New rubber = greasy surface = no spin = no confidence = waste of money??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Guys some of you may live in a warm climate, if so i'm keen to hear from you. Over the last month it's been warm here and my during practice my rubbers (TSP Rise BH/Agrit FH) are getting slick and greasy, so much so that all the grip and subsequently all confidence saps out of my game. Today I played with new Yasaka Rakza 7 on my FH, the surface was greasy after 1 hour, and a I had to constantly wipe it. A fellow player offered me his bat (Tenergy 05) it was dry and grippy and my loops were sweet. My coach thinks my set up is inferior, always a proponent of Butterfly. Does anyone have the same problem? How do you cope in warm humid climates? Do I really need to buy Tenergy?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
A cheap option - I like it!

Hehe true :p

When you wipe the bat down, do you use a towel? I hear wiping the bat down on your shorts or tshirt really damage the surface of the rubber.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I get the same thing with any rubber when its warm and moist. Not much you can do apart from wiping the surface of your rubber very often I think. Or maybe try a tacky Chinese rubber. I read that Ma Lin likes to play in a really warm hall. So I guess there is a way to make it work well. xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
You should be cleaning the surface of the rubber anyways in between drills or points. You can either just do the breath technique and clean off the sweat and grime or if you're rubbers are a bit more pricy try just getting a good sponge to clean off the rubber after each game. The Chinese rubbers do well in most climates, cold or hot. I've not yet had a problem with having no grip on the ball so I don't really know how the rubbers you've mentioned pertain to climate. If you're having trouble with the warmer climates maybe only order your rubbers during colder climates so you can get the most out of them and buy some cheap Chinese rubbers for the warmer climates. Excluding some of the pretuned rubbers they typically do well in warmer climates.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hehe true :p

When you wipe the bat down, do you use a towel? I hear wiping the bat down on your shorts or tshirt really damage the surface of the rubber.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Yeah my coach advised the same, I need to bring a towel when I play I think.. and a sweatband, but not Tenergy, not yet anyway

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Guys some of you may live in a warm climate, if so i'm keen to hear from you. Over the last month it's been warm here and my during practice my rubbers (TSP Rise BH/Agrit FH) are getting slick and greasy, so much so that all the grip and subsequently all confidence saps out of my game. Today I played with new Yasaka Rakza 7 on my FH, the surface was greasy after 1 hour, and a I had to constantly wipe it. A fellow player offered me his bat (Tenergy 05) it was dry and grippy and my loops were sweet. My coach thinks my set up is inferior, always a proponent of Butterfly. Does anyone have the same problem? How do you cope in warm humid climates? Do I really need to buy Tenergy?

There's a simple explanation to this buddy. It has to do a lot with temperature difference..which caused the condensation or sweat. It has nothing to do with the quality of the rubber. In your case, it's warmer in side the hall than outside. When the bat is cold slightly and when you bring it into the hall, fine particles of water will develop. It happen to me too when my equipment has been in an air conditioned car for a long time. But in my case, the rubber dries up pretty quickly after 10 minutes or so because the temperature in Malaysia is rather high. So don't fret about it so much, and you don't really have to change your rubber. Just wipe it from time to time, coz the last thing you want is for the moisture to absorb into the rubber which will make it longer to dry and it'll change the character of the rubber..at least until it's completely dry. :)

This user has no status.
I noticed when it is a most or damp, some rubbers can handle it better then others. Eventually most/all rubber will have problem with greasy layers if you don't clean i think. In stead of tenergy (if you might concider changing rubber) you can also think about Nimbus. To me it works better then other rubbers in most/damp places.