New vs Old Viscarias

Hi all, i was just wondering now that the newer versions of Viscarias are avaliable (green hologram) what are the differences between them and the older versions are they major?

Thanks for any replies in advance ;)

as far as I know the new ones are a little faster because of the poly ball.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
They also stopped trying to make them light. They feel like the ones from 2008 to 2010. A good thing

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yes, mostly that has been true, but not entirely. For most of its history, Viscarias tended to be heavier (almost always in the range of 88-95 grams, usually >90), but there was a period not too long ago when there started to be a lot of very light ones on the market. Just a year or two ago -- the series made just before these green hologram ones appeared -- it was not unusual to find Viscaria blades in the 82-85 grams range, which is the same weight as the now-discontinued Viscaria Light that they sold for awhile! I suspect they were hollowing out the handle more and trying to make the blade more popular for non-pros or people who are using heavier rubbers. But I don't know that fore sure. (Also, I should note that some of the second series blades were thinner and lighter, but those are very old black tag ones rarely seen now, and personally I don't like those so much either).

A lot of the people who really love these blades (like me) find that ones that are that light feel very different, and not good; pretty much like it was a different kind of blade altogether! OF course this is all a matter of taste, but to me and some other people, these very light ones feel completely hollow. I have not seen any of the newest series (with the green holograms) that are that light. I think maybe they figured out that it was not a great idea. Actually, all of the green hologram ones I have hit with are good, kind of like my very favorite ones that were generally made around 2007-2009. (The production dates of these blades seem to affect the way they play. Is it because of something intentionally done, or maybe build at a different factory, or maybe different batches of wood? I have no idea).

I think from day one it was not unusual to find TB-ALC blades in the 85 gram range.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls