Looking for a new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hi everybody, I have been playing with the same setup for 3 years now. Stiga Allround Classic Carbon, FH Rakza 7 max, BH Rakza 7 1.8mm. In these 3 years I have gone from a lower league player to the 2nd National Division and my technique has improved thusfar that I feel that I could use something faster. Especially for my frame. I really like the Rakza 7 rubbers, might go to Rakza 9, but firstly I want to replace my frame.

My style is very agressive. Looping on both wings, usually to set up for a 5th ball kill shot. Also, when I don't get the first attack I usually try to counter spin with my forehand or use an active backhand block. People at my club have recommended me blades like Innerforce Layer ZLC/ALC, Viscaria, Timo Boll ZLC. I also did some research and I was very charmed by the Apolonia ZLC (yes I'm a butterfly fanboy :p).

Hope you guys have some other suggestions for me, or could share your experience with the blades I named above!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Do you want a blade that feels stiff, or soft?

If you like something that feels stiff, go with TB ALC/ZLC, innerforce ZLC

If you want soft ones, go with mizutani zlc or freitas alc

They are all superb blades being used by pros, it all depends on what character do you like

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is a big jump in speed to go from a Stiga Allround Classic to a TB ZLC or any of the other blades you listed. But if you end up being comfortable with the change, they are all good blades. Any of the blades you listed should be fine. Put each blade on a cue card and put them on a dart board. Blindfold someone who is bad at darts and have him keep throwing until one of the cue cards is hit. Use that blade. It will be fine.

Last edited:
Try the Red+Black Flow blade . It is faster than the all around classic but almost the same level of control. As for the rakza 7, stay with it. Rakza 9 seems too hard for its feel and sponge but does not feel really that fast instead you need to exert effort on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Try the Red+Black Flow blade . It is faster than the all around classic but almost the same level of control. As for the rakza 7, stay with it. Rakza 9 seems too hard for its feel and sponge but does not feel really that fast instead you need to exert effort on it.

What brand is that blade?

And could someone tell me a little bit about the differences between the Freitas ALC and the Apolonia ZLC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
What brand is that blade?

And could someone tell me a little bit about the differences between the Freitas ALC and the Apolonia ZLC?

Freitas: limba-alc-limba-kiri(or ayous)

IF ZLC: limba-limba-ZLC-ayous

ALC has that numb feel to it but feels alive when you hit the ball hard while ZLC to me probably has more vibration but a tad stiffer. The speed are similar though