Confirmed Players for World Championships 2017!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
After China have just confirmed their Line Up and the entry deadline passed (29th march) associations are more and more presenting their players line up for the World Championships in Dusseldorf this year. If you have any ideas of your home country or any other country in which constellation they will play feel free to post it.

Team Germany is safe with (As Jörg Rosskopf already mentioned that the Rio16 players are safe):

Dimitrij Ovtcharov
Timo Boll
Bastian Steger
Patrick Franziska

The other 2 places (Germany got 6 as it is host nation) are played out by a ranking system made out by Jörg Rosskopf the national coach from germany. Ruwen Filus was leading in this ranking system after the german national championchips a few weeks ago so i feel pretty safe for im too. The final place is a little bit unclear but i think it will be Benedikt Duda (Deserved as well looking on his improvements over the last 12 months).

What are your opinions on the final line up?

Post below other country line ups.

Greets TTFPGER

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Confirmed Nation/Players for World Championships 2017!

I've heard that team goon squad is sending Der_Echte, NextLevel, ttmonster, Suga D and SongDavid as a strong man frontline. 42andbackpains and OldSchoolPenHold are on injured reserve. On the coaching staff are Archosaurus and Delusion to Divination. With this guy named UpSideDownCarl as the Sports Psychiatrist to make sure they are medicated properly.

Also, team goon squad is using National issue socks and underwear and it is confirmed that they have an extra large jug of Bear Sweat National Booster cold pressed from Der_Echte's Nexy Jersey.

I personally believe that team goon squad is the the odds on favorite to take on Captain Ma Long and the CNT Marvelous 12.

I believe the line in Vegas is 2/1 for team goon squad. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I've heard that team goon squad is sending Der_Echte, NextLevel, ttmonster, Suga D and SongDavid as a strong man frontline. 42andbackpains and OldSchoolPenHold are on injured reserve. On the coaching staff are Archosaurus and Delusion to Divination. With this guy named UpSideDownCarl as the Sports Psychiatrist to make sure they are medicated properly.

Also, team goon squad is using National issue socks and underwear and it is confirmed that they have an extra large jug of Bear Sweat National Booster cold pressed from Der_Echte's Nexy Jersey.

I personally believe that team goon squad is the the odds on favorite to take on Captain Ma Long and the CNT Marvelous 12.

Carl, you conveniently forgot to disclose that Loretta Bobbit and Tanya Harding are on the athlete/fan control staff. The noise about national underwear is a smokescreen. The team secrets lie in the addition of those two to the team staff. Anyone who doubts can be real sorry later. Anyone who doesn't know what these two bring to the fight should do a little google research, then run to the hills for your lives.

Team Goon Squad Nation is likely to benefit from a higher proportion of forfeited matches for some unknown inexplicable reasons.

OH, and Carl also forgot to tell everyone about the underhanded deal he cut with John McEnroe to be the team's Umpire Relations Liaison...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Then we mustn't under-estimate the fighting force known as Ping Pong Holic, the international Goon Squad gets a heap of a boost from PPH and hiz cut-off CONTRAST jersey that show his disproportionately large "Guns" en-route to "Outgunnung" the competition.

Anyone can TRY to jam PPH middle with a fast shot at their own fool risk, PPH will RPB slap that puppy so hard back at 'ya the ball barks. Be grateful the sport is played with very light, relatively harmless pieces of plastic... If the sport was played using golf balls, even body armor would fail you vs Ping Pong Holic.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
As long as there is a Korean BBQ perk for winning , waiting for Der at the end of the match, anything can happen !

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
As long as there is a Korean BBQ perk for winning , waiting for Der at the end of the match, anything can happen !

You didn't hear? This year Goon Squad Nation got the combo of Bobbit and Harding to coerce the ITTF to shift the whole format of the WTTC to a Korean BBQ Chicken and Beer Bet: winner take all.

Der_, explain how that chicken and beer hustle is going to work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The whole point is they should not completely understand how its going to work ;) , so I would say @Der_Echte ............... go ahead and explain :p
You didn't hear? This year Goon Squad Nation got the combo of Bobbit and Harding to coerce the ITTF to shift the whole format of the WTTC to a Korean BBQ Chicken and Beer Bet: winner take all.

Der_, explain how that chicken and beer hustle is going to work.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There are two standard ways the betting for chicken and beer known as Chick-Maek in Korean.

One way is to directly challenge another player, loser buys it all for both. You see that not so often.

What you see is a GROUP of players play a Round Robin to decide which percentage of the food and beer tab they pay. A typical breakdown is winner eats for free, position two in the group pays 10 percent, 3rd pay 20 percent, 4th pay 30 percent, and last place is stuck with 40 percent of the mission expenses, which can quickly escalate to a hefty price in a New York minute.

Sometimes the group arranges the chicken and beer to be consumed at a chicken and beer joint sit down together tell war stories... this gets expensive for the last two finishers of the group as players tend to drink 4 to 14 500cc beers each.

The other way is to have the chicken and beer delivered to the club. Chicken and beer places are making so much hot chicken and cold beer that they somehow knew the order 20 minutes before you placed it. Don't ask me how they know, it might be a don't ask don't tell top secret smart phone listening technology. Anyways, the chicken and beer is dispatched to a teenager or college student daredevils on a motor scooter driving more dangerous than any ten of Evil Knievles stuff to.

Dominoes guarantees 30 minute delivery... well in Korea waiting 30 minutes for delivery is excessive cruel and unusual Capitol crime punishment. 15 to 20 minutes is the national standard.

When food arrives, coach eats for free, and one chicken must be left open on waiting area small table free to club members. EVERYONE has an incentive to love chicken and beer bets.

The HUSTLE of e,echoing the Chicken and Beer Hustle is to get the other players convinced they will win. When they see my horrible warm up strokes close to table they think it is too easy. I got them right where I want them.

Problem is, Koreans have a TT forum larger than ttd and the word gets out in a hurry.

Ultimately, it isn't a hustle as everyone is highly aware of Der_Echte's whereabouts and intent. Only the generous ones in the mood to fund the chicken and beer do it... I think it is only to see Der_Echte drink beerz and one shot the other players into submission to cry uncle. When someone loudly declares one shot, the challenged party must drink the remainder of their beer in one shot.

The only explanation why anyone would go through the huge expense of funding such a large financial outlay is for the LULZ of watching it all u fold and the ones not named Der_Echte to stumble and pass out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The whole point is they should not completely understand how its going to work ;) , so I would say @Der_Echte ............... go ahead and explain :p

Oooooohhhhhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It sure looks like thread hijack is in progress, just not sure why...

Neither are we. I guess we are just having fun. Hopefully the serious WTTC fans will be entertained by our silliness. And hopefully it won't be too hard to get the thread back on track.

Reactions: ttmonster
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The spanish national team is:

Alvaro Robles, Carlos Machado, Jesus Cantero
Galia Dvorak, Maria Xiao, Sara Ramirez, Sofia Xuan-Zang

What happened to Shen Yanfei? She was cracking it not so long ago... she even won Korea open, I saw that one live at the venue. Is she washed up, or did the Spanish Goon Squad do her in?