New back hand rubber coming from andro powersponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Not to make to much of it but I would appreciate your feedback. I'm looking at new for a new bh rubber coming from andro r powersponge. I was thinking about DONIC ACUDA BLUE p2 i have not heard a lot about it in here but I would appreciate some thoughts people had about the Donic b a p2 rubber or other options that may be a suitable rubber switch.

style: two wing looper but I also find block handy on the bh especially when close to the table. I plays closeish (arms length away) to mid distance. I look to open up flipping often depending on the player of course. I have a idea but I Don't know my rating really. I've been playing competitively for over two years as with most people consistency is the key.

Andro powersponge is Not the perfect rubber, I think there's a ceiling to this rubber but it's served me well through a advancements in my backhand play. some things I liked about it.

good control and good spin.

may need to work a little to get the spin but there's always trade-offs and have found it reliable and even being quite used the spin is there when Engaging the swing or have quick loose wrist.

Speed seems ok, I value control. but as bh wing has improved, playing active strokes countering spin I have often thought I could benefit from not mxp fast but something a notch faster.

touch on the short game seems good, not that bouncy on low impact shots which I like.

blocks are pretty good for it being soft

It's on the soft side which has been good. But I think I could go soft to mid.

Throw angle
Don't crucify me here. I know throw angle is a touchy topic, or a questionable descriptive. too much is made of it and it depends largely on the type of ball, your type a stroke, person etc. but I like the power sponge throw which is said to be low whatever that means. I have some limited flexibility even with stretching with my backhand shot do to a old college baseball injury. Some days it feels like a chore (or like I'm fighting) to get my arm in position to execute a backhand loop exchange against an incoming topspin ball. I've found this shot (not largely so) but a bit harder to do with a higher throw rubber. with my stroke it requires a even more closed bat and ends up making me adjust my grip more. I may just end up adjusting my grip away from neutral positions more on bh shots in the future, but would like to limit for the time being.

No such thing as the perfect rubber, but any suggestions or thoughts on the Donic Acuda p2 is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
"any suggestions or thoughts on the Donic Acuda p2 is appreciated".

]

The Acuda Blue P2 is designed for the plastic ball so it produces plenty of spin. Other than that it can do pretty much anything: block, chop, serve, loop

The Throw angle is pretty straight so not as high as maybe tenergy but looping backspin is still easy. I also like how you can add spin to almost any shot with this rubber, it really gives you control over where the ball goes and with how much spin.

Reactions: gmiller2233
This user has no status.
I have a review on the P2 in the review center. I myself, coming from the Evolution S-series, had considerable trouble lifting backspin. Reading other peoples opinions, this does have to do with my technique which is very brushy and requires the rubber topsheet to grip the ball tightly. The P2 is grippy but not that grippy. I could produce good spin only on a bit flatter, more straight forward hits. Flat hitting on backhand works great. The P2 for me provides amazing feel and control and safety though on blocks and drives. Its a very soft rubber (softer than the sponge hardness degree would indicate! really soft topsheet on medium to soft sponge). Medium speed, not very dangerous, but very reliable. Personally Id say, if you want a weapon, this is not for you. If you want a rubber to bring the ball back on the other side of the table without having to be very precise in your bat angle and stroke, this is great.
I personally went to FX-S which is sort of a middle way between the aggressive spin and bite of the EL-S and the control of the P2. Works like a charm for me.

Last edited: