerspin carbon, unfortunately if layer zlf didn't cure me from ej :/

Doesn't everyone have a little EJ in them?

Vrael
03-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Does trying Mizutani ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, Innerforce ZLF, Innerforce layer ZLF, Liu Shiwen, Timo Boll Spirit (black tag, fish scale), Timo Boll Spark, Joola Rossi Emotion, Carbonado 190, Joola Rossi Emotion, Virtuoso+, Clipper, Petr Korbel (jp), Primorac EX, Hinoblaze, Violin, Kiso Hinoki V, Jonyer Special in 2 years since I came back to the sport count as a little :D ? (I don't even want to start with rubbers...). Good thing is that there are only few blades I want to try left. Viscaria, Acoustic, Acoustic Inner, Avalox P500.

Funny thing is prefer fake korbel made in china to almost all of them. Spirit was great (but had only AN handle), IF ZLF (the old one, but had only ST) and Kiso Hinoki V (best handle I have used and very enjoyable to paly with :/)

Going back to topic, I have high hopes for rasanter, I really liked every rasant rubber I tried on my bh.

Zaid323918
03-14-2017, 08:14 PM
wow you have tried quite a lot. Viscaria is really good. The blades I have tried are Spintech DynaPower, Andro Kinetic Explorer, DHS TG-T7, Joola K5, Nittaku Violencello, Stiga Carbo 7, Gambler Aryalate, Gambler Hinoki, Animus Lupiter, Andro Ligna OFF, Donic World 89 Appelgren, Avalox Ruiba, Butterfly Petr Korbel, Killerspin, Kido 7P, Stiga Allround, Timo Boll Spark, Nittaku Acoustic, and not to mention 2-3 custom blades. All that in 15 months

TTHopeful
03-15-2017, 10:47 AM
I think I will try some. Awaiting reviews...

yogi_bear
03-15-2017, 11:21 AM
To be honest, i like the hexer series better than the rasant series. The hexer and hexer hd seem have better spin than each of the rasant variants.

Clu37
03-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Has anyone purchased the v47? I'm interested in getting one with max thickness for my backhand side.

Giangt
03-18-2017, 06:19 PM
Just tried R42, R47 and R50 on different setup today! I liked R47 the most which can be used if you are an advance player. It can be used for both Fh and Bh. R50 is definitely a FH rubber. The R47 has much dwell and the old click effect sound when you are ripping the ball.

Zaid323918
03-18-2017, 07:17 PM
So would you say the Powergrip=R50, Grip=R47, and Powersponge=R42? How do they compare to other rubbers? Could you also post a review of them?

phillypong
03-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Guys, what will they find next ? Rasanterers ??? Stop buying from bullshit marketing companies !!

Andro just buys rubbers at the german ESN factory and makes some marketing bullshit campaign around them. I mean , do you remember their incredibly infantile Rasant comics video's ?

Just like Adidas , it is just a marketing company, nothing else.

Vrael
03-19-2017, 11:11 AM
They might be from ESN factory, but what makes You think ESN makes no improvement in time ? I belive that they might have done some improvements and that is why we have rasanaters now and new donic rubbers soon

Suga D
03-19-2017, 11:40 AM
Guys, what will they find next ? Rasanterers ??? Stop buying from bullshit marketing companies !!

Andro just buys rubbers at the german ESN factory and makes some marketing bullshit campaign around them. I mean , do you remember their incredibly infantile Rasant comics video's ?

Just like Adidas , it is just a marketing company, nothing else.

Well firstly this is just grammatically a comparative form. Next would be superlative then.

Rasant - rasanter - am rasantesten
Fast - faster - fastest

Another sample:
polite - politer - politest
nice - nicer - nicest

So in a way the name makes sense, since it's not a whole new concept of rubber but rather an enhanced version of the previous.

And your critique about marketing is totally BS as well and reveils little to no knowledge of how the tabletennis industry works!

Because if you see it like this, you were only allowed to buy rubbers from very few companies [most likely BTY], 'cause only very very few run their own factories!

Most companies let their rubbers be produced at either Daiki, Fuso, Sunflex or ESN.

Or do you really think the Nittaku Fastarc series is produced in Japan at Nippon Takkyu factory?

Man, now it's time to wake up and smell the coffee!
The Nittaku Fastarc is produced at ESN!
[Emoji13]
What about Yasaka Mark V? You really think it's produced at Yasaka own factories? Nope. Wrong again. Produced by Fuso.
Same as the legendary Butterfly Sriver = also produced by Fuso

[Emoji23][Emoji23][Emoji23]
Or Tibhar Evolution series? They are not made by Tibhar themselves in Völklingen/Saarland!
Same goes for Tibhar Genius!

BTW: both series' are made by ESN!

Whereas your Donic blade is most likely from Woodhouse AB in Sverige.
[Emoji6]

What about Xiom Vega series? Do you think they're made in Korea?
Sorry to bust your bubble, but the whole Vega series is produced at ESN!!
[Emoji23]

Maybe it would also be helpful for you to know that Andro® is the company by TT-Shop Schöler&Micke, just like Donic is the brand of 'Sport-Schreiner' and GEWO is the brand from TT-Shop Contra.
As i wrote above: only VERY VERY FEW companies have their own factories like Butterfly, DHS, 729 and DHS and 729 also produce rubbers for other Brands too. So Butterfly seem to be one of the very few exclusively producing for themselves.

So maybe before making semi-intelligent accusations rather do a proper research first, lad.

Zaid323918
03-19-2017, 02:05 PM
I have also heard that the Andro Ligna series, the Donic World Champion 89 series, and the Nittaku S-series are all manufactured by Soulspin. Is that true? I have a Ligna OFF as well as the Appelgren 89 and the two play remarkably similar and have the same composition. I am getting the S-series SCZ too so I'll see how that plays compared to the others.

UpSideDownCarl
03-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Great info about the factories that make the rubbers and where companies come from.

To me, Rasnater looks like it might be interesting. But there are guys who are seriously infected by the EJ virus and seem to want to try every product on the market. [emoji2]

Personally, in some way, I think that is fine. As Der_Echte would say, "been there, done that, got the free t-shirt." [emoji2]

But there are also people who seem rabid about equipment as though the right combo will fix their technique. But us old senile guys know that it won't. That is practice, practice, practice that will fix the technique. Something I need to be doing much more of these days. Only thing is, I can't seem to find the time.

Why do I think the Rasanter series will be interesting? Well, clearly Andro thinks it is enough of an improvement on the old series to phase the Rasant series out. And Rasant is quite good. As far as I can tell, the two issues with Rasant series rubbers are how long they last and the weight. If there is no other improvement but the weight is better OR they last longer, it will still be a big advance. If they get both of those and a slightly better performance, the Rasanter series could sidle past Tibhar Evolution as the most well liked and used ESN rubber out there.

Is it that? Will it be that? I don't know. But I doubt it is worse than the old Rasant series. So it has to be pretty good no matter what. [emoji2]

And Giang's post makes it sound like the rubbers are pretty decent.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Vrael
03-19-2017, 02:22 PM
I heard they are lighter, so now we need to wait and check the durability :)

As for ej stuff I agree that changing stuff will not change the skill and practice is irreplaceable, but I noticed that different setup makes me play differently, so ej'ing is the way to find the setup that will make me play the way I want to play :D

baumschule
03-19-2017, 02:46 PM
Regarding the weight this is what someone on the german tt-news forum posted:

Rasant Grip 2.1mm = 44 Gramm
Rasant Grip 1.9mm = 44 Gramm
Rasanter R47 2.0mm = 42 Gramm

Keep in mind that the person could have gotten one that is heavier or lighter than usual.

UpSideDownCarl
03-19-2017, 04:42 PM
I heard they are lighter, so now we need to wait and check the durability :)

As for ej stuff I agree that changing stuff will not change the skill and practice is irreplaceable, but I noticed that different setup makes me play differently, so ej'ing is the way to find the setup that will make me play the way I want to play :D

Valid point. So there is some EJing that can be very useful. And then there are some who sound like they are a little desperate to find out about new things whether they need something new or not.

Need vs want. Desperation and longing vs intelligent research.

I will never question someone like rokphish who has more TT equipment than any store. He buys what he wants and has fun with it. He really has a totally amazing collection.

But then there are others who seem to have a less healthy relationship with the EJ Virus which comes across in the manner in which they ask questions about new product after new product.

The questions are okay too. But don't let the hype make you think you need every new product.

I admire someone like rokphish who loves to collect and can afford to buy everything he wants and simply does.

I admire a guy like NextLevel who knows enough about equipment to experiment with how he plays with slower blades and fast, spinny rubbers and then faster blades with more controlled rubbers, experimenting with how different setups help his play style.

But he also knows he can pick up many different setups and adjust to the things each setup does well and what each setup does not do as well.

An exploration for what will work best for your game is totally fine. But thinking one needs every new product and wanting to know the differences between each new thing can become obsessive.

So experimentation is fine. Collecting is fine. Obsession is a vulnerable mental state that may not be so useful. And, Vrael, I don't get the sense that you are obsessive about equipment in spite of your search for the right equipment for your game.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

phillypong
03-19-2017, 07:42 PM
Well firstly this is just grammatically a comparative form. Next would be superlative then.

Rasant - rasanter - am rasantesten
Fast - faster - fastest

Another sample:
polite - politer - politest
nice - nicer - nicest

So in a way the name makes sense, since it's not a whole new concept of rubber but rather an enhanced version of the previous.

And your critique about marketing is totally BS as well and reveils little to no knowledge of how the tabletennis industry works!

Because if you see it like this, you were only allowed to buy rubbers from very few companies [most likely BTY], 'cause only very very few run their own factories!

Most companies let their rubbers be produced at either Daiki, Fuso, Sunflex or ESN.

Or do you really think the Nittaku Fastarc series is produced in Japan at Nippon Takkyu factory?

Man, now it's time to wake up and smell the coffee!
The Nittaku Fastarc is produced at ESN!
[Emoji13]
What about Yasaka Mark V? You really think it's produced at Yasaka own factories? Nope. Wrong again. Produced by Daiki.
[Emoji23][Emoji23][Emoji23]
Or Tibhar Evolution series? They are not made by Tibhar themselves in Völklingen/Saarland!
Same goes for Tibhar Genius!

BTW: both series' are made by ESN!

Whereas your Donic blade is most likely from Woodhouse AB in Sverige.
[Emoji6]

What about Xiom Vega series? Do you think they're made in Korea?
Sorry to bust your bubble, but the whole Vega series is produced at ESN!!
[Emoji23]

Maybe it would also be helpful for you to know that Andro® is the company by TT-Shop Schöler&Micke, just like Donic is the brand of 'Sport-Schreiner' and GEWO is the brand from TT-Shop Contra.
As i wrote above: only VERY VERY FEW companies have their own factories like Butterfly, DHS, 729 and DHS and 729 also produce rubbers for other Brands too. So Butterfly seem to be one of the very few exclusively producing for themselves.

So maybe before making semi-intelligent accusations rather do a proper research first, lad.

My "rasanterer" was not meant to be a grammatically correct word, haha. But your explanation is indeed correct.

I know very well how the table tennis industry works (without knowing all the details of course), and indeed most products are made by for example ESN (and some other factory companies).
And marketing companies like Andro and Xiom etc... (i knew that Xiom is made by ESN, why did you assume i didn't , i stated this in posts before on this forum) sell and advertise these products.

I used the example of the Andro Rasant comic clips to point at the marketing aspect of the table tennis industry. But in all honesty , wouldn't the consumer be better of with measurable info on new rubbers (measured following a series of standardized methods). Aspects like speed, spin, throw angle , rebound could be measured using these standards (i know it will be difficult to develop such measurements , but surely the manufactures got some testing in house already).

My post only pointed towards Andro, i should probably have listed a few others too (like XIOM, Adidas ...), but i dont know all the details either (your comment on my blade being "probably" made in Sweden shows you have to guess too).

Basically my post just was a warning for guys who maybe waste a lot of money on "new" equipment.

Giangt
03-19-2017, 08:15 PM
So would you say the Powergrip=R50, Grip=R47, and Powersponge=R42? How do they compare to other rubbers? Could you also post a review of them?
I don't really know because I do not know how the pimple structure are in those rubbers. I posted the hardness on the rubbers you mentioned in TTDs review on Rasant Grib.

Here I quote:
Rasant Turbo 47.5deg,Rasant Power Grip 50deg, Rasant 45deg, Rasant Grip 45deg, Rasant Power Sponge 40deg

The difference from the Rasant to the Rasanters I also the thinner top sheet which are allowing Andro you make thicker sponges. Pimple structure on V-series vs. R-series is that the diameter of V-series are smaller than R-series. These are factors that you have to notice when comparing the rubbers. Also I noticed that the new Rasanters have a smell of booster or something similar. I was told that it is some kind of additive they add to the sponge when producing it.

Zaid323918
03-19-2017, 11:05 PM
I don't really know because I do not know how the pimple structure are in those rubbers. I posted the hardness on the rubbers you mentioned in TTDs review on Rasant Grib.

Here I quote:
Rasant Turbo 47.5deg,Rasant Power Grip 50deg, Rasant 45deg, Rasant Grip 45deg, Rasant Power Sponge 40deg

The difference from the Rasant to the Rasanters I also the thinner top sheet which are allowing Andro you make thicker sponges. Pimple structure on V-series vs. R-series is that the diameter of V-series are smaller than R-series. These are factors that you have to notice when comparing the rubbers. Also I noticed that the new Rasanters have a smell of booster or something similar. I was told that it is some kind of additive they add to the sponge when producing it.

Oh I was wondering what was the thickness of the Rasanters that you tried out?

yoass
03-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Tough one. To replace Rasant Grip (45º) the most obvious candidates would be Rasanter R42 (42º) and Rasanter R47 (47º).

What direction would wisdom dictate, harder or softer? My game is actively offensive, based from the 1st position (touch game, looping, active and passive blocks as well as flat hits) but when forced away from the table also as a 2nd position double-winged counterspinner. Consistency is reasonable, footwork sometimes a bit wonky (as aging is wont to cause).

Suga D
03-20-2017, 04:01 PM
My "rasanterer" was not meant to be a grammatically correct word, haha. But your explanation is indeed correct.

I know very well how the table tennis industry works (without knowing all the details of course), and indeed most products are made by for example ESN (and some other factory companies).
And marketing companies like Andro and Xiom etc... (i knew that Xiom is made by ESN, why did you assume i didn't , i stated this in posts before on this forum) sell and advertise these products.

I used the example of the Andro Rasant comic clips to point at the marketing aspect of the table tennis industry. But in all honesty , wouldn't the consumer be better of with measurable info on new rubbers (measured following a series of standardized methods). Aspects like speed, spin, throw angle , rebound could be measured using these standards (i know it will be difficult to develop such measurements , but surely the manufactures got some testing in house already).

My post only pointed towards Andro, i should probably have listed a few others too (like XIOM, Adidas ...), but i dont know all the details either (your comment on my blade being "probably" made in Sweden shows you have to guess too).

Basically my post just was a warning for guys who maybe waste a lot of money on "new" equipment.

Your warning sounds pretty hypocritical, if you say others shouldn't do what you've been doing yourself, don't ya think so?

But I believe my point didn't come across properly. So to make myself clear:

You've been comparing Adidas (which was a licensed production that some guys from Greenmaster Industrial corp. from Taiwan have been doing) with Andro (which is as stated above one of Germany's biggest TT-Shop's own brand)
I could be wrong but there's quite a difference between those two.

And to be more precise: it's not that XIOM or Andro are doing anything else than most if not all tabletennis companies do:
let their equipment be produced at OEM factories.

ALL of them do that!!

Even Butterfly! (Even though they produce most of their rubbers themselves but had bought and sold OEM blades from Double Day from Taiwan and those premade Hobby setups are also not from their own production)

But you're right on one point though: i'm not 100% sure if your Donic blade is really made at woodhouse.
As already mentioned Donic has been working with many different manufacturers and i actually don't care very much for most Donic blades, so yeah, most likely it was made by Woodhouse AB. But Donic also has blades made by Soulspin and also some are made in China like Epoxy series.

Generally i think it's quite hypocritical saying one shouldn't buy from Andro 'cause they let their rubbers be produced at ESN, when you use ESN rubbers yourself just with a different printing on 'em from a different brand.
It's one thing to say their products or their advertisement don't appeal to you and another thing to say they're​ bad, 'cause they don't produce rubbers themselves!
Can you see your mistake?

But i agree, standartized specs would help consumers but many people seem to prefer the used terms like speed and spin instead of scientifical terminology.
But i think it's a good thing some companies now print sponge hardness.
IMHO this should become mandatory and also standartized, 'cause there's still a difference between japanese, german and chinese sponge hardnesses.

Giangt
03-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Well the hardness for the sponges are standardized, but the are given in both Shore A or C. In Europe they often use Shore C where as in Asia they use Shore A.
I have attached a picture showing the scale where Shore C is on the left and the equivalent in Shore A is on the right.

I am wondering why creating one no. For each rubber hardness? Some companies get away just noting the hardness on the packing... maybe that is public service ;)

Suga D
03-20-2017, 10:03 PM
Well the hardness for the sponges are standardized, but the are given in both Shore A or C. In Europe they often use Shore C where as in Asia they use Shore A.
I have attached a picture showing the scale where Shore C is on the left and the equivalent in Shore A is on the right.

I am wondering why creating one no. For each rubber hardness? Some companies get away just noting the hardness on the packing... maybe that is public service ;)

That's a real helpful table there. Thanks mate. Had to save the pic immediately.
[Emoji106]
I knew these numbers translate somehow but never knew how.
Excellent post, Giang.
Thanks a lot for that.

Tuppe
03-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Couldn't resist and ordered two Rasanter R50 because they were already in promo. I should receive them tomorrow or friday.

I think I'm already going to use them on my next league match this friday. The last couple of months I changed equipment so often that it won't really matters in terms of consistency which rubbers I use. Changing equiment has become some kind of addiction. I think I need a therapist.

ajtatosmano2
03-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Someone posted a table with some CNT player's sponge hardness. ZJK used 42 degree. It has to be stone hard.

Tuppe
03-22-2017, 07:43 PM
No reviews found so far. I expected more from all the EJ's on this forum :) I will post my experiences with the rasanter this weekend

yoass
03-22-2017, 09:19 PM
With durability seemingly one of the things in question for the Rasant series, that topic is on the table. This will take a little more patience than just the first weeks of EJ exhilaration.

Giangt
03-22-2017, 09:24 PM
That's a real helpful table there. Thanks mate. Had to save the pic immediately.
[Emoji106]
I knew these numbers translate somehow but never knew how.
Excellent post, Giang.
Thanks a lot for that.NP buddy! Glad that you find it useful :)

Giangt
03-22-2017, 09:27 PM
Oh I was wondering what was the thickness of the Rasanters that you tried out? Tried R50, R47 and R42 in max and R50 in 2.0mm

Zaid323918
03-22-2017, 09:38 PM
Oh so which thickness was better?

Giangt
03-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Oh so which thickness was better?
I think the max was alright on the Ligna blades. They had good balance with out being head heavy. If you have a blade or a setup that have a tendency to be head heavy you can choose to play with a thinner sponge.

Tompa8888
03-23-2017, 01:02 PM
Tried R50, R47 and R42 in max and R50 in 2.0mm

So how was it to play with?? review?

Tuppe
03-25-2017, 12:41 PM
I did a review of the rasanter R50. U can read it here: https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/15137-rasanter-r50

bobpuls
03-25-2017, 10:15 PM
i read review in czech language about rasanter r42 and the guy was really satisfied about control ....the weight for r42 is 64 grams uncut in max , and r47 in max has weight 71 grams ..
in both reviews the guys are talking about absolutely new feeling. for r42 looks like it is ignoring incoming spin and has great control on block ... super spiny on serve but not so spiny on loops....
try to use google translate ... here you go ...
http://www.tt-sport.cz/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=11&id=14708&Itemid=235

btw i`m surprised by the weight ....grip was really heavy rubber ..... so i will test the r42 in max after my trip to africa...

Tuppe
03-26-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm curious about reviews about the R47. If it is easier to generate spin on serves and slow loops, I will be tempted to try it out on my forehand. Because yes, the feeling of the R50 is something I never experienced before.

slevin
03-26-2017, 04:54 PM
I cannot compare R47 with R50 (as I have never tried R50).

However, R47 is softer than MX-P. Easier to generate spin with than MX-P. Powerful.

I prefer MX-P for serves.

bobpuls
03-27-2017, 10:33 AM
i just ordered the r42 2mm sponge

TTHopeful
03-28-2017, 07:07 AM
Whats difference from the R and V versions?

yoass
03-28-2017, 07:34 AM
Rotation vs. Velocity, and the difference is entirely in the pimple structure. Thus is it written.

bobpuls
03-28-2017, 12:23 PM
ok ...i just made first (probably also last ) test of R42 2mm sponge ..... and it is light euro jap bouncy rubber with enough spin but nothing like a spin monster, nothing special (i liked the Grip lot more in spin and feel).... but i`m more on Chinese stile (where this is pure euro jap rubber ) rubbers , so maybe this is more for you ...
It is really remains me on the Rasant Beat .... ..
I will stick with Stiga Genesis where i found more gears, less bounciness ,with better control and more spin ... but what is more important is the feeling of elasticity in this rubber. And the weight is 62 grams uncut for 2mm sponge.

Garrison
03-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Andro released a small ebook on the Rasanter products, I found it in german only though.

http://cdn.andro.de/andro_rasanter_newspaper/

bobpuls
03-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Ok i give it next 30 minutes on bh..... And Here is much better but still it is not so good as tg3-60.
The spin is week compared to tg3-60 but control is there.... I like the higher throw angle for flicks but..... I will give it a little bit more time on bh side.... So tomorow 3 more hours for test.
For now it only shows me how good stiga genesis and dhs tg3-60 are.

TTHopeful
03-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Rotation vs. Velocity, and the difference is entirely in the pimple structure. Thus is it written.

Hopefully someone can review them and compare the two types. I'm not sure what one to go for.

bobpuls
03-30-2017, 06:49 AM
Ok the test is done ......testing the Rasanter R42 2mm sponge in red
As far as i do not like the feeling of the rubber the rubber just plays great ...
i have used it on my Bh side ....
The rubber has lot of control ,i was just surprised how stupid played balls landed on opponent side of the table . The rubber is perfect for flat hitting as for looping .
Spin is average so the v series have to be what then ? if you want to apply spin you have to hit it hard ... this no brush spin rubber it is more drive spin rubber ... however this helps it to be practically not responding to incoming spin rubber ...however still not as good as Tg3-60 ...
Speed is there and it is definitely very fast rubber .... I played it with koto outer ply off+ blade, but i think off- stiff blade will helps to achieve more gears in low velocity balls...
in short game it is still bouncy but has still good control.
For serves .... i have to be apply high toss and punch type of serve to the ball activate the sponge it self ... other ways there is practically no spin on serves ... so it is not suited for short spiny serves.... shame (or maybe some other kind of serve which i`m not aware for now have to be used) ....
I have borrow it to much skilled players for test and all of them like it mostly for FH .... but in combination with my off+ stiff blade it was not suited for chopping. So no review here. but it was safe to loop from mid to far distance with great control and speed.
For now it will stay as my Bh rubber ....not for the rubber it self but i was forced in this test to use my TG3-60 on fh and i found a sleeping beauty on this rubber for short game on fh ...this is just monster and now i`m level above with my FH .......but this is other rubber
i definitely can say yes to R42 2mm rubber. Go for it you will not regret.

gmiller2233
10-13-2017, 08:23 PM

I'm a serious, but still recreational player so take it for what it's worth. Mho 42 is probably considered a bit more dangerous viable replacement for power sponge.

I've playing andro power sponge for over a year on my backhand And I have recently switched to rasanter 42. Just finished my third sessions here are some general observations between the power spong and the r42. 42 is quite a bit faster more lively all around and on low impact shots. it has a higher throw for my stroke anyway and for me this was a adjustment especially in match play for me on the backhand. Both has good touch in the short game with a up upgrade on flips for r42. I actually flipped pretty good with the power sponge but I really needed to make up my mind and commit. Higher throw more slightly more catapult on low speed seemed to help here adds a bit more safety. Both block well with there stable natures higher speed helps here with the 42 to win points. I will not use it there but I Messed around with it on my forehand and it's quite a bit more dangerous there over the power sponge. spin really starts to come out when you engage the sponge. It was pretty fun and easy to play on the forehand not overly powerful but the control was there I felt like I could really place loops to the corners in testing it out in forehand exchanges was also able to mix in spiny (that land pretty short)side spin loops off the table. It's definitely better at high spin loop exchanges than aPS. Looping back spin seemed pretty easy compared to h3 what I normally play on my forehand. APS and R42 Both actually hit pretty good. on the back hand the power sponge hits really good for me probably one of the best things and when fully hit it's not slow. I Had trouble with the 42 on the backhand hits or topspin drives but that just user era and a need to adjust to the throw. When playing it on the fore hand I drove/ hit the ball really great with it, and it seemed pretty good Speed wise with that shot. Of course that compared to mostly Chinese tacky or tacky style rubbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmiller2233
01-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Andro rasanters 42, a quick up date.
it’s been quite a wile since writing the above comments. Put it on a axalox p 500 The blade is A bit more crisp with its koto top And spruce second layer was pretty surprised (especially since p 500 is still considered a classic looping blade with some flex) how the topspin drives, counters instantly felt different more stable, attack friendly for me on these shots while keeping the other positive aspects. When on a limba limba softer blades (what I had been playing) the drives seemed to just take off or up at impact and sail long. An example would be the trick counter hitting of those very slow deep loaded spiny loops, a tricky shot for me at any point but countering with the back hand topspin drive are easier with this rubber + the crisper feeling blade. Good rubber if you like soft rubbers on your back hand. I suspect it will feel pretty good with Carbon blades too. Just speculation on that though.

Actually the andro powersponge despite its being soft it had a lower throw and played these drive shot really well for me anyway, on the limba blades. That rubber reaction was a bit more proportional to your generated swing force than the new rasanter 42 which has the same sponge hardness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk