Is Donic Vario Cean good glue ??

This user has no status.
I like it decently. It adheres really well. It does dry faster than Butterfly free chak (at least where I live) so keep that in mind. The major downside for me and why I switched away was the difficulty in removing it from rubber's sponges. Even putting two layers on the sponge required (for me) too much work for removal. Really small gripes admittedly, it's a pretty solid choice imo.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That is a good point. Some people remove glue and add new glue to glue their rubbers back on. I usually leave the old glue on and if needed, add new glue over it. But part of what I like about Vario Clean is, sometimes I can press a rubber back on without adding more glue because it stays sticky for a while.

But it is rare that I remove rubbers unless I am changing them these days.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I like it decently. It adheres really well. It does dry faster than Butterfly free chak (at least where I live) so keep that in mind. The major downside for me and why I switched away was the difficulty in removing it from the rubber's sponges. Even putting two layers on the sponge required (for me) too much work for removal. Really small gripes admittedly , it's a pretty solid choice imo.

Yeah. As pointed out it actually depends if you plan to peel off and reglue the rubber a lot or if you just let it stay there until it's 'dead'.

But that being said, i accidentally found a method to remove EVERY glue from the sponge by adding a few drops of babyoil and gently rubbing it off with my thumb! E V E R Y!

Lately i mostly use Finezip too, but also still have a bottle of Revolution 3, which i've been using before.
I found latex based glues better 'cause they add up a little to the sponge thickness and make a rubber a bit thicker and hence more bouncy when used with 2 - 3 layers but that's mainly personal preference.

But as Carl wrote, all of them do their job well, so can't do much wrong if it's used with care.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I did use this glue. One layer on a blade and one on rubber

And had pretty hard time removing glue from my rubber, it was very hard to remove it

No idea why it happened, it ruins sponge a lot . But it has max thickness so not that bad influence on gameplay

Glued this rubber 2-3 times. Always the same result, very hard to remove glue

Attachments

• IMG_7508.jpeg
    IMG_7508.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7507.jpeg
    IMG_7507.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: KM1976
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I did use this glue. One layer on a blade and one on rubber

And had pretty hard time removing glue from my rubber, it was very hard to remove it

No idea why it happened, it ruins sponge a lot . But it has max thickness so not that bad influence on gameplay

Glued this rubber 2-3 times. Always the same result, very hard to remove glue

That glue is not really good, I had it too. I can recommend Revo Nr. 3 with high viscosity (there are 3 levels). Use more layers, say 2 rubber, 2 blade, then sometimes I get it all off in 1 go. Cheers.

This user has no status.
That glue is not really good, I had it too. I can recommend Revo Nr. 3 with high viscosity (there are 3 levels). Use more layers, say 2 rubber, 2 blade, then sometimes I get it all off in 1 go. Cheers.
Thank you for the glue recommendation :)

What about a butterfly free chack glue is it the same quality or worse the REVOLUTION №3 ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

What about a butterfly free chack glue is it the same quality or worse the REVOLUTION №3 ?

Sorry didn't try butterfly free chack. But if I understand @Brs sparse coding correctly, it is good too. ;-) Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Dmytro22
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023

it depends, if it is one shot, until the rubber will be worn off, and change the rubber to new one, that's ok. If you would like to re-glue often to another blades, and in between remove old glue, then it's nightmare... I had the worst experience with this glue in that aspect.
The best for me so far is DHS #15 and Sueke glue, easy to remove from the sponge. From dense Chinese type sponge it takes no more than 1 minute to remove it completely w/o damaging the sponge. From soft most porous sponge like esn/jpn it depends, and sometime it is better to add another layer of glue and then remove it with old layers.
It's doable and you will not damage the sponge. With BTF Free chack it is nightmare!!!

Reactions: Dmytro22
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I used Donic Vario Clean around 10 years ago, if my memory serves me correctly then the bonding between rubber and the blade were good, however, as another post highlights above, it leaves a very sticky residue on the blade and the rubber which is very difficult to get rid off.
I had tried the baby oil tip of removing the glue but it just eases out the pain, doesn't resolves it completely.
Since then, I have moved to Revolution No. 3 (medium viscosity) and it works very well. It creates a good bond between rubber and wood and since it is latex based, it is easy to remove and doesn't leaves a sticky residue on the rubber or the wood.