PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Rozena

yogi_bear
06-01-2017, 02:17 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/cjtm77/18740745_1706715999344070_8274244738410266222_n_zpsbn3j5cir.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/cjtm77/18740188_1706715362677467_7135983849130340492_n_zpscnjohhmg.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/cjtm77/18740747_1706715132677490_6623483471637365147_n_zpsy0ukcnkc.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/cjtm77/18813220_1706715489344121_9015879680221835227_n_zpsvrgpyseo.jpg

weight: 70 grams uncut
hardness: medium soft
speed: off
spin: high

I bought the Rozena out of curiousity because it costs the same with mxp's and I got it with a discount. Initial observations are that the topsheet is more on grippy rather than slightly tacky and the sponge is a porous magenta like color sponge. It is on the heavy side at 70 grams uncut. I would say the Rozena is just an above average rubber. I expected more from it despite the price being in the level of the mxp or any other German rubber. I found the Rozena to have plenty of speed. In fact, it is very bouncy and fast. I would put it a few notches below the speed of the MXP but faster than the EL-S. More like a Bluefire M2 speed level. It has plenty of power and speed that it is excellent to smash and drive. Spind drive is ok because the Rozena requires you to hit through the sponge to produce more spin. Blocking is really good because the rubber is much easier to block compared to the Tenergy series rubbers. You need a bit of effort if you want more spin with the Rozena. There are rubbers that you do not need to compress the ball against the sponge that much just to produce spin. I used an Adidas Strikewood 7 all wood blade here for the test and the SW7 is not a soft wood but the Rozena seem to need a stiff blade maybe a carbon one like viscaria or tb alc? The Rozena gives a medium arc when looping but the spin seems to be much less if you compare it with Baracuda, Tibhar Genius or MX-P and these are older rubbers. To be fair, Rozena is excellent if your game is more on smash/drive or all around style where you need a rubber that is not too fast and not sensitive to incoming spin. If you push chop, do drop shots and flicks or block just to win points then the Rozena is good enough. Even beginners can use this rubber because if you place this in an all+ blade at 1.9mm thickness because it is not too hard to use. If you are an advanced player and you want to get more out of your rubber I would suggest sticking with Tenergy 05 or MX-P and other similar rubbers.

mlax
06-01-2017, 06:47 AM
Hm first review of the Rozena that says its hard to generate spin with it.

TTHopeful
06-01-2017, 06:57 AM
Been waiting for your thoughts Yogi thanks. How does it compare to tenergy?

yogi_bear
06-01-2017, 07:05 AM
i am not saying it is hard to produce spin, i am saying it takes effort to produce good spin, there is a difference between the 2. if you compare it with tenergy, the spin is much less. it is like a toned down tenergy 80 and it feels softer.

mlax
06-01-2017, 07:08 AM
How would you compare Rozena vs. EL-S when it comes to forgiveness?

yogi_bear
06-01-2017, 07:15 AM
Rozena is easier to block especially against strong loops. the medium soft actually helps make the blocking easier. EL-S feels hard on impact and when you compare the ball bounce, the Rozena is more springy than EL-S. El-S is spinnier.

Airoc
06-01-2017, 12:59 PM
I found Rozena bouncy, quite soft and not very impressive.

Sure, it´s easy to play, but you could say that about a hell of a lot of other rubbers out there.

To be fair, this wasn´t going to be a cheaper tenergy from the start - although the hope was there, kind of a tenergy 99 or 77 specimen unused since 2008 and brought to the market at a fairer price ;)

But if this rubber was called Acuda S4 or Quantum pink or Joola Rhyzm-S or whatever, there wouldn´t be much of a fuss about it. And it would cost you less.

Shifu
06-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Hmm weird that the results are so different. Some say it's like a tamed Tenergy 05, some say it's just some mediocre rubber. I thought about putting it on my blade both sides for the next season and now I feel insecure :o

Airoc
06-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Hmm weird that the results are so different. Some say it's like a tamed Tenergy 05, some say it's just some mediocre rubber. I thought about putting it on my blade both sides for the next season and now I feel insecure :o

If you tame a tenergy 05, what do you get but something a lot more ordinary ;)

Whether this rubber will make you happy or not pretty much depends on what you expect. I didn´t see anything in it that an Evolution FX-S
couldn´t do or even wouldn´t do better. And that costs also 44,90 but a 20 % discount is possible, saving you 18 Euro every time you change both sides.

One more thing, a friend says Rozena doesn´t taking peeling off glue and re-glueing very well. Since he uses Revolution 3 which is so easy to peel off and has a lot of experience I would take his word that the Rozena sponge is a little delicate.

mlax
06-01-2017, 03:04 PM

I think it also really depends what player reviews it. Yogi etc. play at a high level and they obviously prefer a T05 or an MXP. However, for me personally, I can't play well with an MXP because its too fast and too hard for my liking and my stroke. As with everything in table tennis, a lot depend on your stroke - IMO there is no BAD rubber or GREAT rubber for everyone. Your mileage will vary.

Whether this rubber will make you happy or not pretty much depends on what you expect. I didn´t see anything in it that an Evolution FX-S
I've only played for an hour with Rozena so far so I'm going to refrain from judging it but I can already say that it is significantly less spin-sensitive than the FX-S.

laistrogian
06-01-2017, 05:13 PM
I think the two nice things about rozena are the tolerance to error and the spring sponge feel.

Airoc
06-01-2017, 06:44 PM
IMO there is no BAD rubber or GREAT rubber for everyone.

That is true.

I've only played for an hour with Rozena so far so I'm going to refrain from judging it but I can already say that it is significantly less spin-sensitive than the FX-S.

Which, on the other side, would place its ability to generate spin beneath that of MX-S. As you said, depends on your preferences what you like better.

I just think there is already a bunch of mid-soft - really good, don´t get me wrong, I like Rozena as is - rubbers out there with a more competitive price.

yogi_bear
06-02-2017, 01:05 AM
i do not use mxp on the forehand but i have used it in the backhand. i prefer the mx-s because it is like a chinese rubber. the thing is i can spin a softer rubber like tibhar genius sound better compared to the rozena. so you if you look it at my end, there is something lacking with the rozena in terms of spin generation. it is spinny yes, i rate it as "high" in terms of spin but it is below el-s, mx-s , tenergy or mxp. I usually test the rubber for its spin when looping an underspin ball. I usually try to loop it at late timing or when the ball is already at the level of the table to ensure i could brush it well and produce more spin aside from looping it peak and off the bounce. the spin is just not great compared to other rubbers that i used as a standard for spin. nevertheless it is a great rubber. i am not sure yet about the sponge being delicate because i have not experienced any chipping of the sponge.

Astorix
06-02-2017, 08:57 AM
If i am not mistaken, i think, i've seen the pink Rozena Sponge on Ito Mima's black rubber at the current WTTC so i don't want to interpret to much into this but someone could say this speaks in positive ways for Rozena - to be played at world class stage

Pricey 11
06-02-2017, 10:20 AM
What you have to think in terms of cost for rozena this rubber is £10/11 cheaper per sheet than tenergy for people that already have the money to be able to pay £42 per sheet for rozena then surely it would pay to spend the extra £20 to have tenergy on both sides or if not save £10-15 and get MX-P etc.
I only think that rozena would only be used by butterfly endorsed clubs or where players only use butterfly while they are developing to move on to tenergy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airoc
06-02-2017, 11:45 AM
What you have to think in terms of cost for rozena this rubber is £10/11 cheaper per sheet than tenergy for people that already have the money to be able to pay £42 per sheet for rozena then surely it would pay to spend the extra £20 to have tenergy on both sides or if not save £10-15 and get MX-P etc.
I only think that rozena would only be used by butterfly endorsed clubs or where players only use butterfly while they are developing to move on to tenergy.

The legend of the brand easily outshines the rubber, you are right.

If you need the performance of either tenergy, you have to spend the extra 12 Euro per sheet (over here).

If you don´t, you can easily pay 12 or 13 less per sheet than for Rozena and get yourself ESN or other japanese rubbers.

Either way, I don´t see why anyone would pay 45 Euro for a "me too" rubber, just because its logo has wings. And again, it is a good rubber, just not worth the extra money in my eyes.

Pricey 11
06-02-2017, 11:56 AM
I could see juniors/adults using this for stroke development but not much else better rubbers out there for less.

yogi_bear
06-03-2017, 12:09 AM
That is what i am trying to convey. Either stay with tenergy or choose mxp instead.

mlax
06-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Some impressions from playing 3 hours with Rozena today, glued on a BTY Innferforce ALC.S:

- Spin generation is definitely below Tenergy 05 and 80. I'd say its about on-par with the 64. It generates less spin than EL-S and MX-P. I'd even go and say it generates less than a Karis M.
- Speed is about 20% slower than a Tenergy 05; speed is again very similar to the Karis M, maybe a tad quicker.
- The arc of the shot is significantly lower than the one of the 05. I'd say its in-between the 80 and 64. (close to 80)
- The rubber is very easy to play. Pretty tolerant to incoming spin
- Rubber is significantly easier to handle in passive play than the Tenergy's, about the same level of a Karis M.
- Rozena is less bouncy than Tenergys
- Category-Wise I'd put it on OFF-

I think $50 for Rozena is OK. Yes, it can always be cheaper but its certainly a high quality rubber that is very suited to developing players and people with a less than stellar technique that don't practice often. Is it cheap? No but other high quality material such as the Karis are also in the same price bracket.

yogi_bear
06-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Tried the rozena on a tbs blade of a friend and it was better than using it in a 7 ply all wood blade. It attacked better but still has less spin than tenergy.

iamme
06-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Seems like rozena is very similar to tenergy 25 and brice high speed.
I read a comment that zhu yuling is using it?

Airoc
06-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Seems like rozena is very similar to tenergy 25 and brice high speed.

I think that tenergy25 and Bryce High Speed are worlds apart, and Rozena resembles neither.

iamme
06-03-2017, 04:38 PM
So you suggest the reviews are incorrect?

Airoc
06-03-2017, 05:48 PM
No, I just think you drew "interesting" conclusions from the reviwes. I can´t find any hint that it´s like t25 or Bryce High Speed (especially, since its concept is soooo different) in what people said.

iamme
06-03-2017, 06:00 PM
less spin than t05, check
less speed than t05, check
lower throw than t05, check
better short game than t05, check
better serves than t05, check
easier to block than t05, check

they seem pretty similar.

Airoc
06-03-2017, 06:27 PM
less speed than t05, check

According to Butterfly´s own rating system, both tenergy 25 and Bryce High Speed are faster than t05, and while give or take a little doesn´t matter, everything in the list could be said about a lot of other rubbers as well.

Of course, with spring sponge and all Rozena should have some resemblance to the tenergy series.

But it´s more than a mile off from Bryce High Speed with its concept of ultra thin top sheet and no spring sponge.

Maybe we can agree on that.

mlax
06-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Both T25 and Bryce have very little resemblance to Rozena from my experience.

iamme
06-03-2017, 09:07 PM
so seems like you think they are different, but you are not sure why.

UpSideDownCarl
06-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Here. I think this may explain something.

https://youtu.be/5gqHTlBp6iY

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

gekogark1212
06-04-2017, 07:11 AM
It looks liek Zhu Yuling was using Rozena vs Liu Shiwen in the WTTC

http://youtu.be/h_lSJlWoSCU?t=27m21s"

Maybe we're not good enough to realise its full potential?

Astorix
06-04-2017, 07:35 AM
I assume Rozena can in fact be an alternative to whatever rubber, for all those players who seeking for more consistency

phillypong
06-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Rozena seems to bring nothing special at all ! Its just a product created to try to sell more from Butterfly, trying to reach those that think Tenergy is too expensive but still want the Butterfly badge.
Its like the Butterfly Roundell , a guy from our club has 2 of those, nothing wrong with them but they bring nothing special at all.

laistrogian
06-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Rozena seems to bring nothing special at all ! Its just a product created to try to sell more from Butterfly, trying to reach those that think Tenergy is too expensive but still want the Butterfly badge.
Its like the Butterfly Roundell , a guy from our club has 2 of those, nothing wrong with them but they bring nothing special at all.

There's something special about it and it's the spring sponge feel. Butterfly's idea is to sell rozena for people who feel tenergy is still too fast or spinny for them but like the tenergy feel and I think rozena ticks these boxes down. I do feel rozena would be awesome if it has a tad more spin but it probably won't feel as good for blocking or short return because it will be more spin sensitive like tenergy 05

anchorschmidt
12-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Is the lifespan of the rubber comparable to 05 and 64? I think now is a good time to ask this question as the rubber has been out for a few months.

yoass
12-19-2017, 04:44 PM
Is the lifespan of the rubber comparable to 05 and 64? I think now is a good time to ask this question as the rubber has been out for a few months.

A friend of mine has been playing it since its introduction.

His sheets still play fine and show little wear on the surface, but Rozena is a bit more brittle than most others. He lost a few pieces after slight mishaps that impact other rubbers less, but tore small shreds off his Rozenas. So his edges got mangled. Esthetically unpleasant, but plays just as well.

JHB
12-19-2017, 05:35 PM
I've used Rozena since August. I haven't torn any pieces out of my edge yet, but I have 12mm edge tape so that may be part of the reason. So far as wear goes, as Yoass says there is very little sign of surface wear - also the rubber doesn't pick up finger grease staining anywhere near so readily as Rhyzm, Evolution or Aurus did, so if you look at my bat now five months down the line it isn't immediately obvious which is my backhand side and which is my forehand.

It isn't particularly easy to generate spin on services with Rozena, your contact has to be "just so"; OK, if I play with a DHS D40+ ball I can get backspin services to bounce twice on the opponent's side but I think that says more about the ball than anything else ! However on firmer shots where you are compressing the sponge there is bags of spin available, and with a TB ALC behind it harder shots do tend to travel like the proverbial off a shovel :cool:

Shifu
12-19-2017, 05:43 PM
I've used Rozena since August. I haven't torn any pieces out of my edge yet, but I have 12mm edge tape so that may be part of the reason. So far as wear goes, as Yoass says there is very little sign of surface wear - also the rubber doesn't pick up finger grease staining anywhere near so readily as Rhyzm, Evolution or Aurus did, so if you look at my bat now five months down the line it isn't immediately obvious which is my backhand side and which is my forehand.

It isn't particularly easy to generate spin on services with Rozena, your contact has to be "just so"; OK, if I play with a DHS D40+ ball I can get backspin services to bounce twice on the opponent's side but I think that says more about the ball than anything else ! However on firmer shots where you are compressing the sponge there is bags of spin available, and with a TB ALC behind it harder shots do tend to travel like the proverbial off a shovel :cool:

What is your level and how would you rate the control of the ALC+Rozena combo? Is it bouncy and hard to play in short game or a lot easier than with Tenergy for example?

And how much do the 1.9 and 2.1 differ? Just a bit less bouncy or other characteristics?
Thanks! :)

JHB
12-19-2017, 06:15 PM
What is your level and how would you rate the control of the ALC+Rozena combo? Is it bouncy and hard to play in short game or a lot easier than with Tenergy for example?

And how much do the 1.9 and 2.1 differ? Just a bit less bouncy or other characteristics?
Thanks! :)

My level is local league, lower divisions (age, and 30+ years away from table tennis have seen to that.) I went for this combination because my previous Evolution setup was hard to control in the short game - Paul Drinkhall I am not. With the Rozena I still make the occasional error in the short game, but far fewer that I was making previously, so my control is definitely much better. I haven't played with Tenergy yet - that's the next stop on my EJ train.

As a left-hander playing mostly doubles, my backhand is now far stronger than my forehand and I find that using 1.9 on the backhand side stops me from over-hitting whereas 2.1 on the forehand makes up a little for my power deficiency. I don't think there is any difference other than speed, or I am not at a high enough level to notice it.

Shifu
12-19-2017, 06:23 PM
I tried Tenergy once, it was super fun to play with, liked the feeling and made some amazing shots but it was just too hard to control in short game for me. I switched to H3N and like this one a lot better. I still have not found my perfect backhand rubber, I play with TG3-60 atm but I don't find it very forgiving in the topspin game, pushing is fine though. I want something that is more forgivable in the topspin game without being super spin sensitive like Tenergy. I think a bit more catapult would be better for my game on the BH.

amoc
12-20-2017, 05:23 AM
I tried Tenergy once, it was super fun to play with, liked the feeling and made some amazing shots but it was just too hard to control in short game for me. I switched to H3N and like this one a lot better. I still have not found my perfect backhand rubber, I play with TG3-60 atm but I don't find it very forgiving in the topspin game, pushing is fine though. I want something that is more forgivable in the topspin game without being super spin sensitive like Tenergy. I think a bit more catapult would be better for my game on the BH.

I'm very happy with the Tibhar Aurus on my backhand. My backhand topspins are getting more and more constistant with it. I play it in 1.9mm.

MydasDiablo
12-20-2017, 06:26 AM
In my journey up the divisions, I used to win many points with high spin loops that the opponent blocked long. However, once I reached the top division, which is a big jump in standard from Div Two, those guys aren't bothered by spin at all. They can block or re-loop any amount of spin I can put on the plastic ball. Granted, with T05 and MX-P if I hit the ball perfectly I can maybe catch them off guard with the spin to win a point, but it is much more rare. Points at this level are one by 1. Being more consistent and keeping it on the table longer 2. Placement to put the ball where they can't reach it or into the body 3. Spin one to get a higher ball back and flat hit it (much harder to return than a spinny loop). So if Rozena helps me achieve these three goals better than MX-P, it is probably a better rubber for me.

These are my experiences based on playing in my particular local leagues, so it is opinion to further discussion and not fact ; )

apex600
09-03-2018, 09:04 PM
I'm just looking for a rubber for my weak BH that blocks, flicks, pushes and hits well but also puts enough pressure on oponent during blocking. topspin on BH is weak.

I tried T64 2.1 but it's a little to fast for me.
1st option is to go to 1.7mm
other option is hammond pro beta.
I was wondering if rozena would also be an good option?

EvilOctopus
09-03-2018, 10:11 PM
i play it on my backhand and its defo helped me improve it a bit. Plenty fast to put opponent under pressure with blocks, which is still my main use for the backhand, not very sensitive to incoming spin which helps and a decently high arc which i think helps with the opening topspin. Find yogi's review to be very accurate tbh.

apex600
09-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Yogi bear mentions it needsa stiff blade

I play all wood 5 plyblades in all+ range. Currently testing andro temper tech all+, osp expert all+and an old surbek which is in between those 2 (my feeling). Not too many peoplewill know this blade (amazing feeling but quite small/short grip. I meanwhilehave 3 of these).
The tempertech is thestiffest and blocks well but it is 70grams. If I combine with light rubbers, itgets too light (blade + Hammond PB + tenergy 05fx = 153grams). Maybe put dhstg2 of h3neo on it may add some grams…
The OSP is good but haveonly played 2 times with it for 15 minutes. Very flexible.
The surbek I have beenplaying with for years.

JohnS99
03-30-2019, 11:21 PM
I tried it on my friends Korbel blade. I liked it on the backhand. It had very very good spin and it even had good power far from the table. In fact, it was so good I bought one and will put it on my Timo Boll alc next month alongside JP01 Turbo on the forehand.

nivekkan
09-15-2019, 09:25 PM
This thread is way more useful than Dan's YT video. Thx:D

Silver Server
09-20-2019, 05:16 PM
What are some alternatives to Rozena? I'd assume rubbers in the line of Vega Pro, Rakza 7, etc, but aren't those considered alternatives to Tenergy whereas Rozena is a "step down"?

Thinking about playing Rozena on both sides of a Korbel, but Im reading a lot of "mediocre" comments.

langel
09-20-2019, 05:58 PM
What are some alternatives to Rozena? I'd assume rubbers in the line of Vega Pro, Rakza 7, etc, but aren't those considered alternatives to Tenergy whereas Rozena is a "step down"?

Thinking about playing Rozena on both sides of a Korbel, but Im reading a lot of "mediocre" comments.

I couldn't get what exactly you are asking for.

For a T05 player Rozena would be mediocre, and for a beginner developing to intermediate it would be a step-up.
If for someone Rozena is mediocre, all its substitute alternatives would be mediocre too.
You have to define style, level, and equipment history.

Silver Server
09-20-2019, 06:54 PM
for a beginner developing to intermediate it would be a step-up.

This is me. Been playing with a Yasaka Extra with Mark V for a few years now and looking to step-up. Have a Korbel and kind of undecided on rubbers.

langel
09-21-2019, 05:58 AM
This is me. Been playing with a Yasaka Extra with Mark V for a few years now and looking to step-up. Have a Korbel and kind of undecided on rubbers.

Rozena will be a step-up, but you may find this step-up too small.
T05fx is a bigger step-up option.
Later on you may change the blade with a faster one too, but after you get used to the new rubbers.

yoass
09-21-2019, 11:16 AM
I've played with Rozena for over a year. Prior to that, I used T05 and to me Rozena was a step-up in the sense that while keeping a lot of the good T05 things intact, it did so with additional confidence. As feelings go, Rozena and T05 felt clearly kin, but T05fx is a different thing altogether — and one I've tried, but failed even though really wanting trying, liking.

Nemesis
11-26-2019, 06:48 PM
Dear yogi_bear

I'm a topspin player, on the backhand I attack the first ball in backspin with a loopdrive spin and the second ball with a "little smash" and movement of wrist. What do you advise me between rozena or mx-p on my Timo Boll ALC?

JohnS99
11-26-2019, 06:57 PM
Dear yogi_bear

I'm a topspin player, on the backhand I attack the first ball in backspin with a loopdrive spin and the second ball with a "little smash" and movement of wrist. What do you advise me between rozena or mx-p on my Timo Boll ALC?

The rozena is well balanced on the bh. Good block and spin. Not so fast but not bad far from the table. I prefer it on the backhand. Your Timo Boll Alc will suit it well

Nemesis
11-26-2019, 07:03 PM
The rozena is well balanced on the bh. Good block and spin. Not so fast but not bad far from the table. I prefer it on the backhand. Your Timo Boll Alc will suit it well

Many thx for the answer;)

Eric_Wan
01-24-2020, 02:30 AM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi48.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff239%2Fcjtm77%2F18740745_1706715999344070_8274244738410266222_n_zpsbn3j5cir.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi48.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff239%2Fcjtm77%2F18740188_1706715362677467_7135983849130340492_n_zpscnjohhmg.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi48.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff239%2Fcjtm77%2F18740747_1706715132677490_6623483471637365147_n_zpsy0ukcnkc.jpg

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi48.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff239%2Fcjtm77%2F18813220_1706715489344121_9015879680221835227_n_zpsvrgpyseo.jpg

weight: 70 grams uncut
hardness: medium soft
speed: off
spin: high

I bought the Rozena out of curiousity because it costs the same with mxp's and I got it with a discount. Initial observations are that the topsheet is more on grippy rather than slightly tacky and the sponge is a porous magenta like color sponge. It is on the heavy side at 70 grams uncut. I would say the Rozena is just an above average rubber. I expected more from it despite the price being in the level of the mxp or any other German rubber. I found the Rozena to have plenty of speed. In fact, it is very bouncy and fast. I would put it a few notches below the speed of the MXP but faster than the EL-S. More like a Bluefire M2 speed level. It has plenty of power and speed that it is excellent to smash and drive. Spind drive is ok because the Rozena requires you to hit through the sponge to produce more spin. Blocking is really good because the rubber is much easier to block compared to the Tenergy series rubbers. You need a bit of effort if you want more spin with the Rozena. There are rubbers that you do not need to compress the ball against the sponge that much just to produce spin. I used an Adidas Strikewood 7 all wood blade here for the test and the SW7 is not a soft wood but the Rozena seem to need a stiff blade maybe a carbon one like viscaria or tb alc? The Rozena gives a medium arc when looping but the spin seems to be much less if you compare it with Baracuda, Tibhar Genius or MX-P and these are older rubbers. To be fair, Rozena is excellent if your game is more on smash/drive or all around style where you need a rubber that is not too fast and not sensitive to incoming spin. If you push chop, do drop shots and flicks or block just to win points then the Rozena is good enough. Even beginners can use this rubber because if you place this in an all+ blade at 1.9mm thickness because it is not too hard to use. If you are an advanced player and you want to get more out of your rubber I would suggest sticking with Tenergy 05 or MX-P and other similar rubbers.
Supposed to be a introductory rubber to Tenergy and their Spring Sponge high tension products

Pricey 11
01-26-2020, 05:37 PM
Im currently using rozena on both sides on my viscaria and I’m more than happy with the rubber good control and very good spin but most impressed with the consistency. Will probably upgrade my FH in a year but on the BH that will stay more than good enough

guedir
04-19-2020, 05:49 PM
i am not saying it is hard to produce spin, i am saying it takes effort to produce good spin, there is a difference between the 2. if you compare it with tenergy, the spin is much less. it is like a toned down tenergy 80 and it feels softer.

I feel the same, compare to Rakza 7, I dont know if it is because the rozena is on zjk alc and the rakza is on acoustic. This is from a beginner opinion.

Der_Echte
04-19-2020, 05:54 PM
There was a dude in our club who bought Rosena, slapped it on his blade, and had the same complaints Yogi had about it.

I didn't even know what blade that dude had, I asked him to switch blades, I knew Rosena was a modern control rubber and knew I can spin with that type of rubber.

I wanted to show him that that rubber can spin it crazy and easy enough.

I asked that dude to give me the normal variety of balls - underspin long, deal or light topspin slow long (like a block, but he couldn't block my shots), he gave me a medium topspin...

In every one of those balls, on FH I took my normal stroke on the ball and spun the living daylights out of the ball blocked over the barriers.

I got a few medium loops to FH and blasted them short side of table down the line screaming.

Like any control rubber, you can hit hard and still land it, but you really have to hit it real hard to get that result... but the result with that class of rubber is higher percentage.

If you are a player who could benefit from a control class rubber a little softer than T05, Rosena may not be a bad option. It is not priced ridiculous high. It may the only rubber BTY sells that is anywhere close to natural market equilibrium.

Der_Echte
04-19-2020, 05:59 PM
On my Tibhar Akkad, on BH, I use an old-school glue-era rubber with softer sponge (Nittaku Hammond) without any boosting or speed glue... last tourney my BH was simply smoking hot with that rubber and blade. Spin forever and if it was an inch high, speed loop city.

A control class rubber allows you to have a higher margin for error on power shots, it also makes it easier or more high percentage to spin it up... for a lot of our games, such a class of rubber and its potential consistency/quality is MUCH MORE suited for us than the macho-man rubbers...

... but it seems so many of the male table tennis world wanna be a macho man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmhKK6Fur2Q