• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have split the European Table Tennis Championships into two threads so we can manage the discussions a lot easier. This is the European Table Tennis Championships 'Team' thread.

European Championships - INTERSPORT Main Sponsor - 8[SUP]th[/SUP] - 12[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2011, Gdansk-Sopot, Poland

The best European Table Tennis Teams meet in Poland for the biggest European event! The European Table Tennis Championships!

This major event is held in Gdansk-Sopot, Poland and will begin on the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] October and end on the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2011. This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started and we can begin to discuss the seedings. This thread is a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from team event of this amazing championships! Click here 'Singles Event Thread'

dttb-herren_team-foto_bei_dttz-trainingslager_vor_em_danzig_foto_leidheiser_300x244_2.365x265.jpg

Photo by: titischtennis.de

So who do you think will win the mens and womens event? Remember to share this thread to your friends on facebook. And stay tuned for this amazing event!

Enjoy!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
European Table Tennis Championships 2011 (8.-16. October)

Same procedure as every year?
http://en.butterfly.tt/cms-menu/news/european-championships-in-danzig-8-16-october

1wm_boll_qi.jpg

'If there hadn’t been the interruption by Michael Maze at the European Championships in Stuttgart 2009, Timo Boll, who is entered as the undoubted European super star, would have been ready for the traditional dinner for one for the fifth time in a row to collect all titles in all categories at the continental fights for the titles in October in Poland.'

There's no doubt about the initial position before the upcoming tournament in Poland, Timo Boll is the man to beat at this year's ETTC.
A lot has happened since Maze beat him in front of his home crowd in Stuttgart and the winner of 2009 would probably be happy if he stayed injury-free during the competition.
Boll's main task will most likely be to keep up his focus and prevent upsets by some of the upcoming talents from France and his teammates Dima Ovtcharov, Bastian Steger and Patrick Baum. Christian Süss, who beat him at The German Championship, had to withdraw from the competition due to a severe injury.
Vladimir Samsonov could perhaps pose a threat to Boll's title campaign but the best days of the Belarusian have passed.

One could get the impression that we've got an utterly boring tournament ahead of us but appearances are deceitful.
It will be exciting to see if Boll can repeat his masterpiece once again, how well the young players have progressed and if the German team will be able to defeat teams like France and Belarus without Christian Süss.

The list of the top seeds will follow.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Bastian often lacks the ability to play his best when it comes to the important matches/moments.
But he is indeed a great option/improvement for the German team!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Don't overlook the Austrian team. Schlager may be past his prime, but Habesohn and Fegerl have a good future.
You might be right about those young guns, but their time has not come yet.
If they face teams like Belarus or France they will most likely not stand a chance imo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I am very disappointed about their site..
The site with results is sh!tty crap .. really..
NO LIVESCORE, the site is that bad that my brother that never made one, could have made better!
Let Poland do something!

I was playing today, came in here now, and if there was no Bwin, I wouldnt know that France vs. Greece are playing 4th match..
But still I have no idea and absolutely no chance to find out, how Kreanga vs. Mattenet ended..
How Lebesson vs. Panagiotis ended.. how Legout vs. Papageorgiou ended..

Just I am sooo mad !

Stupid Poland !!! what a crap..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The decision to give an international tournament to Poland was probably not the smartest, they are currently busy with organizing the European Championship of Football 2012.

Last edited: