First post! Yasaka Mark V vs. Rising Dragon?

This user has no status.
Background: 28 year old male. Played a bit recreationally first couple years in college, where I bought a premade 729 racket with FX FH and Cream BH, on an arylate carbon blade. I haven't played since graduating in 2010, but I'm picking it up a bit again since I have access to a table at work. I play Chinese penhold with a developing RPB that I mainly try to loop with (on BH). Skill wise, I’d say I’m still a beginner, maybe wading into intermediate here and there. I have a good understanding on the strokes, but could probably benefit from further developing them. The styles I’m actively developing into, and find myself comfortable with, are probably all around attacker and eventually two winged looper.

Given the age of the racket, and the fact that I think it's a bit fast for me (my forehand loops and drives often go long), I’m trying to get a new setup. On the blade, based on my research, I’m set on the Yasaka Extra (which is now the Sweden Extra I believe), unless I hear other convincing recommendations. I’m torn on the rubber however. Mark V is the tried and true solution for my skill level it seems, but I’m also very interested in the new Yasaka Rising Dragon, which based on subjective measures, seems to trump the Mark V in all aspects including speed, spin, and control.

So, given a Yasaka Extra blade, which of the 3 setups below do you recommend, hopefully based on your experience with both the Mark V and the Rising Dragon? Or do you recommend a different setup completely?

1. Mark V 1.8 mm on both FH / BH

2. Rising Dragon 2.0 mm (not max, which is the only other choice), on both FH / BH

3. One of each for FH / BH

I can see getting one of each be appealing, but my fear is that I'll find one to be much more suitable than the other. I know that I can just get a new sheet if that's the case, but still.

Thank you!

TBY

This user has no status.

TBY

This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hi
Similar question
I'm playing today with 2mm Mark-V both sides and Yasaka Extra 3D.
I'd like to have better speed and spin (a small step) and not to lose the control.
I see that rising dragon is better than mark-v in all categories – speed, spin and control. Is it true?
If so, should I
Change both sides to rising dragon (max)
One side rising dragon (max) and one (mark-V) max
Change the blade?
Thanks a lot