Please give me advice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
Hi i have been playing tabletennis for about 1.5 years and i would say my looping is my strength. However i have been using a hard blade with very little dwell and i often get frustrated when i dont manage to loop i will often blame my blade for this. Now i want to change my blade to a flexier one with more dwell. Btw i am using h3 neo on forehand.

The blade i am currently using is DHS TG7-al

It is an off+ plus blade.

I am looking at yinhe n11, yinhe w6 and DHS PG7 what would u advice me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I would advise that you send us a video of you looping

You mentioned that you are using h3 neo. Your problem probably isn't your blade, but your rubber. Chinese rubbers are much harder than other kinds of rubbers (unless you boost them), which is why you might blame the blade for the little dwell. These rubbers require good technique to be used properly for looping, which is why a video of you playing is necessary for us.

Try a softer rubber.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
h3 is a hard rubber, Chinese rubber usually it is, before to change the blade, try with a softer rubber, if you want cheaper with non tacky and chinese, try yinhe moon / soft, remember always is better the control than the speed, if you like tacky try with LKT rapid speed, but if you want more expensive try with rakza 7 or mxp,

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
Well, i cant afford those euro or jap soft rubbers and i can only afford chinese. Also , my friend has a yasaka ma lin extra special and he also uses h3 neo like me. However when i try his bat, the dwell time is amazing and looping is easier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
I suggest to boost your rubber, although tibhar samsonov alpha is a good choice, you may lack of speed due to chinese rubber and slower blade. It would be cheaper solution by boosting with baby oil, or non national :p boosters.

Wait but the combo of h3neo and samsonov alpha would have dwell time right? Because all i want is dwell to focus on my loops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
As suggested, a video of you looping would be excellent.

I've played with a Samsonov Alpha blade (among a variety of OFF+ to ALL blades) with H3N on FH (no boosting) and I liked it. Didn't get to blame the blade for anything.

It will feel significantly slower than your OFF+ blade. You may feel a lot more comfortable playing, and free to hit hard with less worry of sending the ball flying. Or, it might just be too slow.

Do you tend to lose points because you miss/return poorly, or because your attacks are weak/your game lacks pace?

edit. Nothing out of the ordinary about the dwell time with this blade. Maybe because of the hard rubber? I don't know much about gear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xanderngzien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
As suggested, a video of you looping would be excellent.

I've played with a Samsonov Alpha blade (among a variety of OFF+ to ALL blades) with H3N on FH (no boosting) and I liked it. Didn't get to blame the blade for anything.

It will feel significantly slower than your OFF+ blade. You may feel a lot more comfortable playing, and free to hit hard with less worry of sending the ball flying. Or, it might just be too slow.

Do you tend to lose points because you miss/return poorly, or because your attacks are weak/your game lacks pace?

edit. Nothing out of the ordinary about the dwell time with this blade. Maybe because of the hard rubber? I don't know much about gear.

My style is serving a slow top spin and after that i try to loopkill the ball. My success rate was only 40% and when i usually hit the balls out due to the low arc , i lose confidence and i result in chopping and pushing.

So i want a slower blade with good dwell time and i hope the samsonov
Alpha does it. When i become better at looping i will probably change to a faster blade.

Also, when you said the dwell time was ordinary for the blade, does that mean the dwell was just average for you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
My style is serving a slow top spin and after that i try to loopkill the ball. My success rate was only 40% and when i usually hit the balls out due to the low arc , i lose confidence and i result in chopping and pushing.

So i want a slower blade with good dwell time and i hope the samsonov
Alpha does it. When i become better at looping i will probably change to a faster blade.
I think it is a good idea, from what you're saying.

If you love to play an aggressive third ball and you're not yet Ma Lin/Long, you'll welcome the control from a slightly slower blade. We're really talking OFF-/OFF here, so it is still plenty fast anyway. If your loop uses the full arm motion, body weight and wrist, you probably don't lack power. OFF+ might just be too fast and hamper your game.

The point for me is to understand which shots I can loopkill, which ones are trickier, and the balls that I have yet to practice more. I don't want my blade to be in the way of progress. I want a blade that makes me confident about the shots I can do as I need a good attitude in games, and also during practice.

Also, when you said the dwell time was ordinary for the blade, does that mean the dwell was just average for you?
Yes, it felt average, roughly how I wanted it to be in fact. I don't have a good perception of what people call dwell, maybe because I'm used to hard rubber (I'm fond of H3N). The closest experience I'd describe as "longer dwell time" is when using softer rubber sheets, or springy tensor rubber where you can really feel the ball sink in. I kind of like the feeling, but the heavy nonlinear behaviour of some tensor rubbers negatively affects my game. Among soft rubbers for which I have good feeling, I couldn't get close to H3N in terms of comfort and spin on serves. My loops also seemed to lose a bit of "humpf" (spin/speed/effectiveness).

As for blades when using H3N, my feel for it is that the dwell time is roughly proportional to how slow the blade is.

If by chance you can try out a few blades for free (clubmates?), don't shy away from the occasion. See how comfortable you feel serving, receiving and holding your ground close to the table. We probably all put too much emphasis on blades and rubber, but at the very least a bat shouldn't get in the way of progress by being too unforgiving.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
I think it is a good idea, from what you're saying.

If you love to play an aggressive third ball and you're not yet Ma Lin/Long, you'll welcome the control from a slightly slower blade. We're really talking OFF-/OFF here, so it is still plenty fast anyway. If your loop uses the full arm motion, body weight and wrist, you probably don't lack power. OFF+ might just be too fast and hamper your game.

The point for me is to understand which shots I can loopkill, which ones are trickier, and the balls that I have yet to practice more. I don't want my blade to be in the way of progress. I want a blade that makes me confident about the shots I can do as I need a good attitude in games, and also during practice.

Yes, it felt average, roughly how I wanted it to be in fact. I don't have a good perception of what people call dwell, maybe because I'm used to hard rubber (I'm fond of H3N). The closest experience I'd describe as "longer dwell time" is when using softer rubber sheets, or springy tensor rubber where you can really feel the ball sink in. I kind of like the feeling, but the heavy nonlinear behaviour of some tensor rubbers negatively affects my game. Among soft rubbers for which I have good feeling, I couldn't get close to H3N in terms of comfort and spin on serves. My loops also seemed to lose a bit of "humpf" (spin/speed/effectiveness).

As for blades when using H3N, my feel for it is that the dwell time is roughly proportional to how slow the blade is.

If by chance you can try out a few blades for free (clubmates?), don't shy away from the occasion. See how comfortable you feel serving, receiving and holding your ground close to the table. We probably all put too much emphasis on blades and rubber, but at the very least a bat shouldn't get in the way of progress by being too unforgiving.

Do you feel that the dwell time of the combo of alpha + h3neo is significantly more compared to the dwell time of h3neo + stiffer and harder blades?

This user has no status.
Any Decent Allround(+) blade will do and combine it with some soft rubbers.

Blades that they reccomend for most players in our club:
Stiga Allround NCT/ Evolution
Donic Appelgren Allplay (senso v1/v2)
Andro Super Core Cell All(+)
Butterfly Peter Korbel

If I had to choose one of these for you Id choose the Butterfly Peter Korbel. Why? Because its just a very reliable blade for beginners and advanced players. Also its quite cheap for such a good blade.

But I think almost any Allround(+) blade will do the job.

Okay so now we go for rubbers. My personal favourite rubber for developing players is... Andro Impuls Powersponge. They are so good in my opinion. They are very soft and have a good catapult effect for speed.

Of course you dont have to do it, but this rubber is so good and very underrated in my opinion. And I would definetly get rid of the H3 on your forehand, this rubber really isnt the best, especially not for players that are still developing their technique. In my opinion you have to be Chinese or have a Chinese coach to really get the most out of these rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Do you feel that the dwell time of the combo of alpha + h3neo is significantly more compared to the dwell time of h3neo + stiffer and harder blades?
I'd say it is yes, but when switching between the two my overall feeling is that the OFF- blade (samsonov alpha) is generally slower and more controllable, especially in the short game; as opposed to consciously thinking "oh the dwell time is longer." The dwell time's just increased in line with my expectation for a slower blade.

I don't know if I'm clear, I'm just trying to give you a sense of what to expect.

I have never played either with your friend's blade or yours unfortunately, but going by tabletennisdb it looks like his might be off or off- whereas yours is easily off+. Might be what you actually feel when you are talking about dwell time.

I encourage you to try a blade in the range of at most off-/all+ and see for yourself if you like it. Doesn't matter which one exactly, and there are good suggestions above. The samsonov alpha blade seems to have generally very good ratings and comes at a decent price, so it should be one of many good choices.