Attending WTTC-2017 Dusseldorf

This user has no status.
Hey Guys.. Who all are attending WTTC 2017 ??
It would be great to catch up with fellow T.T. enthusiasts from across the world.. I am from India & will be in Germany from 23rd May to 3rd June.

Also can anyone help me connect with various T.T. clubs in any part of Germany. Keenly looking to visit professional clubs/academies or sports science related centres

Chaitanya
[email protected]

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Unfortunately i was too late for tix on the weekend and have to work on the other days, but a teammate of mine was quick enough and got tix for the weekend but isn't sure if he can make it. So in case he can't go, i will buy his tickets.

But nevertheless in Düsseldorf you have the TTBL team Borussia Düsseldorf and also the Andro TT-school.
https://www.borussia-duesseldorf.com/tt-schule/news/

I wasn't sure about their schedule, but they also have courses during the WTTC.

One and a half hour ride away from Düsseldorf you can find the TTBL team TTC Grenzau with the Butterfly TT-school.
But don't know about their schedule too, but just look up their phone number from their website or send them an E-Mail.
Here's the link:
https://www.zugbruecke.de/de/Wellnesshotel-Zugbrücke-Grenzau/Butterfly-Tischtennis-Schule/4/

There are many more clubs, so if you know where you gonna stay i can try to help find a club not far away.
But the two above mentioned are probably the best options anyway.

This user has no status.
Hey Thanks a lot..I have booked a place near the WTTC venue for my stay.. Definitely planning to visit Borussia Dusseldorf during my stay .. will also visit the other sit you mentioned.. Do let me know if you are able to make it :)

Unfortunately i was too late for tix on the weekend and have to work on the other days, but a teammate of mine was quick enough and got tix for the weekend but isn't sure if he can make it. So in case he can't go, i will buy his tickets.

But nevertheless in Düsseldorf you have the TTBL team Borussia Düsseldorf and also the Andro TT-school.
https://www.borussia-duesseldorf.com/tt-schule/news/

I wasn't sure about their schedule, but they also have courses during the WTTC.

One and a half hour ride away from Düsseldorf you can find the TTBL team TTC Grenzau with the Butterfly TT-school.
But don't know about their schedule too, but just look up their phone number from their website or send them an E-Mail.
Here's the link:
https://www.zugbruecke.de/de/Wellnesshotel-Zugbrücke-Grenzau/Butterfly-Tischtennis-Schule/4/

There are many more clubs, so if you know where you gonna stay i can try to help find a club not far away.
But the two above mentioned are probably the best options anyway.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am going. But not on the weekend. I will watch two days around the beginning, which is when I could get tickets. I have a couple days of work stuff to do in Cologne. Then a few more free days. I will have a car. Not decided yet where else I will go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey Thanks a lot..I have booked a place near the WTTC venue for my stay.. Definitely planning to visit Borussia Dusseldorf during my stay .. will also visit the other sit you mentioned.. Do let me know if you are able to make it :)

I'll definitely gonna let you know.

I am going. But not on the weekend. I will watch two days around the beginning, which is when I could get tickets. I have a couple days of work stuff to do in Cologne. Then a few more free days. I will have a car. Not decided yet where else I will go.

This could sound like another TTD-Goon Squad episode.
Maybe Dan's gonna be there too.
Feel free to pm me if you know when, what, and where.
If my club wasn't so far away from Düsseldorf i would try to organise a little hitting there, but maybe someone else's got another idea.
Totally down for whatever.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'll definitely gonna let you know.

This could sound like another TTD-Goon Squad episode.
Maybe Dan's gonna be there too.
Feel free to pm me if you know when, what, and where.
If my club wasn't so far away from Düsseldorf i would try to organise a little hitting there, but maybe someone else's got another idea.
Totally down for whatever.
[Emoji2]

Okay. I have decided that Suga D is in charge of WTTC goon squad meetup public relations. What this will entail is:

1) setting up a thread ala Der_Echte style, notifying TTDaily members of when and where you will be so people can find you.
2) making sure as many people as possible who meet up with you, take and post photos and videos to the thread.
3) having a general good time on a WTTC adventure.
4) stories of chicken and beer bets and narrow escapes from the bad guys.
5) sneaking down onto the arena floor and hitting with some of the pros.
6) if I could I would go myself, but since I can't I think I will send Der_Echte or the spirit of Der_Echte in my stead.

Hahahaha.

I hope you guys do meet up and have a great old time.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am pretty excited about this now. I am thinking about the swag I am going to buy and the German beer I will drink (I particular love Koelsch) and maybe I will even hit a few balls.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Okay. I have decided that Suga D is in charge of WTTC goon squad meetup public relations. What this will entail is:

1) setting up a thread ala Der_Echte style, notifying TTDaily members of when and where you will be so people can find you.
2) making sure as many people as possible who meet up with you, take and post photos and videos to the thread.
3) having a general good time on a WTTC adventure.
4) stories of chicken and beer bets and narrow escapes from the bad guys.
5) sneaking down onto the arena floor and hitting with some of the pros.
6) if I could I would go myself, but since I can't I think I will send Der_Echte or the spirit of Der_Echte in my stead.

Hahahaha.

I hope you guys do meet up and have a great old time.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Uh-oh, i'm a terrible organiser. Our team only made me the captain 'cause no one else wanted to do it.
But i promise i'll try my best.
:)

Suga, I will have a car and have a couple of days with no agenda. Easy for me to come to Frankfurt/Mainz.

That's really cool. I was thinking of trying to take a day off and come on Thursday or friday, so we could meet there and go on from there. I hope tickets are still available. If not you're certainly very welcome to visit. How long have you been planning to stay in Germany? I'm just asking 'cause my friend from Houston is coming on the evening of the finals day, too (Unfortunately he's unable to come earlier)
I'll pm you later so we can clarify the details as soon as i know more.

I think this World Table Tennis Daily Goon Squad Meet Up is probably going to overshadow the World Table Tennis Championship ... if somebody could Facebook live this .... I think this would be hilarious .. what say @Dan ?

Hahahaaa.
[Emoji2]
I would be very surprised if Dan hasn't got something up his sleeve already.
;)

@anyone else who's gonna be there: don't hesitate to chime in.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I have to be in Cologne on the 6th and I am returning to Houston on the 8th. At least one other day in there I have to meet some colleagues in Essen. I will only be at the tournament on June 1 and June 2 (only days I could get tickets for what was kind of a late spur of the moment decision -- belated birthday present to myself). Not sure about tickets at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys, going to be a great WTTC! I was thinking the Saturday evening (3rd June) we could do a TTDaily meetup? There will probably be most members around on the Saturday? Maybe we could get a few pro's to join us!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hey guys, going to be a great WTTC! I was thinking the Saturday evening (3rd May) we could do a TTDaily meetup?
what Dan is saying that the 3rd of June he wants the Goon Squad to meet up for chicken and heaps if beer.

Reactions: Dan and Suga D