The 2010 ETTU Supercup...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
will start tomorrow @ Yekaterinburg, Russia at around 3:30 pm local time or 9:30 GMT and, according to the ettu.org site, will be streamed live at laola1.tv.

here's the link to the official website: http://www.ttfr.ru/supercup2010/members/index.php?lang=2

it may display in russian. for those of you who don't speak russian, you can go to the top of the page and click "ENG" to make it display in english.

anyhow, you'll find below the list of players. timo boll had originally signed up, but has just pulled out. i think he has been overplaying of late and is tired--he pretty much said so in the post-3rd-place-match interview yesterday at the world cup.

PARTICIPANTS

ITTF rating Player Country

8 Vladimir SAMSONOV Belarus
12 Dmitriy OVTCHAROV Germany
18 Christian SUSS Germany
20 Werner SCHLAGER Austria
22 Patrick BAUM Germany
24 Adrian CRISAN Romania
131 Grigory VLASOV Russia
132 Alexandr SHIBAEV Russia

Last edited:

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
schalger to win!

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
thinkin about i would kinda like suss to win because he never wins competitions and puts in the effort

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
i think it will have to be either one of the top 2 players who wins it. my only pick for a "dark horse" would be patrick baum. he beat vladi at the european championships and he's just out of the top-20, so he's probably brimming with confidence (and hunger).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
i think it will have to be either one of the top 2 players who wins it. my only pick for a "dark horse" would be patrick baum. he beat vladi at the european championships and he's just out of the top-20, so he's probably brimming with confidence (and hunger).

oh, one more thing... i'm not 100% sure laola1.tv will show this. the ettu.org site says they will, but the laola1.tv site has no mention of it at all. so, i guess we'll all find out tomorrow (well, actually, it's already "today" over there in europe).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
ok, it is apparently up and running, but it's not working for me. SAMSONOV - SUESS should be on now, but the vid is stuck in the VIDEO WIRD GELADEN ("video is loading") phase. anybody else having this problem?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
ok, now it's working, 2 games later. it's the middle of game 3, vladi v. suess...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think it's actually good for the competition that Timo has withdrawn!
Everyone will be motivated to show who the number 2 in Europe is/could be in the future!