Who do you think will win the Japan Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Fang Bo

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Just when you thought everything would calm down after World Championships, the Japan Open is here and you'll be shocked at who's playing! The line up is huge! The Japan Open will take place in the city of Tokyo and begins on the 14nd June and concludes on the 18th June.

Total number of entries so far is: 184

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Today's Matches - Day 1

Live matches from the Japan Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

China's Ma Long, the recent World Champion has entered the Japan Open as the #1 seed.

malonggermanopen2015.jpg

Ma Long no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

timobollrio2016olympics.jpg

Germany's Timo Boll enters the Japan Open as the #8 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Ma Long
02) Fan Zhendong
03) Xu Xin
04) Jun Mizutani
05) Wong Chun Ting
06) Timo Boll
07) Fang Bo
08) Chuang Chih Yuan
09) Koki Niwa
10) Kenta Matudaira
11) Tiago Apolonia
12) Lee Sangsu
13) Stefan Fegerl
14) Yuya Oshima
15) Kristian Karlsson
16) Hugo Calderano

Women Singles Seeds

1fengtianwei2017japan.jpg

Singapore's Feng Tianwei enters the Japan Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Feng Tianwei
02) Chen Meng
03) Kasumi Ishikawa
04) Cheng I-Ching
05) Miu Hirano
06) Han Ying
07) Hitomi Sato
08) Mima Ito
09) Hoi Kem Doo
10) Xiaona Shan
11) Hina Hayata
12) Jihee Jeon
13) Jian Zeng
14) Jie Li
15) Honoka Hashimoto
16)Mengyu Yu

For full player entries click here.

Live matches from the Korea Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

What an exciting line up. The table tennis world is still buzzing from the recent world championships! Players are now in Japan getting ready for the World Tour! Will Ma Long maintain momentum or will Fan Zhendong gain revenge on the captain? Semi Finalists Xu Xin and Lee Sangsu will be looking to go that extra round. Japan's finest Jun Mizutani will be looking to find form. Mizutani conqueror Harimoto will is participating at the Japan Open he will be one to look out for! Germany's Timo Boll who took 2 sets of Ma Long has entered as the 6th seed. A lot of look forward to!

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions and join us in the live chat in the ITTF Live Streaming!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
I hope Fan zhendong will take avenge Malong in the finals

Gửi từ SC-02F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

After winning the WTTC, I don't think Ma Long will care too much about not winning the Japan Open, nor do I think that FZD will feel like he avenged his loss in the WTTC by winning it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
After winning the WTTC, I don't think Ma Long will care too much about not winning the Japan Open, nor do I think that FZD will feel like he avenged his loss in the WTTC by winning it.

When your record against someone on the world tour is 1-10, every victory counts and is better than a defeat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

I read in an interview with LGL that ML hates to lose any match irrespective of any opponent or tournament. Yes, he will be a little relaxed but he will still give his best to win !! Go Ma Long !!

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
yep Harimoto is playing. All the Japanese stars are here. Most of them will be in China next week as well for the China Open !!!!

Actually there are more Japanese players listed for the China Open than Chinese players !!!!

Japanese invasion, i think japan would took this chinese open seriously. i would like to see Kishikawa performance rather than mizutani jun.