Butterfly Blades similar to Primorac jp

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hello. I'm looking for an all round+/Off- blade similar to primorac jp. The one I Could improve my technique..I already have timo boll zlf and I'm looking for something with more feeling ..and maybe allwood. Can you give me any propositions? Maybe Petr Korbel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Has anyone got experience in playing Butterfly Hadraw VK? A guy at the official butterfly store recommend it to me instead of primorac jp..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Why do you think you have to get a Japanese version of a Primorac?

This is the kind of thing only an EJ would think of.

Liu Shiwen blades is good. But it is not all wood. I would just get a Primorac.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Many people say EU version is worse quality. .can anyone comment the fact/trend that you shouldn't use soft rubber like rakza 7soft on blades such as TB ZLF? Some people say it doesn't matter and others say this blade is unplayable with soft rubbers. .

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What is EJ?

EJ means equipment junkie. Someone who thinks equipment is more important than it is.

Most of the comments in the next post are the kind of unverifiable things that an EJ would say:

Many people say EU version is worse quality. .can anyone comment the fact/trend that you shouldn't use soft rubber like rakza 7soft on blades such as TB ZLF? Some people say it doesn't matter and others say this blade is unplayable with soft rubbers. .

If you took 10 Primoracs available from Japan and 10 from Europe, there would be some better, some worse in each batch. But ultimately the quality would be pretty much the same. Because Butterfly makes all the Primoracs in the same factory. If someone has legitimate information on that not being true, I would be interested to hear. But just because the labeling is slightly different does not mean the blade was made somewhere else. It just means it was meant to be sold in a country where they read and speak a different language.

The info about soft and hard rubbers and how rubbers need to be matched properly to the blade is also nonsense. A good offensive rubber can be put on any good offensive blade.

Sometimes what happens is someone feels a blade with a specific rubber on it and it feels a certain way and then they try the rubber on a different blade and are disappointed because part of what the they felt and liked was the blade. And then they think the rubber is no good on a different blade.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

The rubber will work how it works on a different blade. And if you played with it on that different blade for a few weeks and stopped thinking things like "but it doesn't feel how it felt on such and such blade," you would get used to it and feel what the rubber can do.

But those are the kinds of things that EJs say that make people think that they have to get the Primorac made in Japan with just the right rubbers.

The equipment that will work for you is what you should be worried about. Not what goofy people say who are addicted to trying different racket setups.

Rakza 7 soft will work fine on a ZLF blade. And it seems that what some people say about TT equipment had generally worked to confuse you and make you feel it is harder to get a good racket for you than it is.

Get a Primorac from anywhere. Put whatever rubbers you want on it. Play with it. And enjoy. Don't overthink this stuff in that way.

Research what blades will be good for you. Primorac is a GREAT choice. Research what rubbers WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU. Put the rubbers on the blade and play.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have never read a more precise answer. .it explains a lot to me. Thank you. That's what I'll do. .primorac eu is made in Hungary. .that's what I found during my research

Show me valid sources for that. What factory is Butterfly outsourcing to in Hungary? How is the blade different?

I am given to understand that the old Black Tag Butterfly blades were made by a company in Taiwan that makes blades these days under the name of Double Day. And there seems to be a big stir for some people about the black tag blades. But the reality is, just like any blade, some of them are good and some of them are not as good.

The reason? WOOD IS WOOD. Wood comes from something that was living. Every tree is different. A piece of wood that is the same size and same kind but cut from a different tree or a different part of the same tree, will be different.

The pros get to choose a few blades from a sample of many blades they were given to test. If you had the money and wanted to ensure you got a good blade you would buy 30 Primoracs and choose the 3 or 4 best feeling ones.

But stuff like trying to buy one from Japan will only insure that you gave yourself a hassle. And since most people can't afford to buy 10-30 blades to see if the they can find 2-3 good ones, you may as well simply order one and get used to the one you get. They are all good enough. Even if you get one that is not one of the "good ones" it still will be more than good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paweł Banasik
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just posted this in a different thread for a different EJ. I am posting it here so that:

1) you see the information also.
2) maybe he comes here and sees the info in this thread on the subject that I already posted.

I've tried to find a Primorac made in Japan but can't, tt11 doesn't sell and dandoy-sport didn't answer, megaspin either, someone knows where can I find it, please?

Dominus, go read the other thread with the other guy with the same silly ideas about a Japanese Primorac. And then just get a Primorac.

I don't believe you guys can buy the ones that were meant to be sold in Japan. But why do you think they are different. Have you been reading more silly wives tales. (Or are they EJ tales).

Butterfly makes it so distributors cannot sell products across regions. So a distributor from Japan is not supposed to sell to Europe. And a distributor from Europe is not supposed to sell to USA.

Butterfly distributors who do not adhere to Butterfly's rules get dropped quickly. This is how Butterfly fixes prices for different regions.

But the blades really should not be different regardless of what region you get them from.

====

You guys really need to stop driving yourself crazy about equipment. Equipment is simple. It should just be something that helps you improve.

THE REST IS TECHNIQUE AND PRACTICE.

Reactions: Paweł Banasik
This user has no status.
By accident I talked to Butterfly distributor about Primorac blade just yesterday. Some time ago I wanted to buy it but it was made in Hungary and obviously of lesser quality, grain was so messed up that I dont know how to describe it, like much worse than on 10$ chinese blades...
Asked about the blade and the answer was that they ordered made in Japan ones and they are a little bit more pricey...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By accident I talked to Butterfly distributor about Primorac blade just yesterday. Some time ago I wanted to buy it but it was made in Hungary and obviously of lesser quality, grain was so messed up that I dont know how to describe it, like much worse than on 10$ chinese blades...
Asked about the blade and the answer was that they ordered made in Japan ones and they are a little bit more pricey...

Butterfly, the company with the good reputation and the high, high prices actually lets something like this ruin their stellar reputation? Are you sure this wasn't a counterfeit that you were talking about?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
both korbel and primorac (eu) felt exactly like i expected them to play. i dont know what special quality those japan made blades should differ in. primorac did splinter a little bit more after several rubber removals. you get what you expect of a good balanced limba blade. i wouldnt pay 30-40€ more for a little factor that could be influenced more by 3gr of weight difference.
grubba, primorac and korbel are a pretty linear evolution:
grubba: lots of flex, all+ speed, not stiff at all.
primorac: still alot of flex but less, off- speed, stiffer but still not that stable.
korbel: a little bit of flex, off-/off speed, good stability for a wood blade.
primorac handle is bigger but feels more hollow. thats my experience. im not an equipment expert though. ive havent played several of each.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I decided to buy primorac. .and the hadraw VK..one of them I like less I will sell. Primorac everybody likes. .classic. .but I can't wait to try the hadraw VK.. it seems like korbel but not that head heavy..easy to play a little bit faster than primorac and may be my long run blade. .