PDA

View Full Version : Ding Ning using a Carbonado at China Open!

TTHopeful
06-25-2017, 07:52 AM
Hi folks I've just tuned into the women's final at the china open and it seems Ding Ning is using a type of Carbonado. Looks like a Carbonado 45?

Anyone know the reason for the change? Ding Ning is sponsored by DHS so this doesn't make much sense? Especially with the event being in China for fans to see.

John18
06-25-2017, 08:12 AM
Ding Ning is not sponsored by DHS for her blades, her previous blade was Stiga Ebenholz.

In the commentaries of this match, Adam Bobrow said it was for more speed with the new plastic balls,
And it's true that almost of all the women CNT members has gone to carbon blades now.
I don't see one with an allwood balde anymore (??) while it was the opposite before...

yogi_bear
06-26-2017, 01:10 AM
maybe its 145, the 45 version is too slow but i am not sure.

yogi_bear
06-26-2017, 01:20 AM
it is carbonado 45, the white lens is the proof. strange. ebenholz 5 seem harder and faster than that.

drunix80
06-26-2017, 02:18 AM
Is it just me or does DN seem to really generate more spin than usual in China Open ?

TT-Chris
06-26-2017, 05:20 AM
Chen Meng and Zhu Yuling are using Carbonado 45 too, or?

Flash Gordon
06-26-2017, 08:12 AM
wow. that is a real statement from ding ning to change from ebenholz to carbonado 45. it must be because of the abs quality balls. she is the best woman player.

NextLevel
06-26-2017, 08:25 AM
Liu Shiwen was using HL5. Just as interesting to me.

Astorix
06-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Yeah, if one followed closely the matches of the CNT Womens in recent days, you could clearly see that there are quite a few changes in equipment.
what i saw for sure was that Zhu Yuling, Chen Meng and Ding Ning all using Stiga Carbonado 45 now and the new shooting Star Sun Yingsha a Carbonado 145 if im not mistaken (i think, i saw a Black lense on her blade)

Liu Shiwen is using a Hurricane Long V now - at least the handle appears as one

this is what i saw at least

yogi_bear
06-26-2017, 02:37 PM
That is correct. Stiga already confirmed it

John18
06-26-2017, 02:58 PM
Is there still anyone in the CNT who is using an allwood balde..?? (men or women)
(only Xu Xin I can see... and well, don't wanna "talk" about FZD blade... ;) lol)

ajtatosmano2
06-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Is there still anyone in the CNT who is using an allwood balde..?? (men or women)
(only Xu Xin I can see... and well, don't wanna "talk" about FZD blade... ;) lol)

We can talk about FZD's blade now. It's very clearly a Viscaria. But if you search for 'FZD blade' in the forum you will see an excessive amount of post, so don't talk about that.

VicVoc32
06-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Was this the first tournament for Ding Ning with the Carbonado?

Giangt
06-29-2017, 11:58 AM
Was this the first tournament for Ding Ning with the Carbonado?
It is from China Open.

Flash Gordon
06-30-2017, 11:48 AM
thanks for the info

It is from China Open.

Selimsaim
07-04-2017, 02:01 AM
it is carbonado 45, the white lens is the proof. strange. ebenholz 5 seem harder and faster than that.

i noticed tje cnt switched to carbon blades after ding ning said miu hirano was to fast and powerful when she beat ding ning at the asian championships. now ding ning, chen meng, zhu yuling are using the stiga 45, sun yingsha is using 145, liu shiwen is using the ma long v blade. she changed blades because she has seen to many foreigners using her blade so she wanted to change. that was her reason. the others i am not sure. the blade must feel good?? and have little more spin/speed?? ding ning looked amazing and fast at the china open. same with zhu yuling.

RajaLoopah
07-04-2017, 06:30 AM
Last time I checked at ITTF Flickr, Fan Zhendong is using an Infinity VPS blade with the normal Infinity VPS handle and not the FZD Stiga handle. Maybe this time he really switched to Infinity.

mlax
07-04-2017, 07:15 AM
Last time I checked at ITTF Flickr, Fan Zhendong is using an Infinity VPS blade with the normal Infinity VPS handle and not the FZD Stiga handle. Maybe this time he really switched to Infinity.
He's using a Viscaria with Stiga Handles.

yogi_bear
07-06-2017, 01:24 AM
Ding Ning is not sponsored by Stiga either so I think it was her personal choice to move to Carbonado 45?

Baal
07-06-2017, 01:28 AM
I read somewhere that LSW use a DHS blade at China Open. If true, I wonder how that works with Btfly? Maybe her contract with them is up and DHS will pay more?

flash
07-06-2017, 02:55 AM
LSW and FENG Tianwei are both using a HL5 or something of resemblance.

mlax
07-06-2017, 05:02 AM
Are they using HL5 or W968? (Limba)

Giangt
07-06-2017, 06:50 AM
I read somewhere that LSW use a DHS blade at China Open. If true, I wonder how that works with Btfly? Maybe her contract with them is up and DHS will pay more?
Correct that LSW used a DHS blade in the latest China Open tournament. Having DN using a Stiga blade while she is sponsored by DHS is a good question. She is still using a DHS rubber. The whole CNT is sponsored by Stiga.

NextLevel
07-06-2017, 12:10 PM

It was visibly an HL5.

Leonardo12345
09-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Or an 245

darucla
09-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Correct that LSW used a DHS blade in the latest China Open tournament. Having DN using a Stiga blade while she is sponsored by DHS is a good question. She is still using a DHS rubber. The whole CNT is sponsored by Stiga.
Looking at the TTD video about their trip to the CNT training centre (just amazing BTW) in Beijing, it seems that the biggest (most visible) CNT sponsor is DHS, but the only major TT name I didn't see around the centre was Butterfly :p. I really don't think it is reasonable for any one company to insist that a player change their blade, and risk their performance and their value to the sponsor thereby. Sponsorship is more about association of the brand with the celebrity than with whether they actually use it. I don't think that people believe implicitly that famous people actually buy the brands they endorse. I know it is a little more involved within a sport like table tennis, when talking about related products, but certainly in the wider world, it is just association. Is anyone upset when Ford sponsors a movie by supplying cars, but the star is later seen in another car in the real world?

yogi_bear
09-26-2017, 12:34 PM
she changed back to ebenholz

steffi
03-17-2018, 02:26 PM
This reminds me of the blade Li Xiaoxiao started using at the end of her career. I think it too was also a Carbonado because of the plastic ball.

yogi_bear
03-17-2018, 06:08 PM
I think Carbonado 45 is being used by some female cnt players.