Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The October World rankings have been released from the ITTF and here are the listings below! There have been some awesome transformations in the rankings this period so check it out! The rankings were published by the International Table Tennis Federation on Wednesday 5th October 2011.

Two stars stole the show this time around as Ma Long and Ding Ning race up the World Rankings.

Ma Long after being World number 1 throughout the whole of 2010 has regained top position. He is now top spot of the October World Rankings.

Ma Long the new World Number 1 of our sport Table Tennis

It was Wang Hao who over took Ma Longs World number 1 status back in the start of the year. Wang Hao has dropped into 2nd position of the World.

octrank.jpg

Photos by: Remy Gros

Ma Long will celebrate his 23rd birthday with his new found ranking! Ma Longs recent form in winning three major titles has pushed him to the top. He won the Harmony China Open, Austrian Open and Asian Cup during August and September.

This ray of World class form by Ma Long may give him a possible place in the Chinese Olympicss next year in London?

zhang_jike_05_10_11.jpg

Zhang Jike, the runner up in both Suzhou and Vienna moves one place higher

Zhang Jike moves 1 placed higher in the World Rankings to number 3 after to incredible performances reaching the final in both Suzhou and Vienna. European super star Timo Boll dropped to no.4 after not competing in any pro tour in August and September.

A drop of one place for Timo Boll and it is the same for both China’s Wang Liqin and Vladimir Samsonov of Belarus; Wang Liqin is now at no.8 with Vladimir Samsonov at no.9.

The fall has been caused by Xu Xin, the runner up to Ma Long in the all Chinese final in Changsha; he climbs from no.9 to no.7, standing behind compatriot Ma Lin and Japan’s Jun Mizutani.

Ma Lin remains at no.5, Jun Mizutani at no.6.
Taken by ittf.com

Mens Seedings

1) Ma Long
2) Wang Hao
3) Zhang Jike
4) Timo Boll
5) Ma Lin
6) Jun Mizutani
7) Xu Xin
8) Wang Liqin
9) Vladimir Samsonov
10) Joo Se Hyuk

Women's Seedings

li_xiaoxia3_31_08_11_Large.jpg

1) Li Xiaoxia
2) Ding Ning
3) Guo Yan
4) Feng Tianwei
5) Guo Yue
6) Liu Shiwen
7) Kasumi Ishikawa
8) Ai Fukuhara
9) Wang Yuegu
10) WU Yang

Chinas Li Xiaoxia still remains at the top spot on the women's world rankings. The 2nd position has changed, this goes to Ding Ning. Ding Ning is the recent winner at the Austrian Open 2011 in Vienna. Ding Nings victory in Austria has pushed her up into the 2nd position of the ITTF World Rankings.

This is Ding Nings highest career ranking. Not much has changed elsewhere in the womens rankings with only Wang Yuegu and Wu Yang swapping places.

What do you all think of the new world rankings? Any surprises? What do you think of the rankings this period around.

All photos used are by Remy Gros

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't think it will be too long before Zhang Jike is #2 and Ma Long is number 1. I think they will be in those spots for a while when Zhang Jike moves up one more spot. Ma Long is in form as of now though and he has earned that top spot.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
You forgot number 7 in Mens Seedings ;)

Well spotted :)

Fixed.

Everytime you post this you write Gao Yan instead of Guo Yan .. I dont understand, why you do the same mistake over and over again :)
Anyways I think and hope that in the new rankings in november it will be Ding Ning at the top of women rankings and Ma Long will remain at no 1 :)

Lol yeah very true, Its because I copy and paste from the previous world ranking thread. I have fixed it now.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Typos are easy to make especially when you are doing a ton of work on keeping such a big site up. I wish I could keep from making typos in my emails and thread posts. :) Some day I will catch them all. But when I cut and paste, I often repeat typos from a previous text.

The big issue is, Ma Long, Wang Hao, Zhang Jike: 1, 2, 3, and soon it will be Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao: 1, 2, 3. :) And the name that was invisible for a while, Xu Xin, is really the only other name that might have a reasonable chance of cracking the top 5 right now; well, I guess Wang Liqin could as well. But the top five are at a different level than the rest. There is a big drop off after those top guys.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The big issue is, Ma Long, Wang Hao, Zhang Jike: 1, 2, 3, and soon it will be Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao: 1, 2, 3. :) And the name that was invisible for a while, Xu Xin, is really the only other name that might have a reasonable chance of cracking the top 5 right now; well, I guess Wang Liqin could as well. But the top five are at a different level than the rest. There is a big drop off after those top guys.

Very very true,, these guys are taking table tennis to new levels that we couldn't even begin to imagine! Its going to be very hard now for any European to get back into the top 3 of the world. I think now Ma Long is fully fit and back to his best this will improve the rest of the Chinese team!

It will be interesting how Timo Boll will be able to cope after the improvement the Chinese have made over the last few months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Some day I will catch them all.
This sentence rembers me on my young childhood but I never catched them all :( :D

I am very happy that Ma Long is N°1 again. He really deserves it.
In my opinion Zhang Jike deserved the N°2 spot. WTTC 2011, and runner-up in China and Austria ....
If the chinese will play on this level for the next years no european will catch up ...

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This sentence rembers me on my young childhood but I never catched them all :( :D

I am very happy that Ma Long is N°1 again. He really deserves it.
In my opinion Zhang Jike deserved the N°2 spot. WTTC 2011, and runner-up in China and Austria ....
If the chinese will play on this level for the next years no european will catch up ...

Haha pokemon is amazing! What a show lol :)

Your very right there Tim, the way things are going the Europeans are going to have no chance in a few years or months to come.

Eh, is it just me or Ma Long and Ding Ning looks very similar in the photo above..

Haha I see what your saying, similar facial expressions

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Eh, is it just me or Ma Long and Ding Ning looks very similar in the photo above..

They do look a lot a like there. Same shot, left and righty, same facial expression, and without that, they look pretty similar in the first place. Give one of them the other's hairstyle and look out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I agree! He is so dangerous. Very good bh and fh!

Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Mattenet's backhand is very impressive I love em :)
His forehand is very good but not great.

Yes, he has the time and potential to reach the top 10s and he definitely needs to develop a very strong forehand to do so.