PDA

View Full Version : STIGA Mantra Soft, Medium & Hard Rubber Review

Dan
03-31-2017, 02:12 PM
Hey all,

We have just released our latest TableTennisDaily review on the new STIGA Mantra S, M and H rubbers. The success of the popular Genesis has led these new rubbers to be highly anticipated in the latter stages of 2016. The new Mantra rubber series comes in 3 versions, soft, medium and hard. The Mantra rubbers are made in Japan, watch our full video review below.

For a more detailed review on the rubbers visit the TTD review Center below:

STIGA Mantra S (https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/12453-mantra-s)
STIGA Mantra M (https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/12454-mantra-m)
STIGA Mantra H (https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/12455-mantra-h)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_y_mRVPz20

Have you, or do you use these rubbers? What do you think of them?

EmRatThich
03-31-2017, 03:07 PM
I hope that Stiga make the Mantra H version a little harder, 47 degree is not hard enough for me. It will be better at 50-51 degree.

Zaid323918
03-31-2017, 03:32 PM
So what's the next equipment you are going to review?

yuri.saldon
03-31-2017, 04:24 PM
I hope that Stiga make the Mantra H version a little harder, 47 degree is not hard enough for me. It will be better at 50-51 degree.
Did you test it?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

TTHopeful
03-31-2017, 11:06 PM
New camera ttd? Quality looks different to other reviews.

Does Tom use Genesis still or he will change to Mantra?

bobpuls
04-01-2017, 11:39 AM
This review looks like one of the hardest you have made... No joy on this one.... And i do not like the sound of the rubber... I stay with genesis.

Saitama
04-01-2017, 11:08 PM
I've used both genesis and mantra and have the same thoughts with the rubber.. Coming from Genesis M it took me a while adjusting to Mantra H. But all went well i love Mantra H In my Fh even it has less spin than genesi M, it gives me a lot of power with decent spin. If you find genesis lacking power mantra h is a good compromise

bobpuls
04-02-2017, 05:33 AM
i have genesis on of++ blade and there is enough speed for all situations... maybe too much

Kelpo
04-02-2017, 01:32 PM
What is the spin like compared to, say, the vega pro or tenergy 05?

yogi_bear
04-03-2017, 05:38 AM
Mantra's spin is spinnier than vega pro but lower than t05

TTHopeful
04-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Mantra's spin is spinnier than vega pro but lower than t05

will you try the rasanter yogibear?

Zaid323918
04-03-2017, 03:31 PM
will you try the rasanter yogibear?
Yh everyone waiting for you or Dan to review it. Whose gonna be first?

VicVoc32
04-04-2017, 06:25 AM
I've used both genesis and mantra and have the same thoughts with the rubber.. Coming from Genesis M it took me a while adjusting to Mantra H. But all went well i love Mantra H In my Fh even it has less spin than genesi M, it gives me a lot of power with decent spin. If you find genesis lacking power mantra h is a good compromise

Great review as always Dan, good quality. Which blade are you using Saitama?

Saitama
04-04-2017, 06:55 AM
great review as always dan, good quality. Which blade are you using saitama?

vega pro

yogi_bear
04-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Ill try to ask andro. I have not reviewed their products for a ear now or so. Te last i have tested was the ligna and andro rasant powergeip and beat.

TTFrenzy
04-04-2017, 04:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZXb9adVxcs

Scene 1 Fan Zhengdong said he tried this rubber before and this one is the newest.He felt some differences between the former one he played and this one.He felt more comfortable when he is doing attack.However,he also pointed out that this rubber needed to make a little adjustment on defense.He also mentioned that this rubber had a very good thickness degree and that made Mantra was good at making spin.Finally,He thought one should choose the rubber that are most suitable for themselves and Mantra is a good choice.

Scene 2 Qi yibiao He tried the rubber with sponge.When doing the stalemate, the rubber's speed is quite fast.When he used the rubber for attack,the rubber is good at controlling the balls.He felt that the backhand loop drive in this rubber is quite good and the rubber's defense are ok.Spin is very strong in this rubber.Also,the arc made by rubber is a little short but easy to control.The rubber did well on loop both from back court and front court.

Scene 3 Zhu yulingShe commented that the Mantra in bounce and stickness as well as the feeling of touching the balls were similar to the rubber she used in the national team in china.It (http://china.it/) needs time to get used to this sponge.Also,she commented that you need to try it in confractional training and get familiar with the court,space as well as the size,then you will get the best use of the rubber.She didn't know how many degrees Mantra have but the rubber she tried is good.

Scene 4 Xu yingshanHe thought Mantra's sponge performs much better than the one he tried last time in friction and Mantra's spin was improved compared to the rubber he tried last time.

Dan
04-19-2017, 09:20 PM
So what's the next equipment you are going to review?

Hi Zaid our next reviews will be the Rasanter Series and the new Carbonado's. We have some other reviews lined up to over the next month will keep you posted :)

New camera ttd? Quality looks different to other reviews.

Does Tom use Genesis still or he will change to Mantra?

It is a new camera yes. This camera shoots at a higher frame rate which is better for table tennis as the ball travels so fast you need atleast 50 FPS I think.

This review looks like one of the hardest you have made... No joy on this one.... And i do not like the sound of the rubber... I stay with genesis.

Tom is still sticking to Genesis. I am using Genesis on the Forehand and Mantra M on the backhand. I like this combination.

What is the spin like compared to, say, the vega pro or tenergy 05?

I think the spin is similar to the Vega Pro and a touch less then T05. I think the speeds are similar.

Baal
04-19-2017, 11:37 PM
FWIW, I saw no real redeeming features of Mantra M, certainly for my FH, and I like to use the same rubber on both sides. Too soft, bottoms out, top end not better than Karis, moderately spinny, and yet still somewhat non-linear. I haven't tried Mantra H, but I would bet a great deal that I would like it better.

yogi_bear
04-20-2017, 01:35 AM
mantra H and karis have some similarities except that I find the mantra H has more spin

spinsmashrepeat
04-20-2017, 06:04 AM
I love this rubber, been using the S for quite some times now.

MikeWarrior
04-20-2017, 06:06 AM
Great review guys, I will be getting Mantra Medium when the time comes to replace my rubber! :)

James Livesey
04-20-2017, 05:20 PM
I mean mantra is definitely less interesting than genesis, which i think sounds like a very unique, exciting rubber. Still, mantra looks legit for the price. I'm sure it stands up to bluefire and Vega.

ttcollector
05-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Mantra is an amazing rubber! Mine is M (Medium) version.

yogi_bear
05-05-2017, 02:05 AM
IMHO, it is way above the bluefire series especially the H and M versions

Flash Gordon
05-05-2017, 06:16 AM
i tried mantra h in the club by a friend. liked it very much even it was a little hard for my opinion. want to try m version since i'm a player with not so good technique :cool:. anyone who can recommend the best place to buy rubbers on the web?

Zaid323918
05-05-2017, 04:02 PM
i tried mantra m in the club by a friend. liked it very much even it was a little hard for my opinion. want to try s version since i'm a player with not so good technique :cool:. anyone who can recommend the best place to buy rubbers on the web?
Tabletennis11.com

Flash Gordon
05-08-2017, 10:03 AM
thanks for your advice. ordered 2 pcs yesterday of mantra m 2.1 mm. anxious to get them to try

Flash Gordon
05-10-2017, 09:38 AM
just got my two mantras i ordered from tabletennis11. anxious to test them tomorrow at the training. hope it can be good for my spin game

Suga D
05-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Tom is still sticking to Genesis. I am using Genesis on the Forehand and Mantra M on the backhand. I like this combination.

That sounds as if it could be a good (and cheaper) replacement for the CNT standard setup H3NEO/T05.
Smart move by STIGA!
[Emoji106]
I think STIGA rubbers would get a big image boost if the STIGA sponsored players like FZD and XX would use that setup too, especially at official events.