Table Tennis University - Coach Tao Li

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
On http://tabletennisuniversity.com/ :
"This video is Drill #33 of 148 drills included within The Professional Bundle - Tao's revolutionary online training program that will transform you into a professional table tennis player in just 52 weeks."

Seriously, who is believing this BS ???? @Archosaurus ???
Maybe he's hiding his real skills, but I'm not really impressed by Coach TAO Li.... not by what i see, and not by what i read either...

I don't know about you guys....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
These online courses ALWAYS make unreal statements. It's natural if you want good money.
I don't think he is a bad player or bad coach, but we can't see anything else than basics for complete beginners.
I'm also not impressed, but it's an online training which is really clearly understandable. Good for the really basics, for anything else there are better ones for free.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Well, some people can be repelled by hype, that is OK. I don't like hype too. However, I found his free videos quite useful. He has also some service return videos: http://www.taolitabletennis.com/product-category/service-return/, some of which I liked quite a lot. For example, he talked about some non-obvious things, like how to properly push/chop no-spin serve to keep it low. It looks like he is indeed a former pro, has a lot of knowledge about the game and creates original content. So why bash him? :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
REVOLUTIONARY
PROFESSIONAL
52 WEEKS
!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I don't see why you needed to compare me to gullible and vain people who'd buy into a marketing text like that. I guess I'm never going to knock the image I made for myself during my first years here.

Arch, there is a saying over here that says a first impression can only be made once. So it's very hard to reverse it.
In fact there is another one:
Ist über eine blöde Sache endlich Gras gewachsen, dann kommt irgendein Kamel und frisst es wieder runter.

Free translated meaning: if one makes a mistake, then no matter how much time has passed already, some people won't forget.

But you shouldn't feel negative, i'm quite sure Ta-q was just joking around and didn't mean to offend you.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Well, some people can be repelled by hype, that is OK. I don't like hype too. However, I found his free videos quite useful. He has also some service return videos: http://www.taolitabletennis.com/product-category/service-return/, some of which I liked quite a lot. For example, he talked about some non-obvious things, like how to properly push/chop no-spin serve to keep it low. It looks like he is indeed a former pro, has a lot of knowledge about the game and creates original content. So why bash him? :)

the videos from your link cost 10 or 12 USD. I don't intend to pay that amount of money, but free to you to do so.

I'm not bashing him because he is a good or bad coach. I'm doing it because they make ridiculous promises on his site.

a bit the same as "get rich working 1hour a day" , or "enlarge your penis" or "lost your wife ? i'm gonna get her back to you..."

Reactions: Xanderngzien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
tao li is crap. Everybody go and pay coach emrathick or whatever his name is to learn some serious chinese shaolin secrets.

Even wu tang clan showed respect. Some real gangsta shit right there.

secret revealed!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Well, I'm probably in the minority here, but 4 or 5 years ago I bought all 4 tabletennismaster's DVDs. They are a very good resource for anyone who does not have access to decent coaching. No disrespect to the keyboard warriors, but trying to put to practice coach Tao Li's lessons from these DVDs is more useful that endless chit-chatting about chinese v european looping or "forearm wrist snap acceleration".

Reactions: NextLevel
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Well, I'm probably in the minority here, but 4 or 5 years ago I bought all 4 tabletennismaster's DVDs. They are a very good resource for anyone who does not have access to decent coaching. No disrespect to the keyboard warriors, but trying to put to practice coach Tao Li's lessons from these DVDs is more useful that endless chit-chatting about chinese v european looping or "forearm wrist snap acceleration".

OK, but did you become a professional player in 52 weeks? (Since the comments here are mostly about those kind of absurd claims in the DVD marketing than the DVDs).

Last edited: