Best point from training session 5/6. Tips?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016

A video of me (Nicky, born 2003, tall guy) and my good friend Edvin (born 2004) having a fun set making som good point. This wasn't a serious match so we did back away from the table a bit lol. Would be appreciated to get some tips maybe on my technique, footwork, BH, etc. Thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Great stuff ! Lot of fun points and you both have a very good game ! So you are the tall guy ?
I think you level is quite high and I will let other comment on the technique , only thing I could see is that the forehand of the tall guy was a little too big ... but again this was a fun session, videos of serious match / game play would be nice to see

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Great stuff ! Lot of fun points and you both have a very good game ! So you are the tall guy ?
I think you level is quite high and I will let other comment on the technique , only thing I could see is that the forehand of the tall guy was a little too big ... but again this was a fun session, videos of serious match / game play would be nice to see
Thank you for the nice comment and promoting me with a "high level":) Yeah I'm the tall guy with the long arm which is fully straight when I loop that big motion hehe. I mean, more power a guess:rolleyes: but a bit useless extra motion:/. But yeah, I'll see if I can get a real match with him and hopefully he will let me film it since he does sometimes get a temper if I'm winning cuz he has a lot of pressure on him in the club:/

Nice stuff! I like your backhand technique. You could work on your forehand. In some years you will get in trouble when you guys will play harder near to the table. Your FH will be to slow to hit the ball. Try to play more with your underarm and your wrist instead of full arm and body. Later when you got that you can add your hips for more power in the shots! And maybe try to stay lower! Than you can move faster and get faster from BH to FH. Or like Timo Boll said in the interview with Dan you can just see more what the ball does like spin and length in receiving

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Nice stuff! I like your backhand technique. You could work on your forehand. In some years you will get in trouble when you guys will play harder near to the table. Your FH will be to slow to hit the ball. Try to play more with your underarm and your wrist instead of full arm and body. Later when you got that you can add your hips for more power in the shots! And maybe try to stay lower! Than you can move faster and get faster from BH to FH. Or like Timo Boll said in the interview with Dan you can just see more what the ball does like spin and length in receiving
Thank you so much for the comment, i really do appreciate it. Oh wow didn't expect any positive feedback on my BH hehe, but yeah now that you said that "more underarm and wrist and later hips" I will really try and focus on that this training session and later on. Yeah it is true, later the game will be a lot faster and my FH will be way to slow. I saw this video on where you can see Ma Long mostly using underarm and wrist when looping, and not the whole arm, the other part is quite close to his body. Thanks again:)

Reactions: PolishTT17