Who will win the European Table Tennis Mens Singles Championships?

• Timo Boll

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Bastian Steger

• Alexey Smirnov

• Patrick Baum

• Kalinikos Kreanga

• Adrien Mattenet

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Werner Schlager

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Others - leave a comment below

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The Official Singles thread for the European Table Tennis Championships 2011

The Singles Draw has been released - 11/10/2011

European Championships 'Singles' - INTERSPORT Main Sponsor - 12[SUP]th[/SUP] - 16[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2011, Gdansk-Sopot, Poland

The best European table tennis teams meet in Poland for the biggest European event! The European Table Tennis Championships!

This major event is held in Gdansk-Sopot, Poland and will begin on the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] October and end on the 16[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2011. This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started and we can begin to discuss the seedings. This thread is a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from singles event of this amazing championships! If you want the Team event thread click HERE

Timo boll leads the European Table Tennis Championships as the number 1 seeds in the men’s singles event!

timoboll28_1.365x265.jpg

Photo by ad-hoc-news.de

Mens Singles

1) Timo Boll
2) Vladimir Samsonov
3) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
4) Bastian Steger
5) Alexey Smirnov
6) Patrick Baum
7) Kalinikos Kreanga
8) Adrien Mattenet
9) Werner Schlager
10) Jorgen Persson

For more on the Draw. Click here to see it.

Michael Maze has pulled out of the Singles event. I believe its due to his injury and that he does not want to over do it. Olympics is only around the corner.

There's no doubt about the initial position before the upcoming tournament in Poland, Timo Boll is the man to beat at this year's ETTC.
A lot has happened since Maze beat him in front of his home crowd in Stuttgart and the winner of 2009 would probably be happy if he stayed injury-free during the competition.

Boll's main task will most likely be to keep up his focus and prevent upsets by some of the upcoming talents from France and his teammates Dima Ovtcharov, Bastian Steger and Patrick Baum. Christian Süss, who beat him at The German Championship, had to withdraw from the competition due to a severe injury.

1photo-Reuters-Germany-Dimitrij-Ovtcharov.365x265.jpg

Photo by: Reuters

Vladimir Samsonov could perhaps pose a threat to Boll's title campaign but the best days of the Belarusian have passed.

One could get the impression that we've got an utterly boring tournament ahead of us but appearances are deceitful.
It will be exciting to see if Boll can repeat his masterpiece once again, how well the young players have progressed and if the German team will be able to defeat teams like France and Belarus without Christian Süss.

The women’s singles is lead by Wu Jiaduo.

Wu-2011-Schillings (1)(1).jpg

Photo by: Schilling

So who do you think will win the Mens and Women's singles? Remember to share this thread to your friends on facebook. Stay tuned!

Enjoy!

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
What a win!!!! Liam Pitchford (WR 269) defeats Alexey Smirnov (WR 20)!!
Wow! What a win for Liam over the 5th seed.
I've been incredibly impressed by him this year. He's had wins against Gao Ning, Stefan Fegerl, Vladimir Samsonov and now Alexei Smirnov. I think it's fair to say he has overtaken Paul Drinkhall as England's no.1 player.

I'm sure he has a bright future. How old is he now?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I just saw the last 3 games of Pavlovich - Noskova.. What a 7th set that was, amazing!
Noskova loses 5th and 6th after 3-1 ahead and seemed to have given up. Then in the got a 5-0 lead, but Pavlovich went on to lead I believe 9-7 before Noskova won the game and the match 11-9.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Does anyone know if there's anywhere online where one can watch the men's singles matches?