Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial Thickness

This user has no status.
In process of getting a Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial Blue Sponge rubber, and I'm deciding between 2.1 vs. 2.15 mm thickness (although 2.2 is also available). Could anyone comment on the difference between 2.1 and 2.15? Is it negligible? I've done some researching in Chinese forums, but no definitive answers are available. I'm wondering whether anyone here's played with both.

If you are playing in those official competitions whereby strict racket control regulations are being applied, you may want to consider going for 2.1mm because there is a possibility that 2.15mm may go beyond the total thickness of 4.0mm (rubber + sponge).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I'm currently playing with H3 national Orange sponge (max). First impression without boosting : it's seems like a dead rubber. After played this for several month you realised this rubber it is not slow at all! This is actualy a power rubber. It's only that you need the right technique for this kind of rubber. I would say that this rubber could be a lot faster than T64. In fact by learning to play this H3 rubber without boosting. Your technique will become more steady. When i now switch back to tensor rubber i makes a lot more unintended power strokes. That's because i use now more body rotation to generate speed instead of hitting harder with my arms.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
In process of getting a Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial Blue Sponge rubber, and I'm deciding between 2.1 vs. 2.15 mm thickness (although 2.2 is also available). Could anyone comment on the difference between 2.1 and 2.15? Is it negligible? I've done some researching in Chinese forums, but no definitive answers are available. I'm wondering whether anyone here's played with both.
Most commoner in TT needs ~ 0.5 mm difference in thickness to be able to grasp the difference. [emoji28]

And I don't think difference smaller than 0.2 mm would affect gameplay. [emoji6]

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015

If you are going to boost the rubber, then 2.1 mm thickness will be the best. Interestingly, I have never seen hurricane 3 neo provincial blue sponge 2.2 mm thickness. Any photos?

Reactions: Suga D