SUNNYSIX Review - Sunnysix7 & Sunnysix3!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
So I posted earlier during the week about Sunnysix rubbers.

Not sure where the company is based(Korea or Japan I'd assume) but I was told from the my contact that it's made in China for sure.
Personally I find it even more interesting that it's not from the typically oligopolistic Big3 rubber manufacturers in GER/JPN.

I tried a new set of both on my new FL Infinity VPS(my previous set was on MaLong5) with DHS #15 glue but this time boosted it a
couple times for a days with my Seamoon 'potion'.

At my first few strokes, the FH rubber(Sunnysix7 aka Ss7) was super tacky. So tacky it barely reached the end of the table on my first few drives.
As I started to warm up the pace took of and felt more comfortable making more aggressive shots.

Spin was so good, on a good 2-3 shots out of 10, my coach(he used to be at national squad Chi-pen a few years back) who's used to playing against Team Butterfly, would miscalculate the level spin and would have to readjust his blocks.

In essence, the Ss7 feels like the high-tensioned H3. It give you plenty of spin with the right push without overdoing it.
FH receive was also very good and weight/regularity seems adequate and the blue sponge also add some spice to boot!

Eve more pleasant surprise came from the Sunnysix3(Ss3) on my BH. AMAZING CONTROL.
As soon as my coach realized I'd keep sending him back my flicks and drives, he shook me around with random
shots down the middle and to my FH. My drills went so well I was getting in to the 'FZD mode'.

Defensive shots were also very effective. My receives wouldn't be as sensitive to my coach's serve.
The angle was just right, my cuts will barely hover over the net making it even harder for the opponents.

We decided to move into scenario training starting off with my BH receives moving into BH flicks/drives
then finishing the point off with FH down the line.

I stuck with Ten05 rubber on my back for a long time until I switched to the Ten64 for more control trading it for less spin.
Always thought Ten64 was gonna be my BH love forever it looks like that might change soon. Right now I feel I could even
evolve my game around my BH drives and would keep practicing it this way.

As for the downsides, I can't think of too many but the Ss7 doesn't seem too light(like any other Chi-rubbers).
Not sure what the retail price is but I'd be extremely happy to see it somewhere in between the Yasaka Rakza/Calibra LT and slightly under
the Mantra level since it will have to gain more exposure and publicity.

Overall, my take on the rubber is as follows(following the TTdb guide):

- Sunnysix7(Red-FH):

Spin: Very High
Tackiness: High
Tension: High
Sponge Hardness: Mid
Weight: Mid-High

- Sunnysix3(Black-BH):

Spin: Med~High.
Tackiness: High
Tension: Med
Sponge Hardness: Med
Weight: Fairly Light

I still have to check on the durability and will keep posting as we go along with further testing and reviews!

Will post my new images soon.

Hope you enjoyed it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Thanks for the review! Sounds like a great alternative to H3 (provincial, maybe national).

I hope it is durable and consistent similar to H3 provincial or national.

If I may just add some things, SUNNYSIX is a Korean manufacturer and the name of the rubbers are Sunny 7 and Sunny 3, and retail price here is about $53~$54.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
20170603_220034.jpg20170603_220057.jpg
Really like the Sunny3 black(bh) rubber ;)

I've had it for just over one week and it has changed my game!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Haha I will ask ny contacts for channels outside of Korea. As for Sunny7, my FH rubber in red, it felt like a tangy H3 provincial(cant use the commercial version).

Sunny3 is the hard part. The sponge is super soft and gives u magnificent control. I got so confident in my blocks it gave me so many more options to attack and counter attack my game. Really hard to compare but I'd say its like a super soft/more controlled Rakza7/9 but still very different. Still looking for more Sunnysix related stuff but also dont see much on the net. To me, it seems like a its a totally new company ramping up their operations worldwide.

Hope it helps!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Mr Lee, you can ask at Lee Seong Sook TTC in Uijeongbu if William can manage to handle reading the Korean websites ㅋㅋㅋ or manage at restaurants or 칙맥내기 or one shots...

The main website of Sunnysix does not display here in California. I CAN see the Daum website and am surprised that Kakao is now the owner of Daum. What city is area code 070 anyways?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Mr Lee, you can ask at Lee Seong Sook TTC in Uijeongbu if William can manage to handle reading the Korean websites ㅋㅋㅋ or manage at restaurants or 칙맥내기 or one shots...

The main website of Sunnysix does not display here in California. I CAN see the Daum website and am surprised that Kakao is now the owner of Daum. What city is area code 070 anyways?

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ(lol)

070 is the internet phone number(or online phone number? I don't know how to say it in english)

I guess some website platform providers block foreign IP address to avoid DDoS attacks and I think that's why non-Korean TTD members cannot see the website..

This user has no status.
Hey guys,
quick update on sunnysix rubbers and where to get them.
I was lucky enough to spend the last two weeks with my girlfriend in Seoul getting to know her family and decided to head to the sunnysix office over there.
Over there they told me that they provide global shipping of their products. Their current limitation is however, that you cannot buy via their website, but have to write an email to them ([email protected]) and that payment is only doable via paypal.
The folks over there were really nice and enthusiastic, as i ended up heading with them to a nearby gym and played for like an hour and had lunch with them.
They also provide good discounts for larger orders, as i bought 4 sheets (2x SS7 & 2xSS3) for around 120€ and getting a bunch of free stuff such as glue and seamon booster on top of that.
I don't know how responsive they are to english written emails, as the guy (dont know if he was the CEO, my korean is not that great tbh) i was talking to did not speak any english. They also want to make their products more easily available in other countries, however they want to take their time with that, as business in Korea seems to be going pretty well so far.

Reactions: JST and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey guys,
quick update on sunnysix rubbers and where to get them.
I was lucky enough to spend the last two weeks with my girlfriend in Seoul getting to know her family and decided to head to the sunnysix office over there.
Over there they told me that they provide global shipping of their products. Their current limitation is however, that you cannot buy via their website, but have to write an email to them ([email protected]) and that payment is only doable via paypal.
The folks over there were really nice and enthusiastic, as i ended up heading with them to a nearby gym and played for like an hour and had lunch with them.
They also provide good discounts for larger orders, as i bought 4 sheets (2x SS7 & 2xSS3) for around 120€ and getting a bunch of free stuff such as glue and seamon booster on top of that.
I don't know how responsive they are to english written emails, as the guy (dont know if he was the CEO, my korean is not that great tbh) i was talking to did not speak any english. They also want to make their products more easily available in other countries, however they want to take their time with that, as business in Korea seems to be going pretty well so far.

sounds interesting. Guess i´m gonna give it a try then. Thanks for sharing.