Butterfly Rozena!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Not sure if it'll be poor man's Tenergy or the equivalent of Tenergy FX but Spring Sponge Butterfly rubber at JPY5000 sounds very good deal to me.

True. Poor man´s Tenergy may be a bit harsh, but the concept seems similar and maybe even BTY think that the world doesn´t need another tenergy, so this could indeed be a Tenergy (99, 44, 06, whatever ...) labelled differently and sold a bit cheaper.

Nice sponge colour, too ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Price / performance will be important for this one. Here in the UK the official price seems to be £42, or approx JPY5800. That's still expensive in comparison with most of the "easy to use" market, and only "cheap" in comparison with butterfly's own market-rigged tenergy price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
That's still expensive in comparison with most of the "easy to use" market, and only "cheap" in comparison with butterfly's own market-rigged tenergy price.

Absolutely. However I have a feeling these couple Euros less compared to tenergy will be tempting enough for many to try this rubber. In Germany for example a tenergy costs 57 Euro, but you can get Evolution or bluefire for 35. Now if that Rozena is "only" 10 Euro more expensive than Tensor rubbers people might be lured back into the net ;)

I´ll go with the pink sponge on the new Hype rubber, "rose-coloured" Rozena won´t be for me.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
There is a type of player - and I know plenty of these myself - who are totally and utterly tied to Butterfly as a brand and won't use anything else. It seems totally insane to me, but each to their own. For this pool of fanatics (I exaggerate for effect here, obviously), Rozena could fill a hole in the line-up. But if sane people are after a slightly less demanding, but still modern feeling, rubber in comparison with tenergy then they already have a cornucopia of options.

I'm sure Rozena will be successful and I'm curious about how it plays, but the price makes me pause.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
"Ohsawa is sure:ROZENA is a “rubber to be stronger”, to help players raise their levels to play TENERGY rubbers in the future."
dont like this positioning like tier B rubber. World expects this rubber to be cheaper alternative with perfomance of Tenergy(maybe with some compromise). Price is not for rubber to raise your level...Don't dissapoint us mr Ohsawa)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
"Ohsawa is sure:ROZENA is a “rubber to be stronger”, to help players raise their levels to play TENERGY rubbers in the future."
dont like this positioning like tier B rubber. World expects this rubber to be cheaper alternative with perfomance of Tenergy(maybe with some compromise). Price is not for rubber to raise your level...Don't dissapoint us mr Ohsawa)

Exactly!!I don't wanna buy this rubber so that then I have to buy a tenergy. Although butterfly is killing me with the combination of black rubber and pink sponge. I mean it just looks so cool!!!!But still I'll wait enough for a review on ttd or some concrete reviews on tabletennisdatabase.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Why doesn't Dan set up a patron [for a separate youtube channel dedicated to reviewing]? If some of this awesome community pledge to donate a few cents per video, he would have not only have all the money to pay for all the rubbers he wants (imagine the insane EJ collection!), but could also make some money off it. Then again, he most likely has other, way more important things to do aswell. Just a thought, it would be cool imo :p

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Why doesn't Dan set up a patron [for a separate youtube channel dedicated to reviewing]? If some of this awesome community pledge to donate a few cents per video, he would have not only have all the money to pay for all the rubbers he wants (imagine the insane EJ collection!), but could also make some money off it. Then again, he most likely has other, way more important things to do aswell. Just a thought, it would be cool imo :p

Dan doesn't get these rubbers by paying (or I hope Dan doesn't need to)
Even I don't need to pay when requesting samples