SUNNYSIX rubbers / GEWO Hype KR Pro(Yoo Nam Kyu) / ITC with Ryu Seung Min

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hello, I got some news in Korea for you all.

1. SUNNYSIX rubbers

A new manufacturer 'SUNNYSIX' and its rubber 'Sunny3' and 'Sunny7' have appeared on ITTF LARC 2017A.

I found that SUNNYSIX is a Korean manufacturer, so I asked one of its staffs about these rubbers.

According to him, both rubbers are tacky, and tested with junior players for more than one year.

s2.jpg

Sunny7 is designed to show similar performance to Chinese national team's rubbers. Tacky top sheet+hard blue sponge.

s1.jpg

Sunny3 is for backhand. Good for short to mid distance plays.

2. GEWO Hype KR Pro(Yoo Nam Kyu)

1988 Olympics TT Men's single gold medal winner 'Yoo Nam Kyu' actively participated in the development of this rubber.

47.5 degree sponge, ESN made.

y1.jpg
y3.jpg

3. ITC with the consultancy of Ryu Seung Min, 2004 Olympics winner

ITC appointed Ryu Seung Min as a technical adviser. He will help ITC develop new products.

r1.jpg
r2.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
GEWO Rubber Hype KR Pro is now for sale at contra.de:

https://www.contra.de/en/new-at-contra/new-rubbers/gewo-belag-hype-kr-pro-47-5.html

Product description:
No compromise: Make the difference in your play.

Hype KR Pro 47.5 is the next-stage rubber of the GEWO Hype series. In this rubber, the performance and playing characteristics of the Hype XT series were developed to the next level in cooperation with Korean table tennis legend Yoo Nam Kyu. In 1988, Yoo Nam Kyu became the first Olympic gold medalist in table tennis in his home capital of Seoul - In 1989, he became world champion. He was the national coach of South Korea, one of the major table tennis nations in the world, for 10 years, and continues to be a national hero in his home country.

30 years of experience in top-class sport have sharpened Yoo Nam Kyu senses for top products, which has been a great challenge to the GEWO development team. Thanks to YOO-POWER and the proven DGC40+ technology, the open-pore, new pink sponge provides for ultimate attacking power. Compared to GEWO Hype EL Pro 47.5, the sponge design featuring YOO POWER is made for even more attacking performance. The proven DGC40+ "Dynamic Grip Concept" guarantees uniform, reliable coupling of the ball when it hits the bat, its new surface texture prevents the ball from "slipping". This provides for more precision of all strokes. Yoo Nam Kyo demanded nothing less than convincing catapult effect, great spin and high forgivingness without negative effects on speed or control. GEWO came up to his expectations, and we are proud of the result: Compared to GEWO Hype XT Pro 50.0, this Korea version of the Hype series produces more spin, with negligible loss of speed. This rubber is performance at its best.

Player type / features:
- For spin-relying attackers looking for maximum power and spin. For players who are willing to do the training work required.
- Super-dynamic, new pink GEWO sponge with spinny top rubber sheet.
- Most dynamic Hype Series rubber besides GEWO Hype XT Pro 50.0.

8174_0.jpg

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
I tried them out myself the other day(a mutual friend happens to be have connections with the company) and it was just superb. Loved it.

I tried it on my DHS MaLong5 blade and it did wonders. Prior to the two(both Sunnysix7 & Sunnysix3), I used DHS Hurricane3(Provincial=ShengGuang) for my forehands and Tenergy64 on the back.

I would say the Sunnysix7 is a great substitute for Chinese rubber fanatics. Fantastic spin and marvelous counter-attack.
It gave my club opponents a super hard time ;)

What really surprised me was the Sunnysix3. I'm generally really agressive on both sides but I always wished that I
had more stability on my blocks and counter-attacks(like FZD). The Sunnysix3 is just that. Super secure.
It gives you that great balance between Boll's machine-like stability. I've always thought Tenergy64 was the real deal
but I kinda missed the depth and spin. Tenergy always had great speed but it never really feels 'powerful' with the block.
The Sunnysix3 did just that.

With the right channel expansion and marketing, I believe this company will do wonders. As for pricing
and retail I have no idea which is why I'll go back to my buddy and ask him for a box before I return home.
Hopefully I'd be able to share some snaps and actually weight the rubber as well.
(So there, that was my first post ever. Glad that I could give back in some way.
FYI I'm super picky when it comes to products. Feel free to comment and ask more about any other stuff.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I tried them out myself the other day(a mutual friend happens to be have connections with the company) and it was just superb. Loved it.

Really interesting to see a review from abroad. Sounds like what the company claimed is true!

Both sunny 7 and 3 are released yesterday in Korea and I hope they would be great alternatives to DHS Hurricane rubbers.

Would you share some snaps and weights of the rubbers? Because only the covers are available so far.

sunny7.jpg
sunny3.jpg

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
I tried them out myself the other day(a mutual friend happens to be have connections with the company)

Excellent! Sunsix7 sounds like a great alternative but I'm already very very interested in the Sunsix3 for my backhand.

If you could share more details on the specs and pricing it would be awesome as well. We'd really appreciate it!

Provided that it also works for my game, I'd be really happy see a pricepoint somewhere around TibMXP or at least still much under the obnoxiously pricyTenergy.

BTW a well known coach in my club once told me that his experience with the players using Chi-rubbers well was this:

"Chi-rubber players definitely have nasty spin. The speed is definitely much stronger than that of Tenergy other mainstream German rubbers but it feels like you are hitting a gold ball on a heavy spin. You can block fast/light shots but its harder when you defense or counterattack a so-called 'heavy' ball."

Merci. A+!

This user has no status.
one thing I have learnt is to always go with a rubber that is accepted widely.
even the ITC rubbers that came out last years were poorly made. Far inferior from the same price Donic/Stiga rubbers.
This SunnySix rubber sounds appealing but I doubt it will be as good as what they say it to be.
(The terrible package make it more doubtful)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Hey, mon ami, whatever rocks your boat....right? Some people aren't necessarily 'label conscious' as Koreans ;) for me, I am personally excited to see another 'Chinese style' rubber thats not a Chinese brand. Only one way to check!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
GEWO Hype KR Pro(Yoo Nam Kyu)

1988 Olympics TT Men's single gold medal winner 'Yoo Nam Kyu' actively participated in the development of this rubber.

47.5 degree sponge, ESN made.

View attachment 12676
View attachment 12677

I have had the opportunity to test sample sheets of this new rubber which is already out in Germany, but currently 1.9 mm only, 2.1 expected for August.

The performance excels many other 47.5 degree rubbers in terms of spin creation, largely due to a relatively soft top sheet on the explosive new (pink) sponge. In direct comparison, this new rubber generates more spin than the HYPE XT 50 pro and is only marginally slower, and it is faster and spinnier than the HYPE EL 47.5, but less bouncy and more linear.

I would prefer this rubber to Evolution MX-P and EL-S alike, since it sits somewhere in the middle - the sponge hardness of MX-P, the elastic top sheet of the EL-S - and thus gives me the best of both worlds: Easy opening on underspin and maximum power on winning shots.

With GEWO´s well established quality control, I am pretty confident that the finished rubber will perform as good as the factory sample, and that makes the HYPE KR a very attractive recommendation for offensive players looking for maximum spin and speed, yet need control on passive shots and in the short game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
The performance excels many other 47.5 degree rubbers in terms of spin creation, largely due to a relatively soft top sheet on the explosive new (pink) sponge. In direct comparison, this new rubber generates more spin than the HYPE XT 50 pro and is only marginally slower, and it is faster and spinnier than the HYPE EL 47.5, but less bouncy and more linear.
comp.jpg
GEWO is showing what you just said:)

This user has no status.

I tried it on my DHS MaLong5 blade and it did wonders. Prior to the two(both Sunnysix7 & Sunnysix3), I used DHS Hurricane3(Provincial=ShengGuang) for my forehands and Tenergy64 on the back.

I would say the Sunnysix7 is a great substitute for Chinese rubber fanatics. Fantastic spin and marvelous counter-attack.
It gave my club opponents a super hard time ;)

What really surprised me was the Sunnysix3. I'm generally really agressive on both sides but I always wished that I
had more stability on my blocks and counter-attacks(like FZD). The Sunnysix3 is just that. Super secure.
It gives you that great balance between Boll's machine-like stability. I've always thought Tenergy64 was the real deal
but I kinda missed the depth and spin. Tenergy always had great speed but it never really feels 'powerful' with the block.
The Sunnysix3 did just that.

With the right channel expansion and marketing, I believe this company will do wonders. As for pricing
and retail I have no idea which is why I'll go back to my buddy and ask him for a box before I return home.
Hopefully I'd be able to share some snaps and actually weight the rubber as well.
(So there, that was my first post ever. Glad that I could give back in some way.
FYI I'm super picky when it comes to products. Feel free to comment and ask more about any other stuff.)

This sounds promising., I really hope Sunny 7 comes out internationally as Im looking for a softer version of H3 neo (39degree) without bosting. How does Sunny 7 play compared to H3 neo and do you know the price?