Do you want an outdoor table in your community?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Hi all,

Would anyone like a table tennis table in a public space in their community? We have teamed up with Ping! to deliver concrete outdoor table tennis tables into communities, but are looking for communities who are keen to have one. Our organisation, Spacehive, is an online crowd funding platform, so we allow communities to donate to projects in order to get them funded. In this case, 150 people would donate £10 or so and then the table would get built.

Would any of you be interested in having this built in your community? You wouldn't have to put up any money or anything, or be liable to. We are just looking for people who are interested in having them.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am guessing this is only in the UK. There are a few outdoor tables in New York City and it is a lot of fun. The wind makes it so that you have to sort of play differently and not work on technique because the ball is not where it would be indoors. But you get a lot of different types of people playing in an outdoor forum. It is well worth doing. This kind of thing does help grow the sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Yeah it's just in the UK unfortunately. Yeah we think so too. Ping! ran a scheme over the summer where they dropped in 100 temporary outdoor tables and they were really popular, so we're hoping we can go to the next stage and get some permanent outdoor ones up. They're quite cheap too, so hopefully someone can come forward and we can make it happen!

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hi Spacehive, I'm kinda of curious about this concept. What do guys use as nets? And when you say you dropped 100 tables, where did you actually put them? I like the idea and would like to learn more.

As an architect, I get to build public buildings like schools, nurseries, community centres etc...if I can get fundings from the local authorities, I don't mind implementing it in my designs and proposals.