PDA

View Full Version : Using hand sanitizer to help remove rubber

Zaid323918
04-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Hi all,
I have heard that you can use nail polish remover to help remove your rubber from the blade. I wanted to know if I could use hand sanitizer, or rubbing alcohol/alcohol swabs for the same purpose.

enrikeitor
04-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Hi all,
I have heard that you can use nail polish remover to help remove your rubber from the blade. I wanted to know if I could use hand sanitizer, or rubbing alcohol/alcohol swabs for the same purpose.
I think that ain't gonna work, but you should try and tell us the results

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

ttmonster
04-11-2017, 08:42 PM
no harm in trying though, even if it does not work your hands would be super clean afterwards, sorry just could not help :D

but honestly , and I am taking a complete theoretical guess here and my favorite subject isn't chemistry , I don't think its the alcohol , its most probably the acetone in the nail polish remover that acts as the solvent and dissolves the glue

I don't think hand sanitizer has acetone , its most probably a mixture of ethyl alcohol and glycerine with other fragrances ... not sure if ethyl alcohol will dissolve the glue but you can always test it out

Zaid323918
04-11-2017, 09:01 PM
no harm in trying though, even if it does not work your hands would be super clean afterwards, sorry just could not help :D

but honestly , and I am taking a complete theoretical guess here and my favorite subject isn't chemistry , I don't think its the alcohol , its most probably the acetone in the nail polish remover that acts as the solvent and dissolves the glue

I don't think hand sanitizer has acetone , its most probably a mixture of ethyl alcohol and glycerine with other fragrances ... not sure if ethyl alcohol will dissolve the glue but you can always test it out

Oh but I once tried gasoline for two different blades to remove the old glue/sponge and it worked really well. The only problem is it's not very safe and the smell is awful.