18740745_1706715999344070_8274244738410266222_n_zpsbn3j5cir.jpg

18740188_1706715362677467_7135983849130340492_n_zpscnjohhmg.jpg

18740747_1706715132677490_6623483471637365147_n_zpsy0ukcnkc.jpg

18813220_1706715489344121_9015879680221835227_n_zpsvrgpyseo.jpg

weight: 70 grams uncut
hardness: medium soft
speed: off
spin: high

I bought the Rozena out of curiousity because it costs the same with mxp's and I got it with a discount. Initial observations are that the topsheet is more on grippy rather than slightly tacky and the sponge is a porous magenta like color sponge. It is on the heavy side at 70 grams uncut. I would say the Rozena is just an above average rubber. I expected more from it despite the price being in the level of the mxp or any other German rubber. I found the Rozena to have plenty of speed. In fact, it is very bouncy and fast. I would put it a few notches below the speed of the MXP but faster than the EL-S. More like a Bluefire M2 speed level. It has plenty of power and speed that it is excellent to smash and drive. Spind drive is ok because the Rozena requires you to hit through the sponge to produce more spin. Blocking is really good because the rubber is much easier to block compared to the Tenergy series rubbers. You need a bit of effort if you want more spin with the Rozena. There are rubbers that you do not need to compress the ball against the sponge that much just to produce spin. I used an Adidas Strikewood 7 all wood blade here for the test and the SW7 is not a soft wood but the Rozena seem to need a stiff blade maybe a carbon one like viscaria or tb alc? The Rozena gives a medium arc when looping but the spin seems to be much less if you compare it with Baracuda, Tibhar Genius or MX-P and these are older rubbers. To be fair, Rozena is excellent if your game is more on smash/drive or all around style where you need a rubber that is not too fast and not sensitive to incoming spin. If you push chop, do drop shots and flicks or block just to win points then the Rozena is good enough. Even beginners can use this rubber because if you place this in an all+ blade at 1.9mm thickness because it is not too hard to use. If you are an advanced player and you want to get more out of your rubber I would suggest sticking with Tenergy 05 or MX-P and other similar rubbers.

i am not saying it is hard to produce spin, i am saying it takes effort to produce good spin, there is a difference between the 2. if you compare it with tenergy, the spin is much less. it is like a toned down tenergy 80 and it feels softer.

Last edited:
Rozena is easier to block especially against strong loops. the medium soft actually helps make the blocking easier. EL-S feels hard on impact and when you compare the ball bounce, the Rozena is more springy than EL-S. El-S is spinnier.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I found Rozena bouncy, quite soft and not very impressive.

Sure, it´s easy to play, but you could say that about a hell of a lot of other rubbers out there.

To be fair, this wasn´t going to be a cheaper tenergy from the start - although the hope was there, kind of a tenergy 99 or 77 specimen unused since 2008 and brought to the market at a fairer price ;)

But if this rubber was called Acuda S4 or Quantum pink or Joola Rhyzm-S or whatever, there wouldn´t be much of a fuss about it. And it would cost you less.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Hmm weird that the results are so different. Some say it's like a tamed Tenergy 05, some say it's just some mediocre rubber. I thought about putting it on my blade both sides for the next season and now I feel insecure :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hmm weird that the results are so different. Some say it's like a tamed Tenergy 05, some say it's just some mediocre rubber. I thought about putting it on my blade both sides for the next season and now I feel insecure :eek:

If you tame a tenergy 05, what do you get but something a lot more ordinary ;)

Whether this rubber will make you happy or not pretty much depends on what you expect. I didn´t see anything in it that an Evolution FX-S
couldn´t do or even wouldn´t do better. And that costs also 44,90 but a 20 % discount is possible, saving you 18 Euro every time you change both sides.

One more thing, a friend says Rozena doesn´t taking peeling off glue and re-glueing very well. Since he uses Revolution 3 which is so easy to peel off and has a lot of experience I would take his word that the Rozena sponge is a little delicate.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews

I think it also really depends what player reviews it. Yogi etc. play at a high level and they obviously prefer a T05 or an MXP. However, for me personally, I can't play well with an MXP because its too fast and too hard for my liking and my stroke. As with everything in table tennis, a lot depend on your stroke - IMO there is no BAD rubber or GREAT rubber for everyone. Your mileage will vary.

Airoc said:
Whether this rubber will make you happy or not pretty much depends on what you expect. I didn´t see anything in it that an Evolution FX-S
I've only played for an hour with Rozena so far so I'm going to refrain from judging it but I can already say that it is significantly less spin-sensitive than the FX-S.

Reactions: AndySmith
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
IMO there is no BAD rubber or GREAT rubber for everyone.

That is true.

I've only played for an hour with Rozena so far so I'm going to refrain from judging it but I can already say that it is significantly less spin-sensitive than the FX-S.

Which, on the other side, would place its ability to generate spin beneath that of MX-S. As you said, depends on your preferences what you like better.

I just think there is already a bunch of mid-soft - really good, don´t get me wrong, I like Rozena as is - rubbers out there with a more competitive price.

i do not use mxp on the forehand but i have used it in the backhand. i prefer the mx-s because it is like a chinese rubber. the thing is i can spin a softer rubber like tibhar genius sound better compared to the rozena. so you if you look it at my end, there is something lacking with the rozena in terms of spin generation. it is spinny yes, i rate it as "high" in terms of spin but it is below el-s, mx-s , tenergy or mxp. I usually test the rubber for its spin when looping an underspin ball. I usually try to loop it at late timing or when the ball is already at the level of the table to ensure i could brush it well and produce more spin aside from looping it peak and off the bounce. the spin is just not great compared to other rubbers that i used as a standard for spin. nevertheless it is a great rubber. i am not sure yet about the sponge being delicate because i have not experienced any chipping of the sponge.

What you have to think in terms of cost for rozena this rubber is £10/11 cheaper per sheet than tenergy for people that already have the money to be able to pay £42 per sheet for rozena then surely it would pay to spend the extra £20 to have tenergy on both sides or if not save £10-15 and get MX-P etc.
I only think that rozena would only be used by butterfly endorsed clubs or where players only use butterfly while they are developing to move on to tenergy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
What you have to think in terms of cost for rozena this rubber is £10/11 cheaper per sheet than tenergy for people that already have the money to be able to pay £42 per sheet for rozena then surely it would pay to spend the extra £20 to have tenergy on both sides or if not save £10-15 and get MX-P etc.
I only think that rozena would only be used by butterfly endorsed clubs or where players only use butterfly while they are developing to move on to tenergy.

The legend of the brand easily outshines the rubber, you are right.

If you need the performance of either tenergy, you have to spend the extra 12 Euro per sheet (over here).

If you don´t, you can easily pay 12 or 13 less per sheet than for Rozena and get yourself ESN or other japanese rubbers.

Either way, I don´t see why anyone would pay 45 Euro for a "me too" rubber, just because its logo has wings. And again, it is a good rubber, just not worth the extra money in my eyes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
Some impressions from playing 3 hours with Rozena today, glued on a BTY Innferforce ALC.S:

- Spin generation is definitely below Tenergy 05 and 80. I'd say its about on-par with the 64. It generates less spin than EL-S and MX-P. I'd even go and say it generates less than a Karis M.
- Speed is about 20% slower than a Tenergy 05; speed is again very similar to the Karis M, maybe a tad quicker.
- The arc of the shot is significantly lower than the one of the 05. I'd say its in-between the 80 and 64. (close to 80)
- The rubber is very easy to play. Pretty tolerant to incoming spin
- Rubber is significantly easier to handle in passive play than the Tenergy's, about the same level of a Karis M.
- Rozena is less bouncy than Tenergys
- Category-Wise I'd put it on OFF-

I think $50 for Rozena is OK. Yes, it can always be cheaper but its certainly a high quality rubber that is very suited to developing players and people with a less than stellar technique that don't practice often. Is it cheap? No but other high quality material such as the Karis are also in the same price bracket.

Last edited: