Dhs Tinarc 5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Has anyone used the tinarc 5? It's got good reviews on shopping site's, but wanted to know from someone who plays tabletennisdaily(no pun intended)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
edit - you asked about Tinarc 5, but I'm going to tell you about Goldarc 5 because I'm a plank.

It's made in germany by ESN, but not labelled as a tensor. I've had a sheet for a few weeks and it's an allround, high-control kind of rubber. Slower than the big ESN names like Bluefire, Evolution. More along the lines of Xiom Musa. Spin is good (not excellent), quite slow and lacking in catapult, amazingly solid short game. Needs a fast blade if you're an aggressive looper.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Gold Arc 5 is the new made in Germany non tacky rubber but Tin Arc 5 is made in China and a semi tacky hybrid that is meant to bridge the East and West. TA5 is my favorite DHS for some time. Great power especially in punch shots making a lovely and loud hitting sound. I like it better than H3 Neo for FH without boosting. May not suit BH for most if you are used to tensor type of rubbers, especially due to its heavier than normal weight.

This user has no status.
I've recently started using Tinarc 5 on my Viscaria. It played outstanding BUT as stated earlier it doesn't have the catapult affect as the spring sponge type rubbers. I like the feel better than tenergy 05 for now. I was looking for a rubber that didn't cave in on my harder than average loop drives. So I tried this rubber thinking that the slightly harder sponge would make the difference. I've come to realize that the sponge really wasn't the issue at all as both tenergy and tinarc both are around the same degree of hardness. I've even had the same trouble with 40 degree hurricane 3 blue sponge rubber. So I'm really thinking it's the slightly thicker pimple structure that's allowing the rubber to stand up to the awesome power I'm putting on my forehand shots.

Anyway, it's a great rubber if you don't mind leaving the safety of the spring sponge type rubbers. Better control than tenergy, better spin than tenergy, better touch than tenergy. Not as fast or bouncy as tenergy. BUT with the help of my trusty Falco long booster (1 layer). This rubber has exploded!!!! Just as fast as tenergy 05 but with better touch, control, and spin. Plus it flat hits much better than 05. Great rubber!!!! Might not be changing for a little while.

Reactions: Astorix
This user has no status.
I love the rubber. It has a low arc and perhaps lacks a bit of spin but for looping and driving I found it to be perfect on a fast and slightly harder blade. The thing is I've come to dislike these factory tuned rubbers for their lack of durability. Then again if ordered on Aliexpress they're cheap enough to be able to replace them more often.