Fastest Serve in the World!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Check out the fastest serve ever by Japanese wonderkid and future World Champion Asuka Sakai.William Henzell from TTEDGE quotes on his youtube channel that "This serve is no fake. At least 30 witnessed this serve in the hall at the Werner Schlager Academy yesterday!!"

wsa_inside-f1541a37.jpg

Photo by: WSA-TT.com

How on earth does he do it? Can anyone come close to this? This serve was taken on film in the Werner Schlager Academy

NEW just in --- Slow Mo Version ---

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It's pretty amazing. When you've got 20 professional players standing around shaking their heads then you know it's something out of the ordinary. I've had a few requests for slow-mo of the serve so people can see what is happening, so watch out for this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
I dont really understand that..
It looks like he is playing underspin on the serve!
But when you play underspin, the ball doesnt go back to table, its floating higher..! So how on earth managed he leave the second bounce on the table ???
Can someone explain me this???

It's mostly topspin/sidespin. He's not hitting the ball with his forehand (black side), but with his backhand (red side).

Reactions: Kenta Cipriano
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Maybe it is underspin. But theoritecally it is impossible. But the ball when done with an underspin yet fast enough, it will produce a dead ball and it will bounce higher in the first serve. I am confused lol.

But I think it is topside in some way. The ball is first directed more to the middle but the sidespin will give more length to the ball to travel therefore more velocity could be applied.
Or maybe it is pure topspin. If you look closely, he struck the ball with massive flex of his wrist. But I think it is a topside.
He also bounce the first ball very close on his side. Oh he also use his backhand to hit the ball..

Damn this could evolve the game like when Japan invented the inverted rubber and the loop drive simultaneously..

And what the heck is BollForte doing there with a very closed mind like dat :\

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Maybe it is underspin. But theoritecally it is impossible. But the ball when done with an underspin yet fast enough, it will produce a dead ball and it will bounce higher in the first serve. I am confused lol.

But I think it is topside in some way. The ball is first directed more to the middle but the sidespin will give more length to the ball to travel therefore more velocity could be applied.
Or maybe it is pure topspin. If you look closely, he struck the ball with massive flex of his wrist. But I think it is a topside.
He also bounce the first ball very close on his side. Oh he also use his backhand to hit the ball..

Damn this could evolve the game like when Japan invented the inverted rubber and the loop drive simultaneously..

And what the heck is BollForte doing there with a very closed mind like dat :\

Yea he hits the ball on the top, while it is falling down. Incredible timing and accuracy to produce a serve like that I guess xD. But he throws the ball a little towards himself as well it seems.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If he is hitting with the red side, and it looks like he is, then the bat face that contacts the ball is facing almost straight down. It is sort of like when someone does a Tomahawk with the backhand side.

There is a point between 27 and 29 seconds where he is rehearsing how he is contacting the ball and he is putting the ball right near the edge on the backhand side of the rubber with the rubber facing almost straight down.

However fast this serve is, I think the top players would see it coming and the flaw with fast serves, if you do not surprise your opponent, they can come back even faster. That being said, I will try this. :)

GDP

This user has no status.

GDP

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Looks like he is hitting the ball with the backhand side of blade. There's a slo mo vid on youtube.

Gotta try this tonight.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The ball is also bouncing so close to the edge on his side and on the far side. Pretty cool how much more easy it is to see what he is actually doing with the slow motion. I had paused and saw he was contacting with the red side but it was not as easy to see the angle he uses on his arm, which is also what you have to do when you do a backhand tomahawk, which is really what this is, but a really fast one. :) When I have tried it before it felt really hard to do a backhand tomahawk serve. So this serve cannot be easy. :)