Timo Boll Spirit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I want to buy the Timo Boll Spirit blade. I like the stats but i'm not sure if it's the best racket to get from Butterfly. it's pretty pricey so i want to make sure it's a good blade. what do you guys think? :D Oh, what kind of rubbers go well with this? :D thanks.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey leon!

Firstly, thanks for joining the forum, i hope you enjoy the content and features I have here :)

I use the Boll spirit and personally think its amazing.... it has good control, with good speed and spin,,, and i dunno but it feels very good i the hand...

I would personally recommend it with Tenergy rubbers, or Joola, in fact lots of rubbers work well on it..

What is your style of play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
well, i'm the aggressive type. i enjoy blocking and top spinning. the racket i'm using now the the joola wing passion fast. it's a good racket, but it's my first racket and i'm trying to experiment and see what kind of rackets suits me more. the timo boll spirit looks awesome and the stats are great. i heard it has great control for blocking and it can produce a lot of top spin. i'm really tempted to buy it. hahaha. what do you suggest? :D i think tenergy would go great with it, but doesn't it get kind of heavy?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ok, yeah the spirit would suit you perfectly. Do you have a friends boll blade you could try first? Yeh Tenergy 05 would be fine, its not to heavy you get use to it after a while :), how long have you been playing for leon?

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
5 wood 2 carbon/arylate goodness costs $120, plus rubberts like t-05, goes another $120, and this is just for A racket and you can't play the sport by yourself, what has this world gone to? like sriver, like bryce, and all that carbon gadget craps, when Brits invented the game way back it was played by hard covered books to whack golf balls for crying out loud, and today everyone is going for latest and greatest nano hyper boosted tuned high tech shit, what happen to the spirit of the sport? at times I am with Reisman because what he believes makes perfect sense

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Butterfly are excellent quality products but they have increased the prices to an almost crazy extent the last couple of years! Very unfair when you compare it to most of the other major TT manufacturers out there (Stiga, Joola, Tibhar to name a few). With the Blade Timo Boll Spirit which retails at around £70-£80 at the moment at least if you look after it it will last for a very long time (maybe for as long as you play the game) but the TT rubbers will probably need replacing at least once or twice a year again if look after properly. So imho still affordable but Butterfly really need to stop increasing there prices so much so quickly, Todays prices should be 2015-2020 lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think after trying the TBS myself that almost any TT rubber would combine well with this blade? The TBS is top quality craftsmanship and has high levels of speed and control the thing is do you want a blade that has little or no vibration on ball rebound due to the Carbon/Arylate layer? Or do you like to feel the ball if you do then an allwood blade would be far more suitable! Also the TBS is definately not a good blade for beginners or even intermediate players (myself being about intermediate by the way) still learning the strokes of Table Tennis its for advanced players who already have all the strokes well and truely mastered imo.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
5 wood 2 carbon/arylate goodness costs $120, plus rubberts like t-05, goes another $120, and this is just for A racket and you can't play the sport by yourself, what has this world gone to? like sriver, like bryce, and all that carbon gadget craps, when Brits invented the game way back it was played by hard covered books to whack golf balls for crying out loud, and today everyone is going for latest and greatest nano hyper boosted tuned high tech shit, what happen to the spirit of the sport? at times I am with Reisman because what he believes makes perfect sense

Nice point Peter.

Just the problem is,, generally the top players will be using these rubbbers and blades.. and tested they perform the best... therefore to keep up with the best you need to use this type of equipment. However your right, Tenergy 05 is not needed, i just recommended because it is amazing. Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps try some Donic rubbers, they have a good range

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
actually, i'm just a intermediate player, if not maybe just a advanced beginner. and i really want to get the feel more than anything. my joola wing passion fast with joola xplode sensitive is a good racket, but i always feel like the ball bounces off to quickly. before i can get the spin i want it to produce. so maybe i should go for a racket that has more feel. any suggestions? i've tried the donic cavman, i think that's what you call it. it feels a lot softer than my racket, but sometimes i think it feels too soft? what's a good blade that has a lot of feel, but the it's not too soft? just a medium feel. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Any 5 ply offensive allwood blade will provide plenty of feeling, with power when needed! I use a Tibhar Smasonov Alpha blade myself which is probably around the offensive off- at its fastest it has more emphasis on control than speed I would personally rate this blade 7/10 for speed and 9/10 for feel and control. I'm not sure if the blade or the rubber is causing the ball too bounce off your racket too quickly to be honest as i haven't tried the joola wing passion, i have tried the joola xplode rubber and its fast so maybe the rubber sponge thickness is a problem? I suspect that the Joola wing Passion is ok? not sure would have to try it out. The blades I would recommend for being good 5 ply offensive blades with plenty of feeling are : Butterfly boll forte, Stiga Optimum Plus and Yasaka Ma Lin Offensive these are all medium fast allwood blades with bags of feeling imo.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
timo spirit is amazing but it is just too fast for me in a year or so i hope to be consistent enough to be able to use it as a main blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Ok, yeah the spirit would suit you perfectly. Do you have a friends boll blade you could try first? Yeh Tenergy 05 would be fine, its not to heavy you get use to it after a while :), how long have you been playing for leon?

i've been playing for 4 years maybe? but i only started hard training and started playing seriously for a year. nah, i don't have any timo boll spirit blade i could try out. can you suggest any blades from joola, stiga, or donic. that has a good fee balanced speed and control, and what rubbers are good other than tenergy 05? i think i should experiment first before buying a really expensive racket. experiment with the feel and speed and control and stuff. :D thanks

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
i've been playing for 4 years maybe? but i only started hard training and started playing seriously for a year. nah, i don't have any timo boll spirit blade i could try out. can you suggest any blades from joola, stiga, or donic. that has a good fee balanced speed and control, and what rubbers are good other than tenergy 05? i think i should experiment first before buying a really expensive racket. experiment with the feel and speed and control and stuff. :D thanks

Ok dude

A good donic blade is the waldner blade... I would actually recommend that.. i had a friend who had it and it had very good control..

Your right,, ok try out some joola rubbers such as Express 1 or express 2.. Express 1 is harder then express 2... I would personally use the express 2...

Good luk!

Let me know what you do and how it goes :)

Dan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Ok dude

A good donic blade is the waldner blade... I would actually recommend that.. i had a friend who had it and it had very good control..

Your right,, ok try out some joola rubbers such as Express 1 or express 2.. Express 1 is harder then express 2... I would personally use the express 2...

Good luk!

Let me know what you do and how it goes :)

Dan

cool! thanks! oh, what kind of waldner blade? there are a lot? hahaha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
thanks man. you helped a lot. great web site by the way. i really appreciate getting all the help from you guys. :D

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
TBS will go down in history as one of the great blades ever made. Great balance, feel, and plenty fast enough with good dwell.

Reactions: Der_Echte