Suitable glue for boosted rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
What would be the best glue to stick a boosted rubber(chinese beton sponge ones) to the blade.By boosted rubber i mean that is still has some significant curl.
I did read that donic blue contact has strong bond(almost to strong and its difficult to remove).Anyone try with boosted rubber with curl?
Suggest any other glue that could solve that problem(rubber gets off the blade around edges, sometimes a lot).

Thank you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
First, you should not glue a rubber which is still domed. You should always wait till it is nearly to complete flat. BUT if time is a significant problem for you, there are at least a few possibilities. If want to glue a high density sponge then i think it is more suitable to use a thicker glue with higher viscosity. Something like Nittaku finezip or Stiga attach powerglue, they are basically the same. In addition i recommend to put the assembled racket into a press or under someone heavy Books over night (at least 12h) and use protective films before pressing. Summing up: high viscosity thick glue + press over Night. Hope this is helpful. Lucky gluing!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I've never glued a boosted rubber, but I think that using a side tape may help too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
First, you should not glue a rubber which is still domed. You should always wait till it is nearly to complete flat. BUT if time is a significant problem for you, there are at least a few possibilities. If want to glue a high density sponge then i think it is more suitable to use a thicker glue with higher viscosity. Something like Nittaku finezip or Stiga attach powerglue, they are basically the same. In addition i recommend to put the assembled racket into a press or under someone heavy Books over night (at least 12h) and use protective films before pressing. Summing up: high viscosity thick glue + press over Night. Hope this is helpful. Lucky gluing!

If its flat you lost a lot from the boost effect, i mean there still is but not as if it is domed.
Heavy books is also an option, if its not possible to glue and play right away.I can wait one night.

So it seems finezip and attach glue is what people recommend.Aright

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Now you know why the CNT players are always pressing on the edges of their rubbers during matches. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Yah and i think if they cant or are able to make it stick to the blade how can i be more successful.Unless they do extreme boosting.

OK we got , finezip ,stiga attach and revo3. Would like to know if the suggestions given by people, are based on true fact meaning if they really did try to glue a domed rubber(not slightly domed, that i em able to handle :) ) and were successful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
i just bty free chack and i think its hard to use since its very thin. any recommendation for any other glue that is thicker and more easy to use and glue with? i read nittaku and stiga in the above but anyone used these glues?

Sure. Freechack 2, Finezip, Connect+ all do their job well.

Yah and i think if they cant or are able to make it stick to the blade how can i be more successful.Unless they do extreme boosting.

OK we got , finezip ,stiga attach and revo3. Would like to know if the suggestions given by people, are based on true fact meaning if they really did try to glue a domed rubber(not slightly domed, that i em able to handle :) ) and were successful.

Well, i don't know anyone that glues on a heavily domed rubber.
If the dome is too strong then how would one spread on the glue?
Can't see how that's supposed to work.
I know in the speed glue days this was usual, but with wbg i don't think this is possible.
Well, everyone i know just waits until there's only a slight dome left and then uses Finezip, Soulspin Connect+ (same formula as Finezip), or any other thick-ish high viscosity glue.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Sure. Freechack 2, Finezip, Connect+ all do their job well.

Well, i don't know anyone that glues on a heavily domed rubber.
If the dome is too strong then how would one spread in the glue?
Can't see how that's supposed to work.
I know in the speed glue days this was usual, but with wbg i don't think this is possible.
Well, everyone i know just waits until there's only a slight dome and then uses Finezip, Soulspin Connect+ (same formula as Finezip), or any other thick-ish high viscosity glue.

Erm whats so difficult to spread wbg on boosted domed rubber,kind of lost you there Suga D.I have done it many times.Medium-high viscosity glue applied normal and easy with no problems(dhs no.15).
Besides you can apply layer/s of glue before boosting,if that is so much of concern (pretty sure you know :)),.

Other thought i have is if VOC glues (never used)have a stronger bond then wbg.Are these better or around the same as wbg?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Well, i don't say that it's totally impossible, but i can't see how you want to spread even layers on when it's still doming too much.
The keyword here is 'even'.
But if you know a way then good luck with that.

Not a matter of luck when it comes to even layers.I only once had uneven layers and it was visible after gluing the rubber on the blade but it was my fault cause i was in a hurry :).

What about voc glues anyone can tell if they have stronger bond(more suitable for boosted rubbers)?