Finally Fang Bo 2!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
After a lot of questioning about blades I finally had ordered it. Thanks to all the TTD members who helped me out for deciding​. I'm not at all disappointed. It's a great blade. Really well balanced. No such thing as too stiff or too flexible. Feels just right for short game, and definitely gives me the accuracy and speed when playing offensive. I've got to play with it for only a day. So I'll keep updating if I find anything to add. Cheers!! And let's enjoy the beautiful game.
7c8723e66cdc88b184f057224d51857b.jpg
17b5a99798925e3f6f296e9e03d910fe.jpg
b5cfb554b96edfd1589a357dacb7ef05.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
OMG I'm waiting mine arrive. For me alc is the best felling in blades (viscaria is the best blade I ever played).

One question what rubber is that you're using in red? And what are the characteristics of it?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk
It has a tensor logo on it, but feels more like h3 neo without the tackiness. I'm not even sure which company this rubber is from, my tt coach at school has put this one and so far I seem to like it. When I search for "Boll Hurricane storm 3" only one proper site that sells it , I found. But even that site is in some foreign language. It does not even have a Tabletennisdb review or anything. Couldn't find on megaspin, tt11, paddle palace, no where.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
there's a chinese brand called boll I think.

Yeah. I've seen their equipment on taobao.
They even been advertising their stuff with Timo Boll's Pic, where he wears blonde dyed hair! (hello photoshop!!)
Screenshot_20170629-000815.jpg
And i would be very surprised if this rubber is really made by ESN as the tensor logo suggests.
I'm pretty sure he (Timo) and them (ESN) don't even know of this!!
:(
Hope the rubber plays better than it looks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Yeah. I've seen their equipment on taobao.
They even been advertising their stuff with Timo Boll's Pic, where he wears blonde dyed hair! (hello photoshop!!)
View attachment 13645
And i would be very surprised if this rubber is really made by ESN as the tensor logo suggests.
I'm pretty sure he (Timo) and them (ESN) don't even know of this!!
Hope the rubber plays better than it looks.
It does play good when new. But does not feel anything like a tensor at all. Idk why they have put the logo and why they are even allowed to do it. Weird stuff... Plays more like Chinese rubber's, sort of like 729's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
It does play good when new. But does not feel anything like a tensor at all. Idk why they have put the logo and why they are even allowed to do it. Weird stuff... Plays more like Chinese rubber's, sort of like 729's.

That's what i thought. Looks very much like rebranded 729 where some “smart“ market analysts with not even the slightest clou of tabletennis try to make an easy buck.

Nevertheless your FB 2 looks really nice.
[Emoji106]

Maybe you can find some decent authentic rubbers for it. I think it's worth it and also deserves it.
boll is not even a brand recognized by ittf so definitely not a tensor rubber.

It's also not on the ITTF Larc
http://www.old.ittf.com/stories/pictures/LARC_2017A.pdf
Seems as if even the ITTF reg. number is faked.
The looks and the fonts look like the ones of those “Komann“ Rackets though

Reminds me a little of the story my punjabi friend told me when he went to a market place in Lahore and got offered a T-Shirt with the Nike Logo on the chest, the Adidas logo on the back and Puma logo on the sleeves...
[Emoji15]
Maybe someone wanted to make sure all bases are covered.
[Emoji23]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
That's what i thought. Looks very much like rebranded 729 where some “smart“ market analysts with not even the slightest clou of tabletennis try to make an easy buck.

[Emoji106]

Maybe you can find some decent authentic rubbers for it. I think it's worth it and also deserves it.

Reminds me a little of the story my punjabi friend told me when he went to a market place in Lahore and got offered a T-Shirt with the Nike Logo on the chest, the Adidas logo on the back and Puma logo on the sleeves...
[Emoji15]
[Emoji23]
Lol awesome story

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017

[Emoji106]

[Emoji15]
[Emoji23]
Btw, can you suggest a fh rubber? I'm gonna keep mark v on bh cause I feel safe playing with it on bh. On fh though I'd like something a little bit more spinny and speedy than mark v. What rubber's would you suggest? I was thinking h3 neo or yasaka rakza 7. Pls do give other suggestions too. Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, quite hard to tell without knowing your playing level, so a vid would be very helpful.
But in any case H3Neo is less bouncy than Rakza 7, which is a tensor btw, so H3neo is a bit easier to control in the short game, and at serve and receive, but it might feel a bit 'dead'-ish compared to the Rakza, and might need some boosting which some players think is a bit of a hassle and also isn't very recommendable when playing serious competitions.
So all in all it depends a little what you're looking for in a rubber.
Do you need some support (from the rubber) on the harder shots, or is your fh powerful enough on it's own?
But tbh i've only hit very short with Rakza 7, so maybe someone else can elaborate more about it.
But from my likings i would prefer a proper boosted H3Neo over ANY other rubber.
;)
Hope this has been a little help.

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Well, quite hard to tell without knowing your playing level, so a vid would be very helpful.
But in any case H3Neo is less bouncy than Rakza 7, which is a tensor btw, so H3neo is a bit easier to control in the short game, and at serve and receive, but it might feel a bit 'dead'-ish compared to the Rakza, and might need some boosting which some players think is a bit of a hassle and also isn't very recommendable when playing serious competitions.
So all in all it depends a little what you're looking for in a rubber.
Do you need some support (from the rubber) on the harder shots, or is your fh powerful enough on it's own?
But tbh i've only hit very short with Rakza 7, so maybe someone else can elaborate more about it.
But from my likings i would prefer a proper boosted H3Neo over ANY other rubber.
;)
Hope this has been a little help.
Thanks, I'm not familiar with boosting. So I guess I'll look for something tensorish.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Mine arrived too.
Today morning I tested and here are my first impressions in comparison with the dhs PG7. I used the same rubbers (tibhar mx-p on both sides)

Right in the beginning the increase in speed is evident. But I found easier to generate spin too, a bit more flexible and spring. Because of it seems easier to do power loops.

In serves and touch shoots is easier to generate spin and place where you wanted.

Maybe because of the inner carbon you don't lose much control on short game, but when you perform a loop or drive power still there.

Sweet spot is bigger too, and have kind of that muted alc feeling. At least less wood feeling than PG7.

My friend glued a hurricane III NEO commercial in his Bo 2 and I tested too.
It's not that slow like I was thinking but lacks catapult. In short game is amazing, serves is very easy to spin. Flicks is so easy, it's like cheating.

In loops you feel the ball sticking in the rubber, but again I miss the catapult. Maybe boosting makes that rubber amazing but that's for another day.

I have a question. Do you guys are sure that's ALC? Because it's black/white. All the others alc blades I ever see is black/blue
7b770240eba2d0ed4078c2f676489e45.jpg
9580dcc4decf8929442d79cd3fa1cef5.jpg
58d504cbe4d873e925745e2fd056e714.jpg
5e04548b0d88a5304d95421d61e37a39.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Mine arrived too.
Today morning I tested and here are my first impressions in comparison with the dhs PG7. I used the same rubbers (tibhar mx-p on both sides)

Right in the beginning the increase in speed is evident. But I found easier to generate spin too, a bit more flexible and spring. Because of it seems easier to do power loops.

In serves and touch shoots is easier to generate spin and place where you wanted.

Maybe because of the inner carbon you don't lose much control on short game, but when you perform a loop or drive power still there.

Sweet spot is bigger too, and have kind of that muted alc feeling. At least less wood feeling than PG7.

My friend glued a hurricane III NEO commercial in his Bo 2 and I tested too.
It's not that slow like I was thinking but lacks catapult. In short game is amazing, serves is very easy to spin. Flicks is so easy, it's like cheating.

In loops you feel the ball sticking in the rubber, but again I miss the catapult. Maybe boosting makes that rubber amazing but that's for another day.

I have a question. Do you guys are sure that's ALC? Because it's black/white. All the others alc blades I ever see is black/blue
7b770240eba2d0ed4078c2f676489e45.jpg
9580dcc4decf8929442d79cd3fa1cef5.jpg
58d504cbe4d873e925745e2fd056e714.jpg
5e04548b0d88a5304d95421d61e37a39.jpg

Awesome review!! Btw even I was confused at first about the carbon. But I checked the official dhs site, and the description of the fang bo 2 say arylate carbon. So yeah ..... Also it's the same carbon as in the dhs long 5. Some it's Aramid carbon or something like that.Not sure yet. If any ttd member knew for sure, it would be helpful right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I recently bought a dhs 301 and the carbon/arylate seems a bit thinner than hurricane long v.
it's the same type of carbon but it's as if hlv has 10 layers while bo and 301 have 5 layers.
here's a pic of hlv
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTU4WDEyMDA=/z/psAAAMXQCZ1Tdz6L/$_1.JPG

Last edited: