Please recommend rubber for Mizutani Jun ZLC , No TG series

This user has no status.
Hello , I just bought Mizutani Jun ZLC and looking rubber for matching thisblade . My style is two wings looper , I usually play mid-range
Please recommend me that rubber have mid to high throw angle and have long durable butt not Tenergy series it too expensive for me :(

Thanks
Please do not abbreviate Tenergy as TG. The DHS TG Guys would object. [emoji28]

Either way, Mizutani is a driver looper blade, which account for the most expensive equipment group in Table Tennis.

Cant find any rubber lower than USD 30, sorry.

On paper, these good for your Mizutani.

Donic Coppa X1 Turbo Platin
Nittaku Renanos Hold
Haifu Shark II Soft
Juic Shenron
Stiga Carbo Sound
Stiga Almana Sound SynergyTech
Tibhar Nimbus VIP
Butterfly Tenergy 25
Palio Blitz
Stiga Almana
Donic Desto F1

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Playing with a ZLC, but can't afford Tenergy? Smh. I have had good luck with softer rubbers on ZLC blades. Medium and med. hard sponged rubbers tended to play well for hitting and driving, due to the overall stiffness. Your Razka soft would probably pair well for your looping style on this blade. I liked T05FX, Airoc S and Airoc Astro S on the ZLC. The added softness added some dwell for my loops. Mx-P and T05 were just too fast.

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry for this. But I think this is a common mistake. So many people think you need to find a rubber that matches a blade.

But actually, you need a rubber and a blade that matches your needs.

I will assume the JM ZLC matches your needs. Then you need to find a rubber that also matches your needs.

If the rubber matches your needs, then it will work well FOR YOU on he JM ZLC.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Well, a single blade outlasts many, many rubbers. So that's a different spend entirely. Blade: a few in a lifetime of play. Rubber: two new needed every couple of months.

This is certainly correct. Also, tenergy is like a drug after all. Once you're used to it you can't really separate yourself from it

Reactions: shat1478 and BeGo
As much as i know, if you are able to buy a 200 bucks table tennis blade, you should do justice by using a 70 odd buck rubber (just kidding)
In my experience thus far the best rubbers for butterfly blades are in fact the butterfly rubbers. If you find that Tenergy series is too costly for you, you might want to try the Rozena rubber on your JM ZLC.
A friend of mine is using Tibhar MX-p and the tibhar EL-p for forehand and backhand respectively on the JM ZLC blade. He is fine with it though i personally do not like the Evolution series. He is more of a mid-distance counter looper and i am an old school close to the table player, so perhaps that could be one reason for making that choice in rubbers.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
One very expensive blade, let's say €200. It will last a number of years. A new set of tenergies (€60x2) every three months, will make €480/year, dwarfing the cost of the blade. About €5000 over the course of a decade. That Nittaku Resaud suddenly doesn't sound so silly after all. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, since so many people have jumped on the bandwagon of why it is okay to spend a crazy price for a blade but not for a rubber:

1) looking at a web dealer JM ZLC is $249.00 which is pretty expensive. There are lots of blades I could get for under $100.00 that are pretty close to equivalent. Look for Double Day. [emoji2]

2) as a value, many people find Tenergy pretty acceptable. It does cost more than anything else. But it lasts much longer than most ESN rubbers. For some people it lasts 2-3 times longer than an ESN rubber.

3) no matter what rubber you use, you are going to change it on a semi-regular basis if you change rubber when it starts showing wear. But if you are Der_Echte, you can use any rubber for 2-3 years.

So I am not 100% buying the argument about why it is fine to get a crazy overpriced blade but not rubbers.

In the end people can do what they want. The $32.00 Der_Echte special of a Yinhe Galaxy 896 blade with Dawei 2008XP rubber, or the bargain upgrading of using a used Aurus for FH is a pretty okay setup if money is tight.

But if you spent $250.00 for a blade, trying to save a few pennies on the rubber doesn't make much sense to me.

There may be other reasons to get something that isn't Tenergy.

But if you spend $250 for the blade I am not sure price is really a valid one for the rubber.

However, in the end, we have to accept that people have their idiosyncrasies. So choose well and get the rubber you want.

It is just worth knowing that, price comparisons for rubber use for a year, many people who go away from Tenergy end up going back to it after they find they spent more money trying to use other seemingly less expensive rubbers.

Me, I am happy with MX-P and FX-P. But I am looking forward to trying Nexy Karis M on my new Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon blade when it arrives. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and shat1478

NDH

says Spin to win!
One thing which always bugs me about these questions is..... If the player is a 2 winged looper spending that amount on a blade, they should be able to wield it with precision.

If they can.... They should also know the rubbers to use (and can afford).

If they can't, they should look at spending the money on coaching rather than the blade (as a $10 blade will be as good as a $300 blade if they don't know what to do).

Anyway..... The Tibhar EVO range are excellent, but I'm finding them not too dissimilar to Tenergy prices.

You get what you pay for, Tenergy lasts twice as long as anything else I've used, yet doesn't always cost twice as much.

You wouldn't buy a Ferrari and expect a Ford engine - The same applies to Table Tennis blades and rubbers.

Tibhar Evolution rubbers wear out quicker than Bluefires or Omega V/ Vega. This is at least in my experience. The Red Power sponge is a little worse than the Rasant sponge in terms of durability as well eve though Rasant itself ain't a very durable rubber. Tenergy'a sponge is very durable but the topsheet is not very good. If it nicks the table pieces gonna fall of. (If you hit the topsheet of a Vega rubber on to the table edge with some decent force nothing happens besides a scratch)

Last edited: